Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alankeith

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby alankeith » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:15 pm

I am paying my non-resident tax (Form 210) via a bank transfer from a UK bank account but I wasn't sure what account name should be used for the Spanish Tax Agency (maybe it's AEAT?)

Account Name: ?
IBAN: ES7000491892642113304984
SWIFT: BSCHESMM

I know my Payment Identifier which I believe needs to be entered into the Reference field for the transfer (from my generated tax return form).

Thanks in anticipation,
Alan

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:11 am

Hi alankeith,
Welcome to The Forum.................. :D

The AEAT bank details were removed from the Form 210 earlier in the year.

Online filing of Form 210

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... o-210.html

From the above procedure.

"To deposit, where you will have to indicate a NRC proof of payment.The Full Reference Number (NRC for its initials in Spanish) is a 22-character code provided by banking institutions, and is used as proof of payment. It incorporates an encryption of the declarant's NIF, the amount, the form, the fiscal year and the period".
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:30 am

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully paid their Modelo210 taxes directly to AEAT from their Sabadell account or by a bank transfer from another account? I usually just print off the form to pay at the bank but I now have quarterly returns for my rental income to submit so I need to learn how to make the payments remotely as well.
Many thanks,
Mark

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:09 am

Hi ManilvaMark,

Check out your Bank (Sabadell) for option "paying taxes"......... go to Modelo 210/Form 210 and you should be able to obtain a NRC number to use on the online Form 210.

Have you a Digital Signature........ :?: ..will give you more options on Paying.

Search this Thread for paying Form 210 from a Foreign Bank account, should you want to go this way

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:10 pm

Hi Enrique,

Many thanks for your quick response as always, I thought the NRC is just a reference number/receipt produced by the bank after the payment has been made, ie it doesn't actually get added to the modelo210 online submission itself? Whenever I do mine and take it to my local Sabadell branch they give me a separate form with all the payment details and the 22 digit NRC number once they have made the payment.
I have only recently acquired a digital signature, but unfortunately haven't yet mastered how to navigate my way around it very successfully just yet!!

Cheers,
Mark

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:09 pm

After a bit more digging I think I've sussed out how to pay directly from my Sabadell account. Does anyone know how to link the resulting NRC reference using my digital signature?
Thanks.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi ManilvaMark,

The way............
Get NRC from your Spanish bank (you will have put in what you are going to Pay on the Form 210).........pull up the Form 210 with Digital Signature and when you get to the Payment section it will give you the option to input the above NRC number so tying the Bank Payment to the Form 210.

There are loads of Examples in this Thread.

Have a Play........ load up Form 210 with your Digital Signature, Import your Data ( you did save it !) and proceed to Deposit and there you will see option to Add NRC number............. abort now and this will give you the way to go for the Real submission...... :idea:

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:54 pm

Thanks again Enrique,

So, make the payment first then generate the Modelo 210 and add the resultant NRC reference in as you outlined above? I was hung up on submitting the form first, then making the bank payment presumably using the Modelo 210's 250.......... reference number somewhere within the banks link to 'Pay Taxes'.
I just tried going through the Sabadell process, but at no stage does it ask for the 210 reference number just the tax period and NIE.

Cheers.

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:34 pm

Had a play with it as suggested, and underneath the 'Add NRC number' field are two 'buttons',

Complete Payment (obtain NRC)
Read file complete reference number (NRC)

I suspect you select the 'Complete Payment' option before 'sign and send', is that right?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:13 pm

Hi,
Guess you will have completed the procedure by now.
So how did you finish off............ :?: ............will be useful for other Members as we go through the year.

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:17 pm

No, I held off from completing it as I wasn't 100% confident on whether to select either of the two buttons I mentioned underneath the 'Add NRC field', does anyone know?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:37 pm

Hi ManilvaMark,

I'm suprised the Form did'nt timeout................

Don't forget to Export your Data before doing the following.

I'd click ............Complete payment (obtain NRC) enter your NRC Number

Then click ............Read file Complete Reference Number (NRC)

Click .......Sign and Send

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:53 am

Thanks again, I'll report back.

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Changes in Modelo 210 for 2022 returns, for "Payments from a Foreign Bank" - Tested January 2023

I submit my Modelo 210 online and make a payent online from a foreign bank transfer, so I don’t think this option has been discussed re the recent changes to the Modelo 210 form since spring 2022.

I usually do 2 submissions, the first in English, the second in Spanish, so I can keep a copy of the forms in both languages.
The instructions here are just for the form in English.
I have a digital certificate so that I can pay from a foreign bank. Last year I paid in Feb 2022 so I didn’t have any of the problems when changes came in the spring of 2022. I paid in Euro’s from my Euro account with Starling Bank.

I always save my data from the previous tax year, so I only need to change the current year and accrual date and check the tax rate and amount due.

I had no problem using link https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

The import and export of data into your form seems to be working ok now.
1) If you saved the data from your 2021 return, then import it using the Import button at the bottom and right of the main page.
2) There was a spurious error message after import but before validation, but when I validated the form, it removed the error message.
3) Press the Validate Statement button at the bottom of the page.
4) If there are no errors then press “Select Deposit/ Refund”. The “Formalize Deposit/Return” window opens.
5) You have the option to select “To Deposit” or “To be paid by a foreign bank transfer”
Foreign Bank Transfer.jpg
6) Select “to be paid by a foreign bank transfer”. Then enter the first 8 chars of IBAN of the account you will be paying from, 4 in each box.
7) You can now export your data for this year’s tax return to save for next year. Export button is bottom left
7b) You need to click on “I accept the payment by transfer conditions”
9) When you “Generate preliminary Tax return” it creates the 6 page pdf, which you can save to your computer. The notes on page 3 are important. They include the new payment instructions, new IBAN and SWIFT numbers and the data for additional fields to enter into your payment. The paper Modelo 210 form is on pages 4-6.

10) Payment Instructions form the PDF form on Page 3:
At the top of page 3 you have the following text and information:
Número de justificante: eg: 12345678911235
Order a bank transfer for the amount of : eg 999,99 , in euros, to the following
bank account held by the Spanish Tax Agency:
• IBAN: ES7000491892642113304984
• SWIFT: BSCHESMM
When ordering the transfer, you must indicate:
• In the “Item” field, the following PAYMENT IDENTIFIER : eg A9999999A (eg your NIE/NIF)

The validity of the payment identifier will expire thirty calendar days, from date of issue

Remaining Issues

11) PAYEE FIELD. In my last 210 return in Feb 2022, in addition to the “ITEM” field there was the BENEFICIARY or PAYEE field to enter, which used to be in the form of the Número de justificante concatenated with – AEAT eg 12345678911235-AEAT.
For 2023 there now appears to be no payee info! I am pretty sure will be a problem if you are paying by a Foreign Bank Transfer. Certainly in the UK you need to provide a Payee. Ok maybe in Spain the payee is irrelevant and they just use the IBAN, but when I had a CAIXA account, a payee was always required. Last year I paid from Starling in the UK, and there was no problem having the payee in the format above eg 12345678911235-AEAT, so logically if they are dropping the requirement to provide it, then there may not be a problem with still using it for foreign bank purposes. Previously they would have probably just paid into the IBAN and ignored the payee anyway.

12) ITEM FIELD. In addition, the ITEM field used to be a concatenated string of data including the following: your NIE/NIF||210||YY||First 3 chars of surame||F||Period(OA) eg A9999999A21021SLAFOA
The Item field is now just your NIE/NIF number eg A9999999A.
I assume because they now have a new dedicated IBAN for transfers from a foreign Bank for Modelo210, that they can now identify the payments purely from you NIE/NIF numbers and no longer need all the other identifiers.

13) The final point, you must make you payment within 30 days of completing the Modelo 210 form online, otherwise your 210 form is deleted and you have to re-enter it.

So I haven’t made the payment yet, I was looking for confirmation about point 11 above, eg what to do about the payee field. Can I just use the old format of Número de justificante concatenated with – AEAT as the payee?
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by slapdash on Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:22 pm

Deleted

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:50 pm

Hi slapdash,
Thank for your very detailed Post...........

"So I haven’t made the payment yet, I was looking for confirmation about point 11" ..........only by giving AEAT a phone.

"For 2023 there now appears to be no payee info! "..........so move on and click pay

Like any software procedure if you input wrong info or leave wanted info out the program will get back to with an error code or statement.

I had a run though as far as I could with out committing . so go for it, worst case the receiving Bank will reject payment and return it to your account.

Let us know how you get on.............thank you.

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:12 pm

Dear Beachcamber / other Experts 23 01 31

Wishing all a happy new year 2023.

I wonder in form 210 (Non-Resident Income Tax) for the year 2023 "the fiscal year 2022 "have any changes done to the taxation rates
in comparison to the year 2022," the fiscal year 2021" which was 19% for EU countries residents?

Appreciate your valuable comments and updatings for the form 210.

Best regards

Darjatrading

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi darjatrading,

The rate for 2022 is 24%

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:18 pm

Enrique wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:21 pm Hi darjatrading,

The rate for 2022 is 24%
As well as the 24% was there not a 2% in the formula also. Is this still good ?

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:05 pm

Hi anyroads,
1.1% or 2% .........depends when the Council did its last revision ........ 10 years is the cut off

so in Example below using Lebrija in Sevilla revision 2001 so it's 2% ...Partial Revisions don't count

Using the following link

https://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp