Passport Number/Flying Query

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Passport Number/Flying Query

Postby telboy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Booked flights to the UK for February with Ryanair about 2 months ago.

Can't remember (an age thing) whether I had to include my passport number anywhere on the booking documentation. It doesn't seem to be on the booking information PDF they emailed back to me. :?

My concern is - we plan to renew our passports whilst in the UK using I think the Platinum Service (renewed the same day approx 4 hours) I believe the renewed passport number will differ from our previous number. This could be a problem when we confirm our return flight especially if our passport number doesn't tally-up with the number we came out on.

Ryanairs O'Leary' would just love to charge me that bit/lot extra for any document changes from the original booking.

terry

Sandramay
Resident

Re: Passport Number/Flying Query

Postby Sandramay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi tellboy, if my memory serves me correctly, you enter your passport details etc. when you check in on line with them prior to flying....... (up to three weeks in advance?) they send you a reminder. Your new passport number will differ from the old.
Sandramay

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 am

Hi telboy,
Have a look at your Flight Details online.
You get the option of putting API in when you book (you can't remember ) or at online check in time.
So if your .pdf file hasn't got that info you will be ok.

I got the above info from her in doors who is a frequent flyer :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 am

You can check in online separately for both legs of your journey. For your outward flight only using your current passport number - just 'uncheck' the return journey. On your return up to 4hrs before departure you can check in online using your new passport number.

Seems Mr O'Leary has made it simple for you so that you can renew your passport and not pay extra!
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks guys

When the time comes I'll double check my concern at the Ryanair Desk in the airport regarding my return flight.

terry

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

telboy wrote:Thanks guys

When the time comes I'll double check my concern at the Ryanair Desk in the airport regarding my return flight.

terry
They only charge a tenner for advice !