Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gina59
Resident

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby gina59 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 am

Our abogado charges us 30 euros each, no hassle, just a email every year to remind him . Well worth it. :)
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:58 am

Hi gina59,
A fair price..............last time I had a quote.......160euro............. :evil:

I trust he gives you a copy each year...........so its so easy now to fill in the form and if you come to Spain annually then paying in a bank is straight forward and you would have 60euro pocket money for your trip too.

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Emma-Louise
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Emma-Louise » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

HI,

Thanks for replying...

No we couldn't pay as the bank account details were wrong....

Do you think I can simply cross out the bank account part and put a 'x' in 'en effectivo' instead....and just go and pay it cash?

Thanks
Emma

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 am

Hi E-L,
As I posted previous........no need to put bank details on form if paying by cash.

I trust you saved your data so just generate an new Form (Import Data) and remove bank details before you validate.

You can use the English version of the Form they have setup............... :idea:
Form of payment put X in cash box

Emma-Louise
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Emma-Louise » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi,

I completed the form months and months ago.....not expecting the bank account to change....

So it has been completed and printed for ages just sitting in my office waiting to go and be paid this month..

Do you think I can cross out the bank details by hand and go and pay cash instead?

Thanks
Emma

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi E-L,
Just do a fresh one and remove the bank details before validating it.
Its a five minute job,...or less............

use link in FAQ's............import saved data, remove bank details, validate, print form, take to bank, with the amount in cash. Have form scanned at Bank.......hand over cash, bank will stamp form.........find a café and enjoy a Spanish coffee, Job done......... :D

Emma-Louise
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Emma-Louise » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Aha see thats what I wasn't sure if I could do or not.....if you think I can...then I'll go ahead and do that :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 am

Hi E-L,
You can generate as many of the Form 210 as you want the only one that will count is the one you take to the bank that gets scanned when you pay .

Over the years I've generated loads when testing Browsers and systems that will work with the Form .

You don't have to wait until December to pay....it can be done throughout the year.

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Enrique

Any thoughts on what to do about completed Modelo 210s for 2013 generated using a digital certificate that are in the AT archives (virtual) awaiting payment on 31st December 2014?

Un saludo

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 pm

hi nevillewillmott,

As you're a Path Finder on that one only time will tell, you can update us in the New Year......... :D

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Enrique

Must admit to getting curious as to how this will turn out

Anyway, thanks for your input over the past few weeks on this issue

Que tengas feliz navidad

DesWalker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DesWalker » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi there,

After asking so many questions in late November and receiving so many helpful replies I thought it only right to give an update and ask one final question :)

Well, I took my completed forms into my branch of Sabadell in the Canaries, told the teller that I had never done this before and asked him if he was familiar with it all. Happily he said he'd done it many times so I asked him whether or not he would print the set of computer generated digits onto my form in addition to stamping it (as Beachcomber had told me was necessary). He confirmed he would and asked me if I had my "barcodes" with me which I did (along with just about everything else I could think of :) ). I had previously noticed to my great relief that these barcodes contained the four letter code mentioned by Beachcomber which consists of the first three letters of my surname followed by a fourth letter.

The teller did the transaction, took my €6.24 in cash, did the necessary printing on my copies, stamped the forms and I was out of there inside five minutes. A great relief :D

So, many thanks to both Beachcomber and Enrique for their assistance and a happy Christmas to both.

Now for my final question ...

I used 1.1% rather than 2% to calculate my taxable base because my property was built in 2009. Now I read the discussion about this being a municipality thing and I wonder if I have used the right figure. My municipality is La Oliva in Fuerteventura which falls under Las Palmas in Gran Canaria. Do you guys know of a comprehensive list of revaluation dates for the whole of Spain ?

Finally, I have looked on my IBI bill and it says "Ult. Revision: 1994" which is unhelpfully right on the crossover date so I'm even more confused.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Des

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm glad everything went well.

I only have a list for municipalities in Andalucía although I assume there must be similar lists for other regions.

The law gives the pertinent date as 1st January 1994 so if your IBI receipt shows that the last revision was in 1994 the percentage applicable would be 1,1% as you have correctly determined.
Let's go Brandon!

DesWalker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DesWalker » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks Beachcomber. So it would appear that I fall just on the right side of the 1994 cut off which is a relief.

Your efforts on this website are absolutely awesome and I'm so pleased I found all this information which has not only saved me money but also made me much more comfortable owning a property in Spain. If a list of revaluation dates did exist for the whole of Spain then linking to it would make the whole site just about perfect :)

Oh, except that for some reason I couldn't get the 210 form to load on my Win7 machine even after downloading the associated application from the 210 website so had to move across to my Win8 machine which worked fine :) In future I'll just stick with this.

Finally, a friend of mine is sadly in a major dispute with a neighbour on a point of property law governed by the Spanish Law of Horizontal Division. Do you guys know of any place similar to this discussion forum where points of Spanish property law are being discussed in English as I would like to try and get a few unofficial answers for her ?

Rgds,

Des

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:57 pm

There is no national list they are compiled region by region and are difficult to track down.

Regarding the community question you will probably get a better response if you post this under the 'You and the law in Spain' topic giving brief details of the problem.

I haven't lived on a community for nearly twenty years and have gladly forgotten the rules and regulations that are utterly subjective and their arbitrary application.
Let's go Brandon!

lynndm
Tourist

Postby lynndm » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Many thanks Beachcomber for this extremely easy to follow guide which has enabled me to complete, yet again, mine and my husband's tax forms for the past year. I previously used a very helpful English company to do these on our behalf which we then submitted for payment to our Spanish bank, but I much prefer to do most things online myself and with your help, this onerous task has been made easy. Thank you so much and happy New Year to you!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Well, it looks like I've messed up my first attempt to submit Form 210. I was trying to pay the tax on rental income for Q4 of 2014.

My initial research told me I had until Jan. 20 to submit the form. But when I tried to submit it online yesterday (the 19th) using my digital certificate, I got the following error: domiciliacion fuera de plazo. Which I believe means it's out of date. Upon further reading of the instructions, I found that if you are submitting on-line, you must do it by the 15th.

So, what do I do now? I'm not in Spain and won't be back there until the summer. So I can't go to my bank and make the payment. I guess I'll try to make the payment in the summer. But will I need to do anything special to pay past the due date? I imagine there will be a penalty. How will I be notified of the penalty?

Thanks.
- Eric S.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 am

Do you have online banking iwith your Spanish account ? You may be able to make a payment through that if you know the amount & can find the tax office banking details. Some banks have a dedicated section for paying bills, including taxes, on their websites.
Hope this helps :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:27 am

I do have online banking with my Spanish account (BBVA). I just looked at it and although it does have a section for paying taxes, it appears to only be for income taxes, not the non-resident tax. Even if I could make a payment online, though. How would I submit the Form 210?

Thanks.
Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 pm

Sorry, I have to admit that we do not seem to have an answer for this. I think you will need to resolve this problem with your bank.
Let's go Brandon!