Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
simplesimon

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby simplesimon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Following the introduction of on line completion of form 210, I have used Beachcomber’s great instructions and the subsequent discussion thread to complete our family’s Spanish tax return.
Last year, after some trial and error, I successfully completed five tax returns using Windows 7 and IE 9, saving us €200.
This year, I thought it would be plain sailing as I had saved last year’s returns and only had to change the date and tax rate etc.
As I should have known, things are never that simple!
I imported the file, made the changes and tried to Validate and generate PDF.
The message at the top of the input screen said
Warning: file saved correctly in c:\aeat\210\X1234567Y_2013_0A.210
It would not however display the PDF

I have also tried both Firefox and Pale Moon and made all the changes that were needed for them to function but can only get the last page to display.

After nearly two full days of frustration, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Yours in desperation
simplesimon

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi simplesimon,
Palemoon...I found I had to download version 12.3 (was using this version last year successfully ) and do the form 210 , once it works you can update to the latest version and it still works..
I've tried it with latest version 15.4.1 (clean install) and it didn't work.

http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

Not much help with your IE9....just tried it on mine and it works.........try playing around with the Security settings..... backing them down a notch.........

IE9, Windows 7 SP1
I imported the data, validated.........it wanted to save the file........already got one so cancelled and the .pdf form came up and I could save it or print it. :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

I have used the latest version of Pale Moon successfully. I have printed out some returns for friends and I imported last year's declarations and changed the dates and tax rate as simplesimon described.

The only anomaly I have detected in your description of events is the filename which you show as:

c:\aeat\210\X1234567Y_2013_0A.210

It should be:

c:\aeat\210\X1234567Y_2012_0A.210

Did you change the date under both 'Ejercicio de devengo' and 'Fecha de devengo'?

Did you get any kind of error message when the PDF failed to open or did it just not happen?
Let's go Brandon!

simplesimon

Postby simplesimon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Enrique and Beachcomber
Many thanks for your speedy responses.
Firstly, eagle eye Beachcomber spotted that the filename I had quoted included 2013 and should have been 2012. This was a typo on my part, it was 2012.
And yes, I did change the date under both 'Ejercicio de devengo' and 'Fecha de devengo'
Where the error messages are displayed, it said “Warning: file saved correctly in c:\aeat\210\X1234567Y_2012_0A.210”
That was as far as it went and did not display the PDF.
I even tried disabling my security settings but with the same result
HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You both extolled the virtues of Palemoon V12.3 so I installed it (thanks for the link Enrique), made the change to the settings and it worked first time – brilliant!!
Many thanks to you both.
When I can buck up the courage, I will try to get a digital signature and pay online, so we may communicate again soon. :lol:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi simplesimon,
Many thanks for your feedback , good to hear you have completed the first exercise.... :D

You can do the Form 210 in English............. 8)

samaga
Tourist

Postby samaga » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks a million Beachcomber for your invaluable help with filling Modelo 210 online, I followed your instructions to the letter. I used Google Chrome if anyone is interested and didn't have any problems (no configuration programs) just 1 error message because I filled my NIE in incorrectly (nearly died at the sight of that error message as I thought here goes!). The second form I completed for my partner went through perfectly. I can breath a sigh of relief now until next year. Good luck everyone with your endeavours and thanks for all the fantastic information given. Regards, Samaga.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

To anyone using Pale Moon for this purpose, do not upgrade to version 19. It does not work!
Let's go Brandon!

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi all,

I have tried running the configurator and it didn't work for me. I am using IE8 and have Windows 7 Professional, SP 1. Can anyone give me the idiot's guide to what I may be doing wrong or what I can do to put it right.

I get the usual error message "EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0115" :evil:

I previously used the old form 210 without any issue.
I'm nervous about trying other browsers in case I change settings on the PC (as it's not strictly-speaking my PC).

Thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi Red Dragon,
Stop faffing about and install a copy of Palemoon 12.3, it will not change any settings on your borrowed PC, and you can uninstall it after you complete the Form 210 .

http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

palemoon-12.3-installer.exe for 32bit Windows 7 SP1

Do the about:config as per FAQ's for Firefox and you're good to go.

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Cracked it...thanks! :clap:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Red Dragon,
You could have at least told us what you did to crack it.......... :thumbup:

Had to smile at this............
"I'm nervous about trying other browsers in case I change settings on the PC"

and YET you ran...... "The Configurator" ....who knows what that does........... :shock:

Good to hear you sorted it the end........ :D

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Palemoon advice did it thanks - and PC still functioning normally, phew . Taken the configurator off :shh:

xvdbe
Tourist

Postby xvdbe » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 am

I posted this message on march 7, under the general topic of "You & the Law in Spain" without realizing that there was a specific topic for questions relating to Form 210. I do hope to be more Lucky this time!

Form 210 - refund - aeat error message

Postby xvdbe on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Hello, I hope someone can help. I filled a 210 but, for the first time, with a refund result, and got the following error message, which I can't sort out:

"Pagina 01: Error en liquidacion. Resultado de la autoliquidacion (28) - (29) mas - (30)[31]- Campo incorrecto".

Relevant entries:
Devengo
- Agrupacion - checked
- Periodo - 0A- anual - entered
- ejercicio de devengo - 2012 entered
- Fecha de devengo - left blank
Determinacion de la base imponible
- (05) - Rendimientos integros - entered rent amount
- (06) - Exencion - entered zeros
- (07) - Gastos deducibles - entered amount (higher than (05)
- (08) - Base imponible - entered the negative result of (05) minus (07)
Liquidacion
- (19 & 20) - Both boxes left unchecked

- (21) - Tipo de gravamen - 24,75 entered
- (22) - Cuota integra - entered a ZERO
(as per 210 Instructions - " Cuando la cuentia reflejeda en base imponible (8) sea negativa, se consignara un cero en cuota integra (22)"
- (23) - Deduccion por donativos - zeros entered
- (24) - cuota ley - zeros entered
- (25/26/27) - zeros entered
- (28) - Cuota integra reducida (24)-(27) - zeros entered
- (29/30) - zeros entered
- (31) - Resultado de la autoliquidacion (28)-(29)+/- (30) - Entered the negative amount from box (08)
(210 Instructions - "en el caso de que resultara una cantidad a devolver, se consignara precedida del signo menos (-).)

Having been instructed to enter a zero in box 22 Cuota integra when the result in base imponible (8) is negative, I don't see how to solve the error reported.

I would be grateful for any help!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am

Are you trying to declare for imputed income tax on your property, actual rental income or some other kind of non-resident tax? Which option are you entering in Box 2 (Renta obtenida - Tipo Renta)
Let's go Brandon!

xvdbe
Tourist

Postby xvdbe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Thank you for your quick reply!
My Status : non-resident - filing for income from rented real estate. In 2012, the legitimate, deductible expenses were higher that the income, hence a negative tax return (refund) situation.

Box 2 = "01 Rendimientos de inmuebles arrendados o subarrendados" selected

"Persona que realiza la autoliquidacion" = "Contribuyente" selected

Sorry! Hope this help.

xvdbe
Tourist

Postby xvdbe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

TO: Beachcomber

I should have mentioned that, before posting on the Andalucia site, I contacted [email protected] per email with the same content, translated into Spanish with Google, and got the following answer:

"Actualmente no existe ningun error en la validacion del modelo por lo que, aparentemente, parece tratarse de un error en la cumplimentacion y en el calculo del resultado de la autoliquidacion. En este caso, le recomendamos que contacte con Informacion Tributaria en el 901 33 55 33 para trasladar su duda o consulte diractamente con su Administracion o Delegacion."

I called the number given, but if one is not fluent in Spanish (which I am not), they don't make any effort to speak slower with foreigners and only accept to discuss your problem over the Phone. No e-mail. As I am not in Spain for the time being, I can't try my luck with the local AEAT Office.

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Last 2 years I just used the online form http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... od210e.pdf
and printed off - - - a ten minute job - - -I don't quite understand why everyone is losing sleep over the electronic update? I fully intend to do the same later this year. :?:
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Bob

I'm only a novice at all this, but when I printed the Form 210 last November and tried to pay as in previous years at the Bank, they could not take the payment, because the automatically generated reference number on the Form was wrong - beginning with 26.... rather than the now required 25.... or was it the other way round? Anyway, that's why I had to use the new system

Hope this helps, but if not hopefully one of experts will put us both right

Vincent

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

I used it and paid at the bank no problem last Sep. And the form is still readily available online. Strange eh? As long as the bank stamp my copy and send theirs to the tax office I'm happy. Mind you every year when I go to pay in, the bank clerk looks at the form then at me as if I was trying to pay in a couple of carrots! He always has to go and check with the manager. :crazy:
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm

The bank should not accept the old form 210 unless it is for back payment of taxes prior to 2011 and I understand from AEAT that, even if they do, the payment will not be recognised by their IT system. Xvdbe is trying to submit the form in respect of actual rental income and the old 210 was never used for this purpose anyway.

XVdbe, I have no experience of submitting forms for actual rental income as I do this for myself on my annual resident tax return and only do imputed income tax declarations for friends who do not have the wherewithal to do it for themselves. I think there are a couple of members who submit actual rental returns as non-residents so they may be able to help.

I do not think you can show a minus figure as a taxable base so assuming you are doing everything else correctly my inclination is that box 8 and, therefore, box 22 and those carried forward from it should show 0.

One other point is that unless you are declaring actual rental income for 365 days of the year you should also submit a declaration for imputed tax pro rata to the days on which it is not let.

It may be helpful to you to go to your local tax office and seek help on a face to face basis. This is much easier than trying to do it on the telephone.
Let's go Brandon!