Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 am

If you were able to complete the 210 then you are registered with AEAT. If you were not registered you would have received an error message.

If you have a receipt from the bank showing that you have paid and the money has been deducted from your account make sure you keep copies of everything and do nothing more.

If you subsequently receive a query from AEAT you can produce all the documents with proof of payment. Any administrative error is the responsibility of the bank. As far as you are concerned you have paid.

When you generate the form it is recorded in the AEAT IT system. When you pay at the bank the payment is automatically linked to the declaration. You don't need to send anything anywhere.

The record of the payment should show on the link given by Enrique but this can take some time to appear, sometimes never. As long as you have a receipted copy of the form and proof of payment that is all you need.

The next time you prepare the tax return use your digital signature from the start. There is a particular form for this. It is exactly the same but you access it with your digital signature. The form is automatically linked to your bank account and the payment is made. However, this will only work if your bank account was originally opened with your NIE number rather than your passport number.
Let's go Brandon!

trcrod
Tourist

Postby trcrod » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Hello again and thanks for a couple of helpful responses.

I've found how to create another form for payment from a UK bank (I think I did this incorrectly last time). I made a payment a couple of days ago (just testing with a few euros from my UK Euro account). The payment hasn't been returned this time but my full amount owed is still showing as a debt on the tax website (I found where to check this).

Q. Can anyone advise how long a payment might take to show as reducing my debt?

Alternatively, I have also seen how to create a form stating payment in cash (ie, just don't give an IBAN).

Q. Can I pay in ANY bank branch even though I don't have an account (I'm hoping to be out there over Christmas)?
Q. Do I actually have to pay in CASH or will they accept a UK creditcard or other form of payment?

Thanks again for helping...finding my way around the tax website great now but the payment is still a concern :(

I asked my agent and unfortunately they only seem to offer a form and payment service not just a payment service.

Thanks,
Chris.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi trcrod,
"The payment hasn't been returned this time but my full amount owed is still showing as a debt on the tax website (I found where to check this). "

Which section on the AEAT site did you find this link :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

trcrod
Tourist

Postby trcrod » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi Enrique,
See here: https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml
select 'Paying, deferring and consulting debts'
select 'Debt Query'
then I chose 'Access certified or ELECTRONIC ID CARD' my NIE was filled in, I clicked 'To Accept' and arrived at a Debt Ratio page which seems to show what I owe as being the calculated tax on form 210.

Hope that helps.

Any help with how I can make payment from the UK still appreciated.
- Struggling to see a Spanish bank that I can easily open online (without an NIE card, but I do have an NIE number on paper).
- No evidence that the 'test' 6 euro payment I sent has arrived against my debt as above.
- Not clear how I can make payment IF I can come over and get into a Spanish bank (this may not be possible given current covid situation and depends whether I can pay in ANY bank even without an account).
-m Alternatively if anyone can recommend an agent who would be able to make payment on my behalf (I've asked my current agent, Spanish Tax Forms, and seems they don't do 'payment only' service).

Thanks all,
Chris.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi trcrod,

Many thanks for the info..........
Not clear how I can make payment IF I can come over and get into a Spanish bank
I have in the past rolled up to a Bank with Cash and Paid..........it may still work .

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 pm

The possibility of actually paying in a bank varies not just from bank to bank but from branch to branch. If one will not let you do it try another. Unicaja has the facility to pay by cash machine. It does not endorse the form but you get a separate proof of payment slip. You do not need to have an account at the bank to do this. Other banks may have the same facility.

It is very unlikely that you will be able to open a Spanish bank account without visiting a branch. In order to do so you may need copies of UK tax returns, P60 etc. It is best to scan as much as you can into your phone.

Your efforts to get to Spain may well be thwarted by the recent release of the latest covid variant.
Let's go Brandon!

trcrod
Tourist

Postby trcrod » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:31 pm

Comments appreciated...maybe not the answers I wanted but at least I'm much clearer on my options. Thanks again :)

erowland

Postby erowland » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi I have completed Modelo 210. I do not have a digital certificate. Yesterday I paid half of the tax in respect of my contribution (joint owners) through my Irish Euro account. I downloaded the completed forms to my computer.
Today I completed Modelo 210 in respect of my wife's contribution and used a Spanish bank in Spain to pay the tax. Alas the screen timed out after I had completed the exercise but before I had downloaded the completed form to my computer.
How can I check that I have in fact successfully paid the tax. So far neither amounts have been taken from my accounts.
How can I access the Form 210 which I did not download this morning

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi erowland,
I can confirm that there is a 10 minute session timeout on the Form 210.

Where exactly did you get up to.....did you have the Instructions and the Form pages up on your screen as it timed-out :?: .......

If so there is no way to view/download the Form.

Did you not EXPORT your Data :?: ..........had you done that you could have pulled up a New form, Imported and changed your Payment method to CASH, remove your Bank details and gone through and Printed copies off for your Records.

It can take some time to Register on your Bank account.....just keep checking....... :idea:

Other Members may have some indication of the time scale doing it your way............

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:00 pm

The timescale for payment depends on whether you opt to pay it on the last day of the year or to pay immediately.
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm

It's got to be said.....Why do some people leave it to the last minute to fill-in the forms and put themselves under pressure?
You have either 6 months or 12 months in advance to do this.
My advice is to get yourself a Spanish bank account with online facilities and an electronic signature....it is not difficult to do.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:08 pm

And best to use direct payment rather than domiciliación then you can see immediately whether it has worked.
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 pm

Yes! I go online and obtain my NRC number by paying the correct Modelo 210 tax through my Spanish bank.
Then I enter the electronic portal on the AEAT website.
Enter all the necessary details on the Modelo 210 form, including the NRC number obtained from my bank.
Validate it then send.
Return to the home page on the AEAT website and click on "My Files" (in English).
Confirmation of the NRC payment and copies of the completed Modelo 210 form will be found.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:47 am

Hi,

Some info in case you missed it..............

The Tax Agency's new E-Office

Please note that the websiteswww.agenciatributaria.es and www.agenciatributaria.gob.es were shut down on 13 December and have been replaced in their entirety by the Tax Agency's new E-Office, located at sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es.

For information on this new site’s structure and how to navigate it, click on the following link:"E-Office structure and navigation". This page will show you how the website is structured, how to navigate through it, and how to locate the information you need and/or the procedures you wish to carry out.

You can also navigate via the top menu, use the search engine or visit the homepage.

The real deal.............

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... nicio.html

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:03 pm

pengwynne wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm It's got to be said.....Why do some people leave it to the last minute to fill-in the forms and put themselves under pressure?
You have either 6 months or 12 months in advance to do this.
My advice is to get yourself a Spanish bank account with online facilities and an electronic signature....it is not difficult to do.
:x

A. The deadline for payment of non-resident tax is 31st December. :!:

B. We have had a Spanish bank account with online facilities for the past 10 years and we use it to pay all our bills online, including IBI, Basura, electricity and community fees.

:roll:

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:20 pm

A reply to elizabennett:

Regarding subject (A). If you own 2 properties or more, with separate deeds, this includes a garage or storeroom etc., the deadline payment for all properties is the end of June, unless this has changed recently without me knowing.

Regarding subject (B). What's this got to do with Non-resident income tax??

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:22 pm

elizabennett wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:03 pm
pengwynne wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm "My advice is to get yourself a Spanish bank account with online facilities and an electronic signature....it is not difficult to do."

B. We have had a Spanish bank account with online facilities for the past 10 years and we use it to pay all our bills online, including IBI, Basura, electricity and community fees.

:roll:
You "advise" me to "a Spanish bank account with online facilities and an electronic signature" - I already have an account with an electronic signature. My advice to you is not to make assumptions and patronise people on the forum.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:35 pm

You do not seem to grasp what I am saying. The best way to pay the Non-resident income tax is to submit the 210 form by electronic means. This has nothing to do with "patronising people".

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 pm

Enrique wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:47 am Hi,

Some info in case you missed it..............

The Tax Agency's new E-Office

Please note that the websiteswww.agenciatributaria.es and www.agenciatributaria.gob.es were shut down on 13 December and have been replaced in their entirety by the Tax Agency's new E-Office, located at sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es.

For information on this new site’s structure and how to navigate it, click on the following link:"E-Office structure and navigation". This page will show you how the website is structured, how to navigate through it, and how to locate the information you need and/or the procedures you wish to carry out.

You can also navigate via the top menu, use the search engine or visit the homepage.

The real deal.............

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... nicio.html
When they first activated the new website, you could still access the old site via a link near the bottom of the main page. But I guess that was just during the "transition period". It seems to be gone now.

It looks like you can still use www.agenciatributaria.es, and it will re-redirect you to the new site. I don't know how long that will last.

Enrique - I don't see the link:"E-Office structure and navigation". Where is that?

Thanks.
- Eric S.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:53 pm

ericsbcn wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 pm
When they first activated the new website, you could still access the old site via a link near the bottom of the main page. But I guess that was just during the "transition period". It seems to be gone now.

It looks like you can still use www.agenciatributaria.es, and it will re-redirect you to the new site. I don't know how long that will last.

Enrique - I don't see the link:"E-Office structure and navigation". Where is that?

Thanks.
- Eric S.
I found the structure and navigation page:

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... onica.html

- Eric S.