Paro (Spanish Unemployment Benefit)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Acen
Resident

Paro (Spanish Unemployment Benefit)

Postby Acen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Does anyone know if the paro (spanish unemployment benefit) is capped (ie) what is the top level income they pay out on??

Does anyone know what %%% of final salaries do they pay??

Does anyone know anything on how it works and how to claim.

This is extremely urgent and the ugly face of redundancy looms for me so any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

acen

crazyred
Resident

Re: Paro (Spanish Unemployment Benefit)

Postby crazyred » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 pm

It is capped but I don't have the exact figure and it may have change in the last shake up.
It is usually calculated at 80% of the average of the last 6 mths salary and the length of time that you will receive it depends on how long you were working. You will need to go to your local INEM office with your contracts, redundancy information, payslips, residencia, padron, passport, marriage certificate, children's birth certificates and anything else you can think of. You need to do this within 15 days of your termination date and you will probably need to make an appointment first. I would do this ASAP: https://sede.sepe.gob.es/contenidosSede ... revia.html

You should be given 2 appointment times, one is to register as unemployed and the 2nd to apply for paro/ayuda.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:54 pm

I think the poster 'fyfin' we replied to along the same lines last year.
Off the top of my head I think it is 80% max for 2 years but that would also be dependent on attending courses I believe.

You have to put your claim in within 15 days of being unemployed.
sorry don't know who/how the redundancy is paid other than it is 45 days/year under old system, which you would have obviously been under.
Todos somos Lorca.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

It`s been changed to 60% for a max of 2 years and a max of €1000 per month dependent on salery and time served. You get 50% of time served.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

When I did it a few years ago, I didn't need to take anything more than my ID and my bank details.All the my information was on record and the chap was able to tell me my entitlement in a few minutes. About three weeks later I got my first payment. It was all very painless.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 pm

"Spain's unemployment rate has hit a modern day record, with joblessness among young people topping 55%."

Today's BBC Business News.

I guess there will be even more in the queue.

anyroads