Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:20 pm

The easiest place to go for identification is likely to be your local town hall. Our main town hall is in Almuñécar but La Herradura has a sort of sub town hall. We just walked in and were dealt with immediately.

Sid

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:03 pm

You should probably check the link I posted first (https://mapaoficinascert.appspot.com/) to make sure they do the digital certificates. It may be that not all do. For example, the town hall in in Almuñécar does show up, but not the one in La Herradura.

- Eric S.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Memory is not what it used to be...

However, believe the calculation for 2020 is the "Cadastral " *24 % for this year,( used to be 19%)*2%... what is the 2% and is it still good for 2020 ?

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi,
For 2020 I would go for 19% as we (UK) still in transition.

Beachcomber please confirm........ :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm

I paid my taxes a week ago and used 19% for 2020 as the UK was still in transition.
Regrettably it will be back to 24% next year (for 2021 tax year).

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:56 am

I posted this on 19th January:
Beachcomber wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 pm I have tripled checked this by calling the AEAT helpline twice on different days and checking with a gestor with whom I have a good working relationship.

The rate for non-resident imputed tax being declared in 2021 for 2020 is 19%. In 2022 (assuming we make it to then) the rate for 2021 will be 24%.

The rate for actual rental income declared on a quarterly basis for 2021 is obviously 24% as is the non-resident fixed rate for capital gains tax.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:43 am

Hi,

Thanks zanuck & Beachcomber for the info................. :D

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:38 am

Thanks chaps...

Is that *2% tucked on at the end, still good ?

anyroads

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:43 am

Yes, 2% of the valor catastral in box 4 if it has not been revised in the past ten years. I don't think there are many left now that have been revised.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 am

Hi,
To check revision dates.............

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

Looking at a few towns on above show 2008 as revision date............so question is ....is this site uptodate after Beachcomber's comment above. :?:

Looking at Lebrija it had a Partial revision 2014 so is that good for 1.1% until 2024

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:17 am

It would appear that partial revisions do not count.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 am

Yes of course, Lebrija is my neck of the woods...

19% and 2% it is then.

Believe I have all the figures now. As in the past, will let "Spanish Tax Forms Ltd" do all the legwork for me, even last year for the first time, making the payment on my behalf, as opposed to me presenting the forms at my bank in Lebrija.

Thanks everyone for your help.

anyroads

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:48 am

If anyone is struggling with this, I suggest letting "Spanish Tax Forms" complete the forms on your behalf. In the past, I have got them to send me the forms which I presented at my bank. This time ( and last year ), I got them to make the payment on my behalf. They are the cheapest out there doing this type of work.

I contacted them on the 13th August re latest return. All done and dusted and confirmation of payment received on 19th August. You can pay in £ too.

anyroads

Trainman

Postby Trainman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:35 pm

In 2 weeks we are finally travelling to our holiday home in Granada province. We pay our non residents tax by completing form 210 while at home in the UK, print it off and take it to the bank where we have our account. This has worked well In previous years. We have no digital signature and no internet in our Spanish home.
We now need to complete form 210 for 2019 and 2020. Reading previous posts, we will use 2% for the valor catastral and 19% for the rate. Is this correct? Also can anyone foresee any problems completing and printing the two forms one after the other, one for each year.
We realise the return for 2019 is late. Will it be accepted as we assume it is best not to just ignore it? Thought we would ask these questions before starting the process

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi Trainman,
"we will use 2% for the valor catastral and 19% for the rate"........1.1% or 2% depends on when your Local Town Hall did a full revision.

Interesing to know if the online software can handle late payments.........Beachcomber :?:

Check revision ............. http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

Good idea to get a Digital Signature when you're over this time.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Trainman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:35 pm In 2 weeks we are finally travelling to our holiday home in Granada province. We pay our non residents tax by completing form 210 while at home in the UK, print it off and take it to the bank where we have our account. This has worked well In previous years. We have no digital signature and no internet in our Spanish home.
We now need to complete form 210 for 2019 and 2020. Reading previous posts, we will use 2% for the valor catastral and 19% for the rate. Is this correct? Also can anyone foresee any problems completing and printing the two forms one after the other, one for each year.
We realise the return for 2019 is late. Will it be accepted as we assume it is best not to just ignore it? Thought we would ask these questions before starting the process
I am not sure if you can send these forms in the post to your bank. I am sure I did see they must be presented in person. Why I do not know. To save the hassle I got Spanish Tax Forms to do the payment on my behalf. They charge £12 per person ( property in my and my wife's names ). Hopefully we will all be back to normal next year and we can come and go as we please. However, those days may be years off !

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi Trainman.
Came across this from Beachcomber...........

"Just pay the tax in the normal way even though it is late. The fact that is after the deadline should make no difference. I have paid non-resident back taxes for people going back three or four years. If it doesn't work with one bank try another.

You will subsequently receive a notification to pay the fine. I would suggest you get a digital certificate so that you receive immediate notification of the fine. You will be then be able to pay it online taking advantage of the discount for prompt and undisputed payment. You will need a digital certificate for each person who is paying late. You could also pay with a digital signature avoiding a trip to the bank but this will only work if your bank account was opened with your NIE rather than your passport."

The following may give you an idea of possible fines.........

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/d ... ge-to-pay/

For Digital Signature.. take your laptop over and use a friendly local internet to get the setup.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Enrique wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:35 pm You could also pay with a digital signature avoiding a trip to the bank but this will only work if your bank account was opened with your NIE rather than your passport."
If your bank account was opened with your passport and not your NIE, and you have a digital certificate, you can still pay. This is my case and I have done it. What you do is: pay first with your bank's online system. If your bank supports it, there will be some kind of "pay taxes" option. Use that to pay and it will result in an NRC, a numerical code that serves as a receipt. Save that NRC and then input it at the bottom of the Form 210.

- Eric S.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi,
One tip .... get the NRC number from your Bank first then Pull up the Form 210 with current Data....There is/was a timeout on the Form 210 so doing it the other way round and faffing about on your Banks site results in the Form 210 timing out.......... :!:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:06 pm

anyroads wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 am Yes of course, Lebrija is my neck of the woods...

19% and 2% it is then.

Believe I have all the figures now. As in the past, will let "Spanish Tax Forms Ltd" do all the legwork for me, even last year for the first time, making the payment on my behalf, as opposed to me presenting the forms at my bank in Lebrija.

Thanks everyone for your help.

anyroads
I also use Spanish Tax Forms, takes out all the hassel and they do the calculations aswell as make the payment on our behalf. :thumbup: