It is the time for suicides

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

It is the time for suicides

Postby olive » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Not a nice subject but has anyone else experienced suicides in their locality at this time of year?

We cannot understand it as you would think that now the weather is improving and everywhere is green. In our local village we have just had three in the last two weeks. One shockingly was someone we used to say hello to in passing.

We had the same thing two years ago in our village. All hangings.

Marina
Resident

Re: It is the time for suicides

Postby Marina » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:23 pm

How awful!

I always dread the summer when the A level results come out as there are usually reports of suicides then.

I know quite a few people who have had close family members commit suicide and it is so devastating!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I have not experienced it my areas. It may well happen though.
I know of it where I holiday strangely enough.

If the winter was bad for someone then the prospect of supposed to be being happy and full of joys of life in spring/summer,
might just be to much to deal with ?
I am not sure anyone can ever understand the mind-set of a suicidal person. The balance of their mind must be out of kilter If you are between a rock and hard place then it may be well be the only way you can see. With dire financial situation, illness, partner dying, no back up/support or wanting none for whatever reason, being out of it may seems the only way.

Sadly I think many more people will take that option, taking family members with them too some times.

For some there is no better life to come, certainly in their eyes. It is hard for family and friends to understand and cope.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:42 pm

A father, daughter and her husband all committed suicide in the village where we used to live, over a 10 year period I think it was, we only knew the husband, he was a lovely man.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:04 pm

The old lady who lived in the house behind ours committed suicide by hanging herself about 4 years ago now, but I can't remember what time of year it was. Her daughter found her when she arrived to visit - it's the only time I've ever seen someone genuinely in hysterics, it was awful.

Last year a young man in his early '30s who lived not far away (the son of a family who own a number of local businesses) shot himself in the head with a pistol, at home. He was known to have mental health problems which made it rather worrying that the family had a gun at home that he could get access to.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 am

The repos are helping either :(

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidios_ ... spa%C3%B1a
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi

My local paper has had several suicide reports; mostly on the day of or the day before eviction for non-payment of the mortgage or rent. Desperately tragic especially when there are so many empty houses around. I would love the banks to allow people to live in the empty (never been occupied) houses to prevent theft and vandalism. Sadly I believe I will see flying pigs first.

Davexf