Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Mon May 04, 2020 6:55 am

Hi vix2000,
Welcome to The Forum............
Following on from Beachcomber's Post.........

1) To check if any of you where registered with AEAT at time of purchase.

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/etidomic.html

If not registered it will give ..............NIF TECLEADO ERRONEO O INEXISTENTE

2) Digital Signature is a must have...........easy to pay on-line, check your Records at AEAT and your local Province Site for IBI Records etc.......

3) Some Spanish Banks have a Pay Taxes Option and list Modelo/Form 210 so you can get a NRC reference number for on-line payment.

Use the Search Tab on The Forum site to Find info as nearly all Questions relating to Owning a House and paying Taxes in Spain can be found.

The FAQ Section can be useful for info but some are out of date............. :(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rosiflower
Tourist

Postby rosiflower » Mon May 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi Beachcomber
I'd firstly like to thank you for the invaluable advice I've found on here and the wonderful community of people.

I am just in the process of completing a Modelo 210 for imputed tax. I rented my apartment out for a total of 213 days in 2019 and it works out as €0.58 per day and €86.42 to pay for the 149 days that I didn't rent.

I just wondered if anyone else has done this as I'm not sure if you just put in this prorata figure (€86.42) in box 4. where it says Renta Inmobiliaria Imponible - Base Imponible and then carry on from there as you would for the full 365 days.

I would normally put in the full amount in Box 4. (ie. 2% of Castastral value and then 19% of that)

There are various other boxes and I don't understand what they mean. Any help much appreciated!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 04, 2020 5:58 pm

You put the taxable base (base imponible) in box 4, ie. valor catastral x 2% ÷ 365 x 149 then 19% of that should come to the amount of tax payable which you have already calculated which is entered in box 22 as usual.

If that doesn't work out please let me have the valor catastral and I will double check the calculation.

vix2000
Tourist

Postby vix2000 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you for the advice

rosiflower
Tourist

Postby rosiflower » Tue May 05, 2020 9:56 am

Thank you so much! Your advice has been invaluable for me to be able to do this myself. Best regards!

Fox Lodge
Tourist

Postby Fox Lodge » Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 am

Good Morning
I wonder if someone can give me some advice.
I have tried to complete my form 210 today through google Chrome. I have imported my data from the previous year and made the necessary amendments. When I have validated the form is confirms there are no errors. I export the form and it appears to export OK but when I try to open the file I get a message saying Acrobat Reader can not open because file type (which I think is .210 type) is not supported or file has been damaged.
I have not had such a problem in previous years. Can any give me some advice on how to address the issue.

Kindest Regards

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 am

I think you may be neglecting to click on 'Generar Declaracion' (or 'Generate preliminary tax return' in English) in the extreme bottom right hand corner of the form. This generates the PDF. The file you export is not a PDF it is the formula which you will import next year and can only be 'opened' by (or imported into) the 210 program itself.

Fox Lodge
Tourist

Postby Fox Lodge » Mon May 18, 2020 11:45 am

Hi Beachcomber
Thank you so much for the quick response. I am pleased to say you were right. I'd not remembered the process fully.
Not sure where I would be without this forum :-)

kindest regards Fox Lodge

JanSamson

Re: Renta 2019 - How to Pay

Postby JanSamson » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 am

Previously we have paid the non-resident Renta through an agent but to save money decided to do it ourselves online. This has proved to be a confusing and frustrating experience in relation to paying the relatively small amount of 116.25 euros. Firstly, the AEAT payment page concluded by saying "The payer is not the card holder" when I tried to pay with my bank debit card. I tried to find out why this is and the only thing I can find is that my digital certificate has my middle name spelt as Carol when it should be Carole whereas my bank card has the correct spelling - could this be the reason?

Secondly I tried to pay through my account at Caixabank but their payment page asks for the "anagrama" and this does not appear on any of the 3 pages which I downloaded after submitting Foprm 210 online.

I am now stuffed and cannot see any way to pay this bill without using my UK account which I would prefer not to do.

Can anyone help???

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

How to Pay

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:01 am

Hi JanSamson,
Welcome to The Forum............. :)

As you have a Digital Signature ..........get a NRC number from your Bank and then go through the Procedure using it to tie up the Form 210

I'm assuming this is just a Non-Resident annual Form 210 fill in.............. :?:

There is a whole Thread devoted to Non-Resident Form 210.....................

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&p=400051&hil ... 10#p400051

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

How to pay

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Your 'anagrama' is shown on the second page of the 210 declaration (marked as page 4) just below the bar code and just above your name. It is four letters consisting of the first three letters of your surname and a control letter.

There is usually a little leeway on the spelling of names. Is it possible that your card was obtained with your passport number rather than your NIE number? If this is so it is probably the same situation with your bank account in which case the NRC will not work either.

JanSamson

How to Pay

Postby JanSamson » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 am

Can anyone help me please? I do not have an anagrama on my Form 210 which I submitted on line and Caixabank are saying they cannot pay the tax due without this. I have looked back as far as 2014 and none of my forms had an anagrama on it. If I need one how can I find it??

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

How to Pay

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:38 pm

You have already asked that question and I have answered it. Are you saying that the anagrama does not appear where I have said it does?

If so please let me know and I will explain another method of finding it.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

How to Pay

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi JanSamson,

Can you not pay by obtaining a NRC reference number from the Bank and them follow procedure in Form210 using this number...... :?:

Bank::
Its found under Paying Taxes , lists of Forms, then pick Modelo 210

I've Seen Beachcombers reply........give NRC route a go and see if it works...........nothing to loose....... :)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

How to pay

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:26 pm

My doubts about that working were if his/her NIE number does not match the bank account. It may be that he is able to make the payment in the way you describe but that the AEAT system still rejects the form.

If it is true that his anagrama does not appear on page 4 (second page) of the declaration there must be something else wrong because I have looked back over several of the thousands of 210 declarations that I have done over the past few years and since 2015 the anagram has always been shown although there was a period between 2011 and 2014 (the first four years of electronic online forms after the scrapping of the use of etiquetas) when it did not.

This is where the anagrama should be:

Form 210 anagrama.jpg

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi,
Interesting..........the last time I had a anagrama on my Form 210 was 2009

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:15 pm

I think I have solved that. It would appear that neither the anagram nor the bar code appears on declarations submitted with a digital certificate.

However, it the OP is still with us and he needs the anagram he could complete a non digital certificate form and generate the PDF, make a note of the anagram then delete the form.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:55 am

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but having recently completed my pdf declarations for 2019 I have a query on 'Currency keys':

'Income obtained'
Box [02] 'Income type' select 02 (From drop down list).
Box [03] 'Currency keys' Select 826 British Pound

I've always selected euros for imputed income on the basis that the "Impuesto sobre la Renta de no Residentes" as the payment is made from a Spain bank account. Have I understood the instructions in English correctly - "Currency key (3): Indicate the currency, from the attached list of currencies, used for payment"?

Saludos

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 am

This is quite subjective.

My thinking is that, although the funds came from a Spanish bank account, as a non-resident from the UK with no income in Spain, by definition, the funds would have originated in sterling.

This was confirmed to me many years ago by someone at the tax office in Almería who is now probably enjoying a well earned retirement if not pushing up the daisies.

I have been entering 826 British Pound on over a hundred declarations per year for the past 35 years and it has never been queried. Anyway, I really don't think it matters now because it is something left over from the good old days prior to the introduction of the euro but if you feel more comfortable with entering euros then by all means do so.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks for your insights - I hadn't considered that angle. I thought a possible explanation might be that the currency matches the fiscal residence and as such, as you quite rightly point out, the source of funds would indeed be GBP prior to conversion and payment.

Saludos