n.i.e. number (II)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jazzypeon
Tourist

n.i.e. number (II)

Postby jazzypeon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:03 pm

hi, peter once again,

i am surprised and happy to see how many people read my post.

however maybe someone also from an eu country can help me further.

as i wrote i did get the number three years ago and i do understand that this number now is 'for life'.

what i would like to know is do i have to renew the c e r t i f i c a t e (3 years) or newly register ?

i would like to add that the official when i asked him regarding a tarjeta emphatically told me 'no tarjeta no tarjeta' and pointed out that this din a4 certificate/number would be all i needed to buy houses (jokingly) etc.

please advise thanks again peter

knowal
Resident

Re: n.i.e. number (II)

Postby knowal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Does it say "Certificado de registro como residente comunitario" at the top of the form?
If so, it definitely does not have to be renewed.
What is more, after 5 years you have permanent residence under the terms of EU treaties.

jazzypeon
Tourist

Postby jazzypeon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am

thanks for reply - no - it says ' certificado de registro de ciudadano de la unión '.

the official said something including 3 years anos or was it actually meses ?

what is also confusing is how problemless the whole procedure was always a positive surprise while dealing with bureaucracy - no pictures no waiting period i did get the certificate immediately - to good to be true ?

it is obviously my mistake not making sure but español is simply demasiado difícil for me.

if you or anybody else who has experience with this issue could provide me with further info/advice i would very much appreciate that.

muchas gracias peter

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 am

Hi,
" certificado de registro de ciudadano de la unión".....I've got one of those and I'm "Tourist" status ie, I can stay over 90 days .
I think as you want to stay longer you will have to get more involved.........fyfin has posted on the process recently . Do a search.....fyfin

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 41#p290441

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 06#p289006
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

jazzypeon wrote:thanks for reply - no - it says ' certificado de registro de ciudadano de la unión '.

the official said something including 3 years anos or was it actually meses ?

what is also confusing is how problemless the whole procedure was always a positive surprise while dealing with bureaucracy - no pictures no waiting period i did get the certificate immediately - to good to be true ?

it is obviously my mistake not making sure but español is simply demasiado difícil for me.

if you or anybody else who has experience with this issue could provide me with further info/advice i would very much appreciate that.

muchas gracias peter
Sorry, that's not as definitive as I thought it would be.
Can you type on here what it says in the paragraph
"Certifica..." as that will say whether you registered as a resident or not.
If it looks like this (green form) you have a resident's certificate which has no renewal date.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm

If it looks like this (green form) you have a resident's certificate which has no renewal date.
White Horse. Is that not the form that, although it has no expiry date, does need renewing after five years? The new form says Permanent Resident and you get a plasticised paper printout the size of a credit card.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Campo Steve wrote:Is that not the form that, although it has no expiry date, does need renewing after five years? The new form says Permanent Resident and you get a plasticised paper printout the size of a credit card.
It looks like the form I have that says I am a Permanent Resident.
I got it before they introduced the newer credit card sized form.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

It looks like the form we had but ours didn't say permanent resident. I think this has been discussed before.

jazzypeon
Tourist

Postby jazzypeon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 am

hello, thanks for all your posts.

i have this greenish din a 4 paper certificado which actually states

certifica ... que este documento solo prueba la inscription en el registro central de extranjeros ...
(in connection with Passport) --- ha solicitado y obtenido
su inscripción en el registro central .... como residente comunitario en España, desde el (three years ago)

there is no expiration date for the f o r m / d o c u m e n t listed (as in a passport)

so what i gather is

the n.i.e. number itself is for life and does not have to be renewed.

i did at least something right by registering immedeately after arriving there is also my adress domicilio listed.

but i s there actually an expiration date for the certificate in the sense of an computer update of the registration to be obtained in person at the office the official told me about (3 years ?) and i did not understand
or which is generally known only i do not ?

please advise many thanks again i really appreciate your help peter

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:17 pm

jazzypeon wrote:hello, thanks for all your posts.

i have this greenish din a 4 paper certificado which actually states

certifica ... que este documento solo prueba la inscription en el registro central de extranjeros ...
(in connection with Passport) --- ha solicitado y obtenido
su inscripción en el registro central .... como residente comunitario en España, desde el (three years ago)

there is no expiration date for the f o r m / d o c u m e n t listed (as in a passport)

so what i gather is

the n.i.e. number itself is for life and does not have to be renewed.

i did at least something right by registering immedeately after arriving there is also my adress domicilio listed.

but i s there actually an expiration date for the certificate in the sense of an computer update of the registration to be obtained in person at the office the official told me about (3 years ?) and i did not understand
or which is generally known only i do not ?

please advise many thanks again i really appreciate your help peter
That form and the NIE number last for life.
After 5 years you have permanent residence under the terms of EU treaties.
After 5 years you may, if you wish, apply for a certificate of permanent residence, but it is not essential, it is up to you if you wish to get one.
They cannot refuse you the permanent certificate if you have been here for 5 years.

The 3 years people may have told you has been fabricated, as it is totally untrue.

@campo steve - some people were issued A4 sheets of paper, others were issued credit card size versions, but the wording is the same.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 pm

White Horse. If you are correct then you might like to pass that on to the Junta health section as they wouldn't let us register for a health card or register at our local health centre until we renewed. They insisted that the original green A4 sheets do expire, despite there being no expiry date.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Campo Steve wrote:White Horse. If you are correct then you might like to pass that on to the Junta health section as they wouldn't let us register for a health card or register at our local health centre until we renewed. They insisted that the original green A4 sheets do expire, despite there being no expiry date.
You can pass it on yourself.
They are in breach of the EU treaty.
Pages 26-29 of this will interest you (and them!)
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/ci ... nt_low.pdf
See also:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm
Click permanent residence.
EU website wrote:Permanent residence document

This is different from the registration certificate which is compulsory in many countries. The permanent residence document is not compulsory. It confirms your right to live in the country where you now live permanently, without any conditions.
Print it out and take it in. They should roll over immediately because they know that they are demanding something illegally. They are just being obstructive.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:19 pm

White Horse wrote: They are just being obstructive.
Or as usual, just plain stupid. It goes with the job.

Sid

jazzypeon
Tourist

Postby jazzypeon » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am

hello, peter one more time and thanks again for your posts.

so if i understand you correctly there is n o expiration date for the certificate however some institutions say there is.

the question again would be how these particular officials determine this date since as stated before no such exact day is given on the document.

therefore a notice of the duration / validity period would have to be generally known or posted somewhere because how i understand your example in regard health these officials must have made some calculation in their mind to come to the conclusión that you have to renew before obtaining some service given that you presented the same type of certificate we are talking about.

so the question i would like to put to Campo Steve is did they give you an exact period (3/5 years ?) and how did they find out your document had expired - again by calculation?

there seems to be some general confusion and i would like to ask you to once again advise.

thanks again peter

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am

From memory it was five years, based on the issue date which is on the A4 sheet.

Our gestor thinks that agencies such as health centres have been told to do this, rightly or wrongly. Apparently it is happening a lot.

John & Kath
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John & Kath » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 pm

jazzypeon wrote:hello, peter one more time and thanks again for your posts.

so if i understand you correctly there is n o expiration date for the certificate however some institutions say there is.

the question again would be how these particular officials determine this date since as stated before no such exact day is given on the document.

therefore a notice of the duration / validity period would have to be generally known or posted somewhere because how i understand your example in regard health these officials must have made some calculation in their mind to come to the conclusión that you have to renew before obtaining some service given that you presented the same type of certificate we are talking about.

so the question i would like to put to Campo Steve is did they give you an exact period (3/5 years ?) and how did they find out your document had expired - again by calculation?

there seems to be some general confusion and i would like to ask you to once again advise.

thanks again peter
Every official document I have been given in Spain has a stamp applied with flourish and great vigor at the end of the interview. That always has a date on it.
COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

http://costaesuriresidentsassociation.yolasite.com/