Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi rt21,

Beachcomber has posted the correct answer..........."Payer/Withholder/Issuer/ Property purchaser" ........is left Blank

I use the link Posted in the FAQ' and use the English Form.

Beachcomber's FAQ "Non-resident imputed income tax - Form 210 (2018 and subsequent)" .........is the definitive source on Form 210

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

You will succeed tomorrow.....Export your DATA..........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi

I would just like to thank Enrique and Beachcomber for helping me sort out the problem that I had when filling out my form

I have successfully validated it

many thanks

Richard

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:29 pm

In case anyone is interested about paying non-resident tax from a non-Spanish bank account (I asked a question about it earlier this year) - I was able to do it successfully. I did the form 210 and foregin payment in Feb 2021, and at the followign link can finally see a document that confirms that AEAT successfully linked my payment to my form 210 and completed the presentation of the declaration.:

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... cn00c.html

It took almost 8 month - I sent a payment in Feb 2021, and the date of presentation of the declaration is end of Sep 2021.

Hope it helps!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:45 pm

ericsbcn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:25 pm I was just doing my submission of form 210 for the 3rd period rental income. Looking at the previous submission, I realize that I put "1T" instead of "2T" on that submission. It was accepted without problem. Now I have 2 submissions for 1T and none for 2T.

I submit them online with a digital certificate. I went ahead and submitted the 3T one. But what do I do now to correct the incorrect one?

Thanks.
- Eric S.
In the end, I called AEAT. The guy told me I need to send in a request to rectify the earlier submission (Rectificación de autoliquidaciones de Gestión Tributaria). He guided me to the right place on the AEAT website.

I submitted the form. We'll see what happens. I'm not sure how to check on the status of the request. I guess I'll get some kind of notification.

philip_holmes_uk

Postby philip_holmes_uk » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Here is my first post - be kind !

I have paid gestores y lawyers to do my taxes for 15 years for our holiday home in Andalucía. And now semi retired I have the time to do this myself. And read and reread all the super useful advice, yet after validating the submission, the next screen prompted deposit, after which the error message arose saying the “the filer does not exist”. Which seems bizarre as I have a fist full of submissions from previous years.
Many thanks Philip

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi philip_holmes_uk,

Welcome to the site...........

Are you just wanting to print off the form 210 and Pay in a Bank...... :?:

If so you just ignore the error and click on bottom right hand box.......I'll run though this tomorrow and give you precise details.

You also need to Export your Data..............meanwhile check your current Form data with last years one...apart from change of Date and any rate changes it should be the same .....Address etc

philip_holmes_uk

Postby philip_holmes_uk » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi Enrique, many thanks for your reply. I was hoping to get a friend to go pay at the bank and yes save to pdf and go from there.
Many thanks as all help appreciated, I am focussed on making our own submissions after all this time !! Stay safe, Philip

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi,
When you get the Form up and ready to Print i.e pages 1-5 ,down load it before pressing Print tab incase your printer doesn't correctly print it,

Using Foxit Reader pages 4 and 5 miss the bottom Sign Box, but using Adobe Reader it will work OK. this maybe just my "setup" /Printer.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:34 am

Hi philip_holmes_uk,

One I created for test this morning............just for you.

"Validate" then "Select Deposit Return "

"Export" ...............this will down load your data save to your AEAT Folder.......create one if you don't have one .
Capture.PNG
"Generate preliminary tax return"
Warning_Capture.PNG
"Continue"
Form 210 with 1-5 Pages pops up

Download ...................save to your AEAT Folder

"Print" ........................................check that pages 3-5 have the Bottom line printed correctly.

Sign ,Date and write your NIE

Take to Bank and Pay

When you're next over obtain a Digital Signature..............for access to your various Tax sites /Records.

The FAQ on the subject makes it seem difficult...........it's not ..Gerry rapped up one in a couple of hours of filling in his Form.

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:41 pm

I am now looking to complete my NRT for 2020. I have done this for several years, I have completed the 210 form in the past and sent this to a friend in Spain who then pays it via funds I forward to him at a Spanish bank, I do not have a digital signature. Is the procedure the same it has been in previous years? Am I right in thinking there there is no change in % rates until 2021? Any advice much appreciated

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi Yogibear,

Procedure same as last year.......... 19% still applies.

All the info is in Beachcomber's FAQ..............

Use your Exported Data..........change the Date and any Rate change from last year........... 1.1% or 2%.........ours changed for this year so doubled the amount payable per owner..........

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:04 am

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the prompt reply. You state that you need to check if there is any rate change from last year.......1.1% or 2%. How do you know if there has been any change?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 am

Hi Yogibear,

If your Town/municipality hasn't Revised it's Rate in last 10 Years then 2% applies.........

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

The above link will give you this info.

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi Enrique,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Looking at the link you supplied I get the following for my town/municipality, Año efecto 2008 Publicación ponencia 16/10/2007 Publicación valores medios 22/11/2007. I bought my property in October 2016 and it has been rented out for holiday lets with the rental returns being done by the solicitor who acted on the purchase of the property. I was informed by the solicitor of the need to pay NRT and was told that for 2016 it would be 40 odd euros and they could sort this out for a fee of 100 euros! Given the figure they gave me and looking at information on the web, primarily this forum, I was able to do my own calculation, which used the 1.1% multiplier, So I did my own submission and saved the 100 euro fee. Having sorted this initial calculation I have used it as a template for subsequent years, i.e. using 1.1% as the multiplier, this would appear to be not correct! Should the 2% have been used from 2018 onwards? That said, I have completed the submissions and made payments to the tax authorities. I have no feedback from them, it must be blatantly obvious to the authorities where an incorrect % has been used, do they ever check and chase underpayments? So for 2020 I need to use 2%, but what do I do for 2017/18/19? As usual I seem to get myself in a right mess!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi Yogibear,
"I have no feedback from them"..........I too missed upping to 2% one year having taken a Partial Revision Date for my 10 year start.....but as Beachcomber pointed out Partial Revisions don't count. :!: :!:

What to .......absolutely nothing .........if they pick it up they will notify you/us...... so sleep easy.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 pm

AEAT may or may not chase you for the difference and they have five years in which to do so.

You need to ensure that you are able to receive notifications and deal with any request for further payment promptly to avoid further fines and surcharges. To this end you should consider obtaining a digital signature. It is not a difficult procedure but you do need to prove your identity at a Spanish tax office or town hall.

If you are not planning to come to Spain within the next few months you can carry out the identification procedure at the Spanish consulate in London. There are also Spanish consulates in Manchester, Belfast, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh but you would need to check with them to see if they have the authority to carry out the procedure.

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Enrique, very much indebted for this practical feedback, Will use the 2% from now on and see what happens, if anything for the previous years! I would imagine there are quite a few owners who have never paid NRT..........so you would imagine the tax authorities might be more interested in them. Many thanks again

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
The digital signature is something that has been on the agenda, not sure when next in Spain, thanks for the info re the consulates.

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi there,
I have just completed the 210 form, after correcting numerous errors! Just want to make sure I have submitted it correctly. Info in the various boxes look fine and at the end I selected deposit return, this generated a box 'Formalise Deposit/Return'. Selected to Deposit which from there generated a Preliminary tax return and from there got a message you are about to file etc. Pressed continue which generated the 210 form which I printed off and saved in pdf format. Is that okay to send to friend in Spain to take to a bank to pay?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi Yogibear,

Don't forget to Sign and date all three forms and Put your NIE on the "F" sheet as per the FAQ

"The bank should validate and return to you the first two copies. The only copy to be kept by the bank is the copy of the 'documento de ingreso' that has a capital F printed in light blue towards the top right hand corner of the form. Keep the forms in case you need to prove payment at some time in the future. It is your only record unless you have a digital signature. You do not need to send the forms to AEAT."

I trust you Exported your Data ready for next Year............ :idea: