amazon delivery.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
allgram
Resident

amazon delivery.

Postby allgram » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

Hi, we have over the years ordered and had delivered all sorts of stuff from "amazon u.k." very successfully until we tried to order a vibration plate machine with the usual "free international delivery" note attached all went well until I clicked on the usual delivery address then it said it could not deliver to Spain, Is there something that stops "amazon" delivering these things to Spain.
Does anyone know of a shop in Torre del mar that I could buy from.

allgram.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: amazon delivery.

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 am

The commonest reason for delivery to Spain being blocked is that the item you have ordered does not come from Amazon.

The Amazon site contains many thousands of items that are sourced from outside Amazon and this is indicated in the details at the top of the product page. Sometimes it is supplied by a third party but "fulfilled by Amazon". These orders are usually shipped to Spain OK.

Some third party items will ship to Spain but there may be a delivery charge as they don't get included in the "over £25" free delivery to Spain. Other companies may have a UK only policy.

In addition to that, certain items may be too heavy to ship to Spain and some items, for various reasons may also not be available.

An example of that is certain Black and Decker products. They appear to have an arrangement with Amazon that they cannot be shipped to Spain - possibly because their prices in Spain are very much higher and they do not wish to affect that lucrative market.

More and more items are becoming available on the Amazon Spain site so it is always worth checking if the product you want is there. Often it is cheaper as well.

Sid

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am

Good advice (as always) from Sid.
When I'm searching for items on amazon uk I click on the Super Saver Delivery filter on the LHS and so I only see items which will be delivered free to Spain subject to a minimum order of 25GBP.
Graham

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 am

I have had ongoing problems with Amazon deliveries when they used MRW, they are now using UPS and I had hoped to see an improvement but so far this is not so, I think the problem is local as the tracking will show it has arrived |Malaga no problem then the system seems to stop, are you surprised ? :crazy:

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 am

I placed an order with amazon uk yesterday and they are still using MRW for my deliveries. I found with MRW that they often left deliveries in a bar in the local town. So I incorporated the bar in my delivery address (the invoicing address is still my home address) and so far it seems to have worked. I check tracking and when it states that the package is out for delivery then next day I visit the bar.