BenefitsI am aving an operation hich means that I will not

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
metalmonkey
Resident

BenefitsI am aving an operation hich means that I will not

Postby metalmonkey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm

I am having an operation which means that I will not be able to work for a few months. I have paid autonomo for 4 years and am self employed. Does anyone know if there are any benefits I can claim whilst not working

many thanks
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

metalmonkey
Resident

Re: Benefits

Postby metalmonkey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Sorry I made a mess of the subject line, my apologies
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

gina59
Resident

Re: BenefitsI am aving an operation hich means that I will n

Postby gina59 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 am

I dont know if this is of help, but a friend of mine who has 2 children ran out of work, due to crisis, but was told he had to be self employed for 5 years before he could claim any benefits.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 am

Unfortunately Gina , they'll tell you anything. Friend of ours was told after 7 years he wasn't entitled to anything when in fact he was.

I'm sure the OP is entitled to sickness benefit & we also had a post some months back where I'm sure I provided some links. I'm a bit tied up to search at the mo what with trying to clean house etc after floods.
Todos somos Lorca.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:00 pm

You can claim 'prestación por incapacidad temporal por enfermedad común', you will need an official 'baja' note from your social security doctor, and present it, together with the below form at the S.Security offices within 15 days. You are entitled to 60% from days 4 to 20, and after that 75% of the 'base de cotización'. If you are paying the minimum autónomo, the 2012 base de cotización is 850,20.
This is the form:
http://www.seg-social.es/prdi00/groups/ ... 098180.pdf
I also believe you don't have to pay the autónomo monthly payments during the baja.
However I would suggest you get your gestor to do it for you.