Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi ellens,
You should have got a screen like Beachcomber's post above..............

For Filter read Search

Use the search for signed and change as per FAQ's

signed.applets.codebase_principal_support...... user set..... boolean..... false

Double click this entry so that 'false' changes to 'true'
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ellens
Tourist

Postby ellens » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you. I have filled in 2 sets of forms & printed them. Do I have to write NIE numbers on all of the forms? If I do whereabouts do I write them.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

You just need to write the NIE numbers on the second and third forms (DOCUMENTO DE INGRESO O DEVOLUCIÓN). It should be printed on the first one. Don't forget to make a note of your 'anagramas' (the four letter code printed on your sticky labels) and take them with you in case the bar code doesn't work.

Enrique, yes, the 'Filter' box is now called 'Search'. I didn't notice that it had changed. I shall change the information in the FAQ.
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi
It's me again. I e-mailed all my info to my son-in -law who is still wading through it plus reading this forum etc. Knowing he is at work today I thought I would have one more attempt at producing the PDF although I have done nothing different to the last time I tried . I can't believe it - it's a miracle. I now have my PDF copies of the 210. I don't know how it happened but I don't care as long as I've got those pieces of orange paper. Many thanks for all your help. Will now gladly pay my taxes !!
David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Congratulations. :clap:

I know I only said this in my post before yours but don't forget to either take a note of your anagramas with you in case the bar code doesn't work in the bank.
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Couldn't find an anagrama so was proposing to take an etiquetta for each form. Hope this is OK. If not do I have to go back and do it all again/ Hope not.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

The anagrama is shown on the label. If Stuart is your real surname it will be STU ? where ? is a control letter.
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes the first 3 letters of our surnames are shown on the etiquettas (labels)and I've got loads of them so should last me a few years. Thanks again - I couldn't have done my tax calculations over the years without your help. David

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Help please!
When I click Validate and Generate the PDF I keep getting Campo incorrecto for the amount I 'think'
I should be paying.
I've redone my sums but I keep getting the same amount.
Would some kind person please tell me what they calculate the amount to be that I should be paying.
The Valor Catastral is 81082.57

I'm coming out to Spain next week and I thought I'd do this now. Just as well - I've been trying for about 3 hours so far :roll:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Box 4 - 891,91
Box 21 - 24,00
Box 22 - 214,06
Box 24 - 214,06
Box 28 - 214,06
Box 31 - 214,06

This is assuming that your valor catastral has been revised since 1994 (Mijas Costa has been). The values (except box 21) should be halved if you are making two separate declarations as husband and wife.

Which 'campo' does it say is incorrect?
Let's go Brandon!

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh Beachcomber, you've come to my rescue again :clap:

It was Box 4 causing the problem - I had put the whole amount in.
Plonker that I am - I didn't check that :oops:
I thought it must have been my calculations but pleased to say at least I had got them right.

Thanks again Beach :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 pm

:thumbup:
Let's go Brandon!

ianandpat

form 210 - multiple owners of holiday home

Postby ianandpat » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi. New to site so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.
A quick query with form 210. Holiday home(never rented out) jointly owned by us and our 3 adult children. We want to pay all 5 tax amounts whilst we(mum and dad) are here in Spain at moment. Adult children are not here. With beachcomber's excellent online guide we have successfully validated and generated our 2 forms and printed them off to take to bank. CAN we do same for the children's forms and sign and pay on their behalf? Do we have to say we are their representativesand alter any other fields other than the obvious NIE numbers/names etc.?
We're getting a bit confused with the first few boxes on the form 'jointly and severally responsible' etc. For our forms we simply put the individual NIEand name in the first bit and ticked S for taxpayer. Now wondering if that was right!
We realise the tax office just want their money first and foremost so might not be too fussy with the forms but we want to try and do it right.
For the past few years the solicitor did everything but we decided to go it alone last year.
Any help greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Just do the forms for your children in the same way as you have for yourselves, ie. identify them as the 'taxpayer' and put a 'squiggle' for their signature. The English version of the form is very badly translated and is quite confusing. If you say you are their representative AEAT will have to ask for authorisation forms and even, maybe, a power of attorney when all they really want is the money.

The forms don't even go to AEAT now although the bank is obliged (supposed) to keep them for reference in the very rare event of an inspection. They just get an electronic communication from the bank with your basic details and the amount paid.

Don't forget, if there are five joint owners, the base amount is divided by five.
Let's go Brandon!

ianandpat

Postby ianandpat » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Thank you beachcomber. Have remembered to divide by 5. Can now pay this tax for us all and put it to rest... for another year at least.
SOooooo pleased to have found your site. invaluable!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Glad to be of help. Just to remind you and others who do not already know that the tax percentage (Box 21) increases from 24% to 24,75% in 2013 for declarations for the fiscal year of 2012.
Let's go Brandon!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 pm

"The forms don't even go to AEAT now although the bank is obliged (supposed) to keep them for reference in the very rare event of an inspection. They just get an electronic communication from the bank with your basic details and the amount paid"

This is true. I paid 2011 years tax last week, and was still not sure if the bank sent a copy of "their copy" to the tax people.

Below is the reply I got from La Caixa earlier today.

"No tiene que entregar esa copia en la oficina de impuestos"

anyroads

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 pm

They are telling you that you do not have to present a copy of the form to AEAT.

The most important aspect of all this is that your copy is either endorsed with the computer generated line of figures and letters (mecanización) across the form or an old fashioned bank rubber stamp showing the date of payment. This is your proof that the tax has been paid. What the bank and AEAT do with the forms is up to them and is something over which the tax payer has no control.

The IT systems of some banks will only allow the 'mecanización' process to be generated once and this has to be printed on the bank copy of the form. This is why they have to revert to the rubber stamp to endorse the other copies.
Let's go Brandon!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

Well,

In any case it has been paid for another year.

I am wondering how many "Non Residents" even know about this tax (as up to now, no one appears to be chasing for it ), or if they do know, do not bother paying it on account of the perceived hassle involved.

anyroads

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:44 am

anyroads wrote:...or if they do know, do not bother paying it...
That may not be the case for much longer:

Let's go Brandon!