Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Tober
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:34 pm

Hi Enrique

I found my way through to creating the form, input my bank details but and generated the tax return. Printed and filed.

However I did not "EXPORT" as you mention.
Should i re- submit the form and export. Is this export sending data to the bank or to my laptop to retrieve next year. ? ?

Many thanks for helping me understand this process..

Gracias

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:39 pm

HI Enrique,
I eventually found my way through from validation via the payment option to generate a tax return and indeed the option to create the PDF.

I did not however "EXPORT" as i wasn't sure what i was exporting and to where. Is this EXPORTING data to the tax office or to my laptop for future reference.

Many many thanks for your help in understanding this process

Gracias

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi Tober,
Export............ this saves a file to your disk..........you have the choice where to place it......

Example....create a AEAT (Folder/Directory) and in there a Submission_2021 Folder, if you have to do a joint submission then have two Folders so you both have Data ready for next year.

The file format will look similar to ........ X1234567P_2020_0A.210 the first part your NIE then the Year
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi Enrique,

If i understand correctly, my payment and submission should go though ok then ?

I dont need to re-fill and re-submit a new form simply to export it ?

I did ( on my macbook) use the dropdown menu to "export as a pdf", but not the "export" button at bottom left corner of the form.
So, basically i just won't have the information available to populate the form next year, Is this correct.?

The main thing is that the submission will go through to the AEAT, my Non Resident tax will be paid and my Spanish bank should be deducted accordingly. ??

Many many thanks Enrique, you have been a huge help to me.

Muchos Gracias

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 pm

Tober wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:53 pm hi Eric, thank you for your reply, I can find the validate button ok, but it returns : no errors, a code of 00001: a bit of of googling tells me 00001 means that all input data is correct. but it doesn't generate the PDF which i need to go on and complete either bank payment or online payment.

I will go through you comments and investigate each suggestion to see if I have missed something.

Many thanks
Hi Tober. Sorry, my post wasn't meant as a reply to your question. I was just making a general observation for everyone who reads this thread.

- Eric S.

Tober
Tourist

Postby Tober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:03 pm

ahh ok...

thank you anyway..

Hilde
Tourist

Postby Hilde » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:29 am

I filled in our modelo 210 (online) and went to our Spanish bank to make the payment. The bank also gave me a number which is proof of payment. But how do I now link my online modelo 210 to the number I received from the bank? I have a digital signature. Or do I have to send both documents (modelo 210 and proof of the bank) to Madrid ?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:54 am

Good morning Tober & Hilde,

Having read your Posts a few times I feel that you are Missing some info..........

1) Paying in the Bank..........Having Ticked the Pay by Cash.........Take the Three Forms having inserted your NIE on the " F " Form as per FAQ.

Depending on your Bank/Bank account ..........Take cash or if a "Book" account your Book. Bank scans Barcode and Takes Payment.
Date stamps all three Forms , hands back two and keeps the " F" form that they (Bank) send away.

This is well Documented in Beachcomber's FAQ ........ :D

2) paying online using the NRC number obtained from your Banks's online Payment of Taxes section, best to get this First as the Form 210 has in the Past a timeout ,so faffing about on your Bank site you may find the Form 210 has Timed out.

If you have a Digital Signature you can check on the AEAT site that the Payment has been received this may take three (3) months or more to show up in your AEAT account.

3) If you missed the Export Tab when completing your original entry..........input your Data in a fresh Form , just tick the Pay by Cash and Save Data using the Export Tab...........next year you can then Import your saved Data and make the minor adjustment Date ,Rate etc.

There are other ways that Members have Paid........ do a site Search " Form 210 Bank Payment"

maxmagnus

Postby maxmagnus » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:53 am

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for a bunch of really useful information on this forum.

I'm filling 210 for commercial property and my tenant is paying withholding tax directly to Tributaria. He sends the money to my bank account every month, less that part he's paying directly (in my case 24%). Should I indicate that in field 29 (withholdings/payments on account) of my digital 210 form?

Thanks again and I hope to be able to send my forms as soon a possible because I'm already late.

Max

trcrod
Tourist

Postby trcrod » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi there,

New to the forum but have read a lot of the posts about the subject of non-resident tax. I've searched several terms to try to find answers to my questions so I hope I've not missed the obvious.

I chose to do my own end of year deemed income return (form 210) this time for 2020. I normally use a great company (Spanish Tax Forms) but the costs add up when also renting and needing multiple submissions per year.

Here's a quick summary of where I'm at finishing with my questions:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obtained the digital cert
Submitted the form 210 online and digitally filed (choosing to pay by foreign bank option)
Instructions on completed/submitted form stated to set on my bank payment:
IBAN ES7000491892642113304984 I know this is not the IBAN many people refer to on this forum but that is for other types of payment?
SWIFT BSCHESMM
REFERENCE my NIE number I know many people specify setting a much longer value in the REFERENCE field but I stuck to what was specified
AMOUNT my tax due

I used a UK online bank (GB IBAN), made the payment as above, with the exception of SWIFT CODE, as my bank don't make this field available to set
The payment was returned - I spoke with my bank and there was a non specific return code on the payment. I also enquired about the SWIFT CODE and they told me that it is not a required field of SEPA. Seems like the Spanish Tax Agency IT systems may still require it though?

So now I am stuck and in need of advice :).

Thoughts/questions:
------------------------
- can I cancel a tax form once filed so that I can recreate one to be printed and set payment at a Spanish bank (then I can ask Spanish Tax Forms just to make payment for me) - I can't find a way to do such a cancellation on the website?
- can I use the form I've created and already digitally filed to ask Spanish Tax Forms to go to a bank and make payment (will the bank accept the form, take payment and will the Spanish Tax Agency be able to marry up my payment?)
- I've looked at getting a Spanish bank account - seems tricky online as N26 no longer provide accounts for UK, or they need an NIE card (I don't have one - just paper), or they expect a Spanish address (I could use my Spanish one but won't be there to collect the cards as I'm mainly in the UK) - and even then I've currently filed stating I'll pay from the foreign bank so may have the issues changing the form as earlier?
- has anyone else got experience of paying with a GB IBAN and can confirm what they set in the payment fields as I listed above around IBAN/SWIFT/REFERENCE)?
- is there a way to see actual payments on the Spanish Tax Agency website - I have seen how to look at previous submissions but not actually payments?

Thanks for any help or info. It seems like I'm so close to doing this but just need help with some final hiccups.

Chris

Hilde
Tourist

Postby Hilde » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:29 am

Hello,
Thank you all for your help. I come back to my previous question, but will give here some more information
- I filled in the form online
- I chose : collaborating organisation account debit + our Spanish bank account Nr
- I printed the documents and went to our bank
- they kept one document, and did the payment (so the money has already been taken of our account)
- I received a document form the bank (called NRC - numero justificante). My NIE Nr is also on that document, as well as Modelo 210, the amount, the period (yearly), and the year (2020).
The reference Nr (receipt number) that I find on the Modelo 210 document however not

So my question now is : do I still have to send the Modelo together with the NRC to an address in Madrid ? Or how do they link the Modelo and my payment ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am

Hi Hilde,

The bank will send the Form with the "F" (the one they kept) to get registered with AEAT.

Have you a Digital Signature.......... :?: If so you can check that your Submission is on the AEAT site.............my one for this year took 11 days to appear on AEAT site.

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... cn00c.html

Keep hold of the Forms you have as proof of Payment.

If you haven't got a Digital Signature and are in Spain Get one today..........see FAQ

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571

The FAQ on the subject makes it seem difficult...........it's not ..Gerryh rapped up one in a couple of hours of filling in his Form. :!: :!:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi trcrod,
can I cancel a tax form once filed so that I can recreate one to be printed and set payment at a Spanish bank (then I can ask Spanish Tax Forms just to make payment for me) - I can't find a way to do such a cancellation on the website?
This is my take on this,not necessary correct............Beachcomber is the man.........other Members have paid with "non-Spanish) Bank accounts.

Use site "Search" .......... form 210 bank payment.......... may give you some pointers.

As the Form 210 is on line you can generate as many as you like......... the only one that counts is the one you take to the Bank (Spanish) and Pay or using your Banks on line Paying Taxes option and NRC number which you tie in when completing the Form.

As you bank hasn't paid then your submission is in effect Dead......... I'd go for your Plan B , redo the form and get your "agent" to pay it.

Don't forget to EXPORT your Date and save it to your disk before leaving the procedure.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 pm

You cannot just cancel it. If you end up paying twice you need to submit a report reclaiming the amount of the duplicate payment.

If you do not have a digital certificate you need to present it at an AEAT office.
Let's go Brandon!

Hilde
Tourist

Postby Hilde » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Dear Enrique,
Thank you for your help ! I have a digital signature, and when I fill in the 3 fields, I recieve this as the answer "Error detectado:
Usted no está autorizado a la consulta o no ha presentado la declaración solicitada"

I have to fill in a NIF-nr, but I only have a NIE nr ? Is this the problem ?
And is there another way to check with my NIE nr ?

Hilde

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi Hilde,

Are you actually Registered on the AEAT site............. :?: :?:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/

Look in Area Personal Tab top right............

if you pop your NIE and surname in........it will say it's sending some Barcodes to your Registered Address.... if not this is your Problem and you're not Registered.

Hilde
Tourist

Postby Hilde » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Dear Enrique, if I go to the right tab, I can access by digital signature, and then I arrive in modelo 030, where I can change my personal data ? Is it there that I have to get my registration ?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi Hilde,

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/

You can change language to English if it helps.

go straight to access with Digital Signature ,don't put your NIE in ..........will take you to your details if all is well.

Hilde
Tourist

Postby Hilde » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi Enrique,

When I follow this, I see all my personal details. So I suppose I'm registered ? Bu if I follow the link in your first reaction (https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... cn00c.html), I still receive the same message ? Does this mean that my bank (BancaMarch) did not send everything to AEAT ? If I ask them a question, they say that they don't know and that we have to pay a gestor ... Can I do something to send the documents (modelo 210 and the NRC documents) to a certain address ? We did the paiment already on august 18th ...

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi Hilde,

Your Bank has messed you about big time ............what to do........Beachcomber may have some thoughts.

If the amount is not large and you have on-line access to your Bank and they have a Pay Taxes section you could use your Digital Signature and pay on line.
The procedure is to get the NRC number from your bank ( Pay Taxes section) and use that when filling in a new Form 210.

See link in the FAQ for Digital Signature

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

If you have a tax office nearby you could take you Current Forms and NRC and see if they can tie them up online.

If you have to send the Forms away make copies before sending..........