Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Yogibear
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Yogibear » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:03 am

Hi Enrique, thanks for this confirmation, I have kept the paper work for previous years and will for this year.
I do struggle with the online procedures and alas I have not exported the data as I have no idea how to do this!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:29 am

Hi Yogibear,

Look at my Post 13 Oct on Page 80 of this Thread

You will see the Export Tab ...........in the Screenshot

While things are fresh in your memory I would create another run through the Form 210 and Export data ready for next Year. as you will only have to change the Date and Rate............the only Form that counts is the one you Take to the Bank and Pay.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

waynemuns
Tourist

Postby waynemuns » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I have managed to work out how to do the imputed tax returns using the guides. Can someone point me to the best guide for doing the rental income returns please?

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 pm

Check out certain posts of 'ericsbcn' on this particular topic. They helped me. 'Beachcomber' also unfailingly clear and to the point on this and related topics.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:26 am

I cannot do a guide to non-resident tax on actual rental income because there are too many variables, uncertainties and anomalies.

It is not so bad if you have a regular tenant but the tax official in charge of the non-resident department at AEAT in Málaga insists that a separate return should be submitted in respect of each person that rents the property.

To take an extreme example this would mean that if you had a large property which was rented to eight different people every week for a year this would require the submission of 416 tax returns which is ridiculous and if a couple owned the property it would be double that number at 832.

I think most people just submit a cumulative return every quarter for the total income and, as far as I know, no-one has had any issues with AEAT for doing it this way.

Remember that the tax rate is now 24% and no expenses can be claimed. You still need to submit an imputed return prorata to the days the property was not rented.
Let's go Brandon!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi waynemuns,

I think the posts nevillewillmott is referring to start here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&start=1140#p380605

Summarizing the differences between imputed income and rental income when filing form 210.

Good luck and if you have specific questions, ask here.

- Eric S.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:31 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:26 am I cannot do a guide to non-resident tax on actual rental income because there are too many variables, uncertainties and anomalies.

It is not so bad if you have a regular tenant but the tax official in charge of the non-resident department at AEAT in Málaga insists that a separate return should be submitted in respect of each person that rents the property.

To take an extreme example this would mean that if you had a large property which was rented to eight different people every week for a year this would require the submission of 416 tax returns which is ridiculous and if a couple owned the property it would be double that number at 832.

I think most people just submit a cumulative return every quarter for the total income and, as far as I know, no-one has had any issues with AEAT for doing it this way.

Remember that the tax rate is now 24% and no expenses can be claimed. You still need to submit an imputed return prorata to the days the property was not rented.
I was recently reading the instructions for form 210. Looking at the Grouping (Agrupación) section, it seems like you may be able to submit one form for multiple renters if you tick the grouping checkbox and use rental type 35. What do you think?

- Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 pm

That certainly appears to be a possibility. The AEAT helpline operators are very evasive on this point and simply repeat the instructions on the form. They are not tax inspectors and have no leeway to advise and I have no personal experience of completing the forms in respect of tax on actual income.
Let's go Brandon!

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:48 pm

'I think most people just submit a cumulative return every quarter for the total income and, as far as I know, no-one has had any issues with AEAT for doing it this way.'

I guess that you have to provide one tenant's name (at least) in order to complete Modelo 210. I have one main tenant and some ocasional ones. If there is more than one tenant in a quarter, I always use only the main tenant's name. Hasta ahora sin problema.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:23 pm

I do submit the Form 210 for rental income. Although we always have the same tenants in any three month period. I tick the grouping checkbox (with rental type 01) and have never had a problem with AEAT accepting my submissions. Beachcomer - I don't actually remember why I've been using the grouping checkbox since I started submitting for rental income (in 2014). But I think you may have been the one who told me to do that.

- Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 pm

I think that may have been from a technical point of view in that the form would not validate otherwise.

The form has undergone some minor tweaks so it my work now.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:51 pm

Post moved to New Religion thread in the Amigos Lounge.
Let's go Brandon!

waynemuns
Tourist

Postby waynemuns » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:06 pm

@Beachcomber Were you really trying to get me to watch a YouTube clip about Totalitarianism? I think the link might not be correct.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:47 pm

The link is correct but I inadvertently put it in the wrong section. It is meant to be in the Amigos Lounge where I have now posted it.
Let's go Brandon!

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:45 pm

HI Anyone....

Ive managed my Modelo 210's without serious hitch for the past 8 or 9 years fairly easily.

BUT, this year (ending 2020) I have completed the form, importing data form previous years submission as normal, and altering year end dates accordingly.

I then validate and it comes back with "no errors" , "code 0001". This code I understand indicates there is no error , but it won't generate the Pdf despite checking and re entering all the data manually. IT also won't let me pay by inputting my IBAN for our Spanish Bank account.

Anyone else encountered this and found a solution.

Someone suggested it was due to my using a Macbook but I have tried on both MacBook and Windows laptops. Same result, no error, code 0001

All advice appreciated

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Looks like AEAT have completely redesigned their website. Everything is in a different place now. There is a link to the section for non-residents in the second group of blocks on the main page.

It took me a while to find it, but if you are looking for the My Files, My record, My notifications (Mis expedientes, mis datos censales, mis notifaciones) buttons, they can be found by clicking on the blue rectangle at the top right of the main page. It will say Personal area (Area Personal), or if you've already logged in with a digital certificate, it will show your name.

You can still access the old design. There is a link near the bottom of the main page which says "Access previos website (Acceso a la web anterior)".

Good luck.

- Eric S.

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:53 pm

hi Eric, thank you for your reply, I can find the validate button ok, but it returns : no errors, a code of 00001: a bit of of googling tells me 00001 means that all input data is correct. but it doesn't generate the PDF which i need to go on and complete either bank payment or online payment.

I will go through you comments and investigate each suggestion to see if I have missed something.

Many thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Hi Tober,

To Pay at your Bank you don't need to put your bank details on the Form.

To Pay online your will need NRC Number That is generated from your Banks "On line Tax Payments" and enter that on Form so Bank can tie in the Payment with your Form.

The above is my reading of your Posts......... :?:

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:57 pm

hi Enrique, thank you for your reply.

Its the actual generation of the PDF file, I am unable to do that despite the form returning "No Errors" post Validation. I cant even see the Generate PDF button that used to exist, only the validate option .

If i can get that to happen then I'm comfortable with the payment processes available.

thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi Tober,

Just ran through and Generated a Return.........

Bottom right Tab ......Select Deposit/Return.............

Don't forget to EXPORT your Data.......... :D