UK Supermarket Shop

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pilgrim2
Resident

UK Supermarket Shop

Postby pilgrim2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Does anyone have experience of doing an online shop with one of the major supermarkets in the UK using a Uk debit/credit card registered to a Spanish address.

I want to do an online christmas shop for our son in the uk, spoke to tescos and they have said they wont do it,
Looking at Asda´s web site and it seems I cant do it with them either. Surely I cant be the only one wanting to do this?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK Supermarket Shop

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Not been able to do it with ASDA. Can't even top up an ASDA mobile SIM with a UK card with Spanish address registered to my debit card at Nationwide. Apparently it is to do with their address checker as it can't match postcode with the address. Having said that, ASDA tell me that they are about to bring in a new system for topping up their mobile phones thatvwill allow it.

Can't remember how I did it but I have managed it with Tesco, delivering to my daughter in Devon. I think I managed it by doing a manual input of my address and calling the county Spain, or something like that. Don't know if that was strictly legal but at least the words I typed were correct even though under the wrong headings.

All most annoying though. If Amazon can do it then Tesco, ASDA should as well.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 am

I haven't used my UK cards (registered to me here in Spain) for on-line grocery shopping but often use them for other on-line shopping with UK Companies as well as topping up my UK mobile. I've never had a problem. The cards will be verified and cleared by the issuer so I don't see why there should be any problem.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 pm

We have done on-line shopping Tesco a year or so ago using a UK debit card that is registered to our Spanish address and the goods were sent to my sons address, It was no problem.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 pm

We've often ordered goods from Tesco & had them sent to relatives in the UK. When you register use your son's UK address. We usually pay with a UK bank debit card (registered to our home address here in Spain).

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank you for replys I will give it a try.