Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 pm

I've filled in the online forms with no problem (Windows XP2 & IE8), but can't seem to be able to pay it :thumbdown:

We've both got digital sigs, and I get as far as the sending of info to the bank, but then I get this error message:
NIF del representante no apoderado de la cuenta

which I assume means 'the NIF doesn't match the bank records for the account' ?

Am I doing something wrong, or does it mean a trek to the bank.....??
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi chrissiehope,

Stick with it.......anyway to check your NIE format on you Bank account same format as the Form 210 :?:

Need you to write up ..... "How to pay Form 210 with Digital Signature for Dummies"..........

Then us Non-Residents can stay in UK and pay our dues............. :thumbup:
Last edited by Enrique on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 pm

you could have hit on something Enrique ! I've had a look at our online account, and where it lists the NIE/NIF, instead of the NIE no. it has hubby's old passport no which was used as his ID when we first opened the account ! (being female of course, none of my details are listed :wink: :lol: )

So of course the NIE on the 210 doesn't match the passport no of the account.....looks like a trip to the bank in a week or so when we're out there, armed with every document known to man (or woman) to see if we can get the two systems streamlined :roll:

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi! Chrissiehope

You don't need to visit your bank. There is a second choice of paying your tax bill. You can prepay from your bank account, via your internet bank webpage.

The following is an extract from "Dene1"

"I first access my Spanish account( Solbank) and make the payment from the dedicated tax portal on the banks website.This generates a code which is then entered on the tax submission".

"Yes, once the payment has been made via the bank you get the NRC.
On completing the 210 you have a choice of payment methods at the bottom. If you tick the "to deposit" box you enter the amount and the NRC.
If you tick the " Direct debit to deposit" it gives you the option of inputting your bank details.
I tried that the first time I attempted to submit online a couple of years ago,but it kept throwing up errors so I went back to paying at the bank first. I haven't tried the other way since.
I think it links with your bank and then you authorise the payment , but to be honest I don't really know.I saw something somewhere that said this had to be dine during banking hours.
Whichever way,you need to have online banking".

Using the " OPTIONAL Get Complete Reference Number (NRC)" method:

"The bank account from where the payment is made, must be in the name of the taxpayer".

If your using this method, then the bank account name (order of surname, christian name, etc.) and the NIE number must be exactly the same as the details entered on the Modelo 210 form. If not, your bank will not accept payment. Also, if a husband and wife needs to submit separate Modelo 210's, then, the bank account needs to be in joint names, with both NIE's on display.

Therefore, if you think you may have problems with this method of payment, then prepay your tax bill from your bank account first, via the bank's webpage. You can make multiple payments and obtain individual NRC numbers for each payment, without the problems associated with the "OPTIONAL GET COMPLETE REFERENCE NUMBER (NRC)" method.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by pengwynne on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Following on from my last post, when using the prepayment method, these are the details my bank needs, for me to make a payment, and to obtain the NRC (the receipt number), for each separate Modelo 210 form I need to submit. I have to submit 4 in total. My wife and I (one each for the apartment and one each for the garage), the apartment and garage each having its own individual v. catastral number.

Enter the data of the taxpayer:

Name: BLOGGS FRED
NIF/CIF: X77777D
Address: Apartamento 1, ED. Aston Villa Court
Postcode: 38011
Locality: Playa Aston Villa

Enter the data of the tax:

Model: 210 INCOME TAX (IRPF)/ORDINARY NON-RESIDENT
Tax year: 2012
Period: Annually
Code of administration: 36112 ........................(YourTax Authority Code Number)
Anagram: BLOE ..........(Normally first 3 letters of surname with a 4th extra letter)
Origin account 2065 xxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx
Amount: 94,76 Euros

The details entered are in "drop-down" boxes, so some are automatically filled-in as you go along.
This information is needed for the Caja Canarias Bank. Obviously, each bank has its own different format for obtaining the necessary details. Hopefully, your bank website has full english translation!!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 pm

You can also pay the tax bill by using your spanish debit/credit card.
Once all the details have been entered on the "electronic" Modelo 210 form, the " OPTIONAL Get Completed Reference Number (NRC)" box appears at the foot of the form (if you have clicked on the "To Deposit" option beforehand).
Click on this box and the next page appears with options on how to pay. Click on the second line. This will take you to the page where you can use your credit/debit card and generate the NRC number. Be aware though, that only certain banks and financial institutions will allow you to use this facility. Unfortunately for me, Caja Canarias Bank does not. A list of banks that WILL allow you to use credit/debit cards can be found by clicking on the last line of options on the "OPTIONAL" page, as mentioned previously.
You can experiment to see if things workout, by filling-in the boxes on all pages and do "dummy runs", by clicking the "NEXT" or "CONTINUE" boxes at the foot of the page, as long as you DO NOT click on the "CONFIRM PAYMENT" or "SIGN and SEND or RETURN" boxes!!!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Pengwynne, thanks for your detailed reply :D :thumbup:

As we are now in Spain, we will try to get the NIE registered as the ID for the bank, as it seems a shame to have got the digital signature & then not be able to use it....

...but if all else fails, I will follow your suggestions :lol:

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!
Successfully completed and electronically submitted my 4 Modelo 210's.
Time for a rest with a cup of coffee.
Hope it goes well with the rest of you!
Thanks to all who contributed on this thread!

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi All

Thanks to the superb advice from Beachcomer and El Cid, I've now been able to progress my Renta Tax (late I know!) for 2011.....

After downloading the Renta 2011 programme however, I couldn't get beyond the dreaded Error 0115, so I printed out my data, and this morning took it to my local Hacienda, where the guy there took pity on me, and voluntarily input the data on his system to enable the production of the required Form 210, which he printed off. Smiles, handshakes all round, and expressions of gracias!! So next to the bank to pay my taxes! Hopefully if necessary I can follow the same procedure later this year, when I pay my dues for 2012, hopefully before 31 December

Two questions though -
1) Has anyone ever come-up with a workaround or a solution for the dreaded error0115, please? Note that I tried both IE9 and Firefox
2) Is there a penalty for late payment, or will the Hacienda turn a blind eye to a few days late? :roll:

Any thoughts would be greatfully received

Thanks again Posters

Vinny

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi vinuela vinny,
Good that you made the payment in the end..........

"1) Has anyone ever come-up with a workaround or a solution for the dreaded error0115, "

Unfortunately the website for Form 210 is hyper touchy , what will work on on computer doesn't on another.

Looking at one of my current systems........Windows 7 (32bit) SP1......using tweak as in FAQ's
using the current Firefox 18.0.1..........error 00115
using the current Palemoon 15.4 (Firefox look alike)........no problem

Last year I was running an old copy of Palenoon 12 just to do the on-line Form 210. Have even saved it encase I will need it this year. :D

Its a case of trying a combination and seeing if it works.

At one time Win XP SP3 and Firefox was a sure winner but XP systems are getting thinner on the ground now.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Enrique

Thanks for that.... very useful.....

I'm current using Windows 7 (64bit) SP1, but I have an old laptop with XP back in the UK, and so will try that, and will also try Palemoon (a new one on me!) on both.....

It really is great what this Forum can come up with!!!!

Thank you all

Vinny

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:21 pm

I am finding the same with my Windows 7 64 bit. The form 210 works on Pale Moon but not Firefox. Pale Moon also provides a specific 64 bit browser which I now use as my default browser.

Curiously, to use the Ryanair web site it has to be the other way around. Works with Firefox (no add-ons) but not Pale Moon but I think that is because I have numerous Pale Moon (Firefox) add ons to prevent tracking cookies and advertisements, etc. because it will work if I restart Pale Moon with add-ons disabled.
Let's go Brandon!

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks to this excellent forum, I've just completed Form 210 and even paid the tax directly though the Agencia Tributaria website without any issues. I have Windows XP with IE 8 in case anyone wonders.

Just when I thought that I am done with Spanish taxes this year, I went to the Electronic Office on the Agencia Tributaria website https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml and clicked on "My record" there, just to check my tax records. After logging in with my certificate, I've got to the main page with the summary of my data, and there I saw that under "Domicilio Fiscal" it lists my Spanish address. Is this correct?? I am non-resident in Spain for tax purposes, and I've never knowingly applied to be a tax resident. The only thing I did - I went to the AEAT local office to certify my identity when getting these electronic certificates sorted. Did they register me as tax resident then I wonder, and should I now use Modelo 30 to rectify this (which electronic version doesn't load for me by the way :) )?

Could anyone, who is also non-resident here, please check what "Domicilio Fiscal" they are seeing under "My record"?

Thanks,
Alex

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi Alex_,
Should have let sleeping dogs lie.......... 8)

Now I will not sleep easy................I too looked in Pandora's box......... :evil:

Mine is the same.......no big deal.......its just the Spanish property address (Domicilio Fiscal=Official Address)........he says........ :D

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Enrique,

I know, I know.. :( It is like opening a can of worms when you try to be 100% tax compliant.. all for the sake of 100 EUR of tax :)

I do think that "Domicilio Fiscal" means "Resident for tax purposes" though (and some googling seems to prove it). I'll try to submit Modelo 030 online (where you can change your Domicilio Fiscal), just in case.. if the bloody thing will ever work for me. But if someone could prove me wrong (that I don't need to do it), I'd be more than happy.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 am

Hi Alex_,
On the Form 210 you have to fill in where you're Resident, address and your NI Number in that country.
You could do the Modelo 030 and see what if anything changes ............ :idea: and let us know. :thumbup:

I'd sleep easy and if they want to get in touch they will send you a letter............. :D

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 am

Ok, I am trying to fill out Modelo 030 (online version: https://www4.aeat.es/es13/h/ie10300a.html). By the way, as I've learned the hard way, you need to install the latest version of Java (Java 7) for that form to work!

I am not sure how to fill it out though - that form seems to be used for everything - registering with AEAT, deregistering, changing from resident to non-resident status and vice versa etc., and there is no explanation what needs to be filled out in each particular case! For example, if I have a property here in Spain, and the green Certifido de Registro, but am a fiscal resident of another country:

- what should I choose in "Residente [201/202]" - Resident of Spain or non-resident of Spain?
I don't want to be fiscal resident of Spain, but I don't want to deregister me from Spanish tax office either (as this field might be used to indicate that I left Spain completely).

- should I put the address of my Spanish property into "4. Consignación de domicilio fiscal en España", or should I instead put it in "6. Consignación del domicilio a efectos de notificaciones"?

- I am pretty sure I need to put my permanent non-Spanish address into "5. Consignación de domicilio en el extranjero", but mentioning it just in case.

If anyone knows how to fill out this form that would be much appreciated.

Alex

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Alex_,
What version of the Modelo 030 are you using.........bottom l/h side :?:

I've got Ver.3.0/2008 up and I don't have Java on this current system.

The link you posted does tell me I need Java. :?

Have to wait for Sid or Beach to pop in for the filling in bit........... :?

If fact we had a topic on this last year and Sid had some input............

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 30#p277986

ADDED:: There are two version of the Modelo 030.......... :roll:
If you go via the AEAT site you get a different one to the link Alex_ posted ..... :shock:

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi Enrique,

Yep, I found your version of Modelo 030 on the AEAT website. I'd think it is the main version of the form.

My version becomes available if you go to Electronic Office -> click on "my record" on the right -> login with your cert -> click on "Modificacion de Datos" link and then choose "Presentacion Modelo Censal (030)" from the menu. The Modelo 030 that then appears looks exactly the same as the main one (apart from the Java thing), so I think this is just another way of doing the same thing that they added directly in the profile page for the convenience. Not sure why they couldn't just link it to the original form though.. :?

Ok, lets wait for Beach and Sid who could hopefully clarify how to fill in that confusing form.. :)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Alex_,
1) My take....if you have been filling in the old manual Form 210 then they will have all your correct details ( well as best they can as it seems all the forms I've filled in have some typos by the time they have finished with them. )

2) That Form 030 looks to be ok to fill in as the drop down boxes in some sections give you Resident/Non-Resident......and as you're clearly Non-Resident.

3) Having the infamous A4 Green Form just allows you to stay over past 90 days up to 182 days.

Final Answer:: :D
I'd leave it alone.......they will get in touch soon enough if they have a query .