Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Trainman

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Trainman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments. Four 210 forms successfully completed and printed out, one for each of us for 2019 and 2020. It will be interesting to see what happens at the banks when we want to pay two years at the same time. We will let you know. Also we hope to get internet at our property during our lengthy visit so will attempt to get digital signatures following the process on this thread. Maybe next time we will be able to do it all on line!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm

I do the calculation of course, and get them to confirm my figures.

if you are getting someone else to do it, they are the cheapest and most honest ( Re Pamela1)

anyroads

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Dear Beachcamber / other Experts 21 09 19

I wonder in the form 210 (Non Resident Income Tax) for year 2021 " fiscal year 2020 " has any changes done for
the taxation rates with comparison to the year 2020" fiscal year 2019" which was 19% ??

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Best regards

Arya
Darjatrading

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi darjatrading,

Beachcomber posted 19th January 2021................

Beachcomber wrote: ↑Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 pm
I have tripled checked this by calling the AEAT helpline twice on different days and checking with a gestor with whom I have a good working relationship.

The rate for non-resident imputed tax being declared in 2021 for 2020 is 19%. In 2022 (assuming we make it to then) the rate for 2021 will be 24%.

The rate for actual rental income declared on a quarterly basis for 2021 is obviously 24% as is the non-resident fixed rate for capital gains tax"

" In 2022 (assuming we make it to then) the rate for 2021 will be 24%".............so many negative vibs....... :(

There is light at the end of the tunnel........ :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:25 pm

I was just doing my submission of form 210 for the 3rd period rental income. Looking at the previous submission, I realize that I put "1T" instead of "2T" on that submission. It was accepted without problem. Now I have 2 submissions for 1T and none for 2T.

I submit them online with a digital certificate. I went ahead and submitted the 3T one. But what do I do now to correct the incorrect one?

Thanks.
- Eric S.

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:11 pm

Dear Beachcamber / other Experts 21 10 02

I wonder to obtain a Digital Signature, is only possible to be in Spain and going to a Spanish authorisation office, or we can obtain
this Digital Signature in any EU country for example in Sweden, and then paying the non-resident tax (form 210) by our Swedish bank
to the Spanish Tax Authorities ?

Thanks in advance for your kind advice....

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 am

In the UK the identification procedure may be carried out in the Spanish consulate. You would need to check with the consulate in Sweden if it is possible to do it there. The rest of the procedure can be carried out online.

Obtaining the digital signature enables you, in theory, to submit and pay your non-resident taxes online but there can be a complication if you are identified by your bank with your passport number rather than your NIE number.

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:39 pm

ericsbcn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:25 pm I was just doing my submission of form 210 for the 3rd period rental income. Looking at the previous submission, I realize that I put "1T" instead of "2T" on that submission. It was accepted without problem. Now I have 2 submissions for 1T and none for 2T.

I submit them online with a digital certificate. I went ahead and submitted the 3T one. But what do I do now to correct the incorrect one?

Thanks.
- Eric S.
Did you not remind us to change the period for rental income after downloading the previous quarter's data!

Something similar happened to me when paying 'Renta Imputada'. While exploring the system for the first time I inadvertently paid three times for the same year. I had to make a visit in person to an office of Agencia Tributaria in Archidona or Antequera (memory failure on that point).

Decided to make a day out of it. Beautiful drive up from Almunecar, arranged a repayment of overpaid tax, but watch out, the speed cameras in those parts are predatory!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi darjatrading,

This maybe of interest.........heavy reading

Regarding your Form 210 payment from non-Spanish bank and no Digital Signature............

Some members have in the past Posted how they Paid via their UK Bank account...........

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&p=397543&hil ... nk#p397543

Following by Alex_

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&p=410085&hil ... nt#p410085

My site search " Form 210 payment "

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:47 pm

nevillewillmott wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:39 pm Did you not remind us to change the period for rental income after downloading the previous quarter's data!

Something similar happened to me when paying 'Renta Imputada'. While exploring the system for the first time I inadvertently paid three times for the same year. I had to make a visit in person to an office of Agencia Tributaria in Archidona or Antequera (memory failure on that point).

Decided to make a day out of it. Beautiful drive up from Almunecar, arranged a repayment of overpaid tax, but watch out, the speed cameras in those parts are predatory!
Ha! Yes. I forgot to do exactly that!

Unfortunately, we are not in Spain and won't be back until next summer. If I can't figure out how to do it online, I guess I'll just have to wait until then.

Thanks.
- Eric S.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi

I wonder whether someone can help me

When I try to validate the Model 210 form, the following error appears at the bottom

Code 6000
The Taxpayer's NIF cannot coincide with the Payer / Retainer / Issuer / Acquirer of the property Registry Nº 1

When I click the link "Go to error" it highlights the NIF box under the Heading "Payer / Retainer / Issuer / Acquirer of the property" where I have inserted my NIE number

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

Many thanks

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi rt21,
Are you using a Digital Signature to pay online........... if so Does your bank setup have NIE or Passport number.

Have you previously submitted a Form 210 successfully......... :?:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Are you trying to submit an annual non-resident tax return or submitting a capital gains tax declaration? The form is the same for both and you have to select the correct operation code from the Box 2 drop-down list.

If the former you have selected the wrong item from the Box 2 drop-down list. You need to select '2'.

If the latter it would appear that the person to whom the property has been sold is not registered with AEAT or the NIE number does not correspond to the name. It is the purchasers name and NIE that should be entered in that box not yours.

If you are paying actual income from a person renting your property using '1' from the drop down list it it is his name and NIE that should be entered in that box.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi Enrique

No I am not trying to use a Digital Signature to pay online

I have successfully submitted the 210 Form over the last 5 years but I must confess each time I have to refer to Beachcomber's notes as my memory is not what it used to be

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

thank you

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi rt21,

Did you Import the Data from last year and change the Date and any revision on the amount to pay :?:

I'll run through doing mine and see what happens.......... :idea:

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi

Just for clarification 1 I have inserted my NIE number and name in the top panel for the "Person performing the self assessment. 2 ticked the box as a taxpayer 3 I have inserted my NIE number in the first box and my passport number in the second box in the panel for Taxpayer 4 I have inserted my NIE number in the first box in the panel Payer / Retainer / Issuer / Acquirer of the property

Richard

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi Enrique

No I don't import the data from last year. I fill out the form completely each time

regards

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi rt21,

I've just run through ....... I Import data from last year and change Date and Rate to pay.

I think you have made a Typo.............check your details from last year's Form

When you get it working EXPORT your Data before leaving the Form.

Rereading your Post......Second box down Taxpayer, Have NIE, my UK Tax ID and UK address......... I do not have Passport number on Form :!:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:16 pm

You don't have to enter anything in the section 'Payer / Retainer / Issuer / Acquirer of the property' for the annual declaration. Just leave it blank. It is only used for declaration of actual rental income and CGT declaration.

Do not put your name or NIE in this section. This is why you are getting the error message.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi Enrique

I have just checked the information that I have inserted on this years form with validated forms from previous years and I have spotted a difference

On this year's form I inserted my NIE number, name and F status in the appropriate boxes in the panel headed "Payer/retainer/issuer/acquirer of the property. However in previous years it would appear that I left these boxes blank

I shall fill the form in again tomorrow leaving those boxes blank and see whether that makes a difference

Regards

Richard