Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Yes, you need to declare 2% of the valor catastral. The 2020/2008 signifies that the bill is for 2020 and the last revision was 2008. There is a remote possibility that you will receive a claim from AEAT for the difference if you calculated the tax erroneously in 2018. If you do not already have one I suggest that you get a digital certificate so that you do not miss any notifications and end up with further fines for late payment.

Bank receipts no longer show the valor catastral but it is true that these have decreased in many municipalities. Depending on your municipality there are various methods of obtaining a more comprehensive receipt. It may be in the form of a CSV shown in the link but it may also show a five digit 'clave' which you have to enter in a web site called Ealia:

https://www.ealia.es/rec

If you live in a municipality where IBI is collected by the patronato of Málaga you enter it here:

https://portalweb.prpmalaga.es//Impresi ... Recibo.jsp

There may be others. Mijas has its own, for example, but these are the only ones I have come across in this area.

If your Town Hall does not use such a system of giving access to more comprehensive receipts insist that they give you one showing the valor catastral. Tell them that you need the information in order to complete your non-resident tax return. They have an obligation to provide you with this information if it is not available from any other source.

LJH

Postby LJH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Thank you! Will give this a try tomorrow :)
Louise

LJH

Postby LJH » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you very much pengwynne & beachcomber : )
Louise

Bearaboy

Postby Bearaboy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks for all your great advice.... it really is invaluable.
I have a Q that you may not be able to answer but I'll ask anyway !

In my online banking with BANKIA I can pay taxes online, I can chose "210 | IRPF NO RESID. S/ESTABLECIM. PERMANENTE" but there is no way to
marry that to the pdf file I generate for the 210. There is no option for the receipt number etc. Is there a need to connect the two ?
It does ask for the ANAGRAM but surely this is too generic (CARx) to connect them both.

Thanks
John

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Does the bank program generate an NRC number?

beowulf
Tourist

Postby beowulf » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:44 am

About the 1.1% vs 2% question, the year for Mijas revision of valor catastral is 2004 according to http://www.catastro.minhap.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp and hence has the 2% tax factor. But there is a second line that can be expanded that says something about a partial revision in 2019 (effective 2020). Does this partial revision have any impact on the tax factor, maybe not this year but next? Grasping for straws here, I know... :)

Bearaboy

Postby Bearaboy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:32 am

Hmmmm ....can't really tell without going through the payment process, doesn't seem obvious.

Can I put my Spanish bank details in the 210 and have them taken automatically? Or can I fill in my details and then send the amount to their bank account ?
Does creating the PDF file also file that submission on the AEAT database?

Questions questions !!

Thanks again
J

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am

I don't know anything about Bankia.

I have never made a payment to AEAT in this way but there should, at some stage in the process, be a facility to attach the pdf file to the bank payment or, at least, the número de expediente shown on the form but, as you say, you won't know if this happens until you go through the process.

Unless you have a digital certificate, just putting your Spanish bank details on the form will not result in the payment of the tax. Creating a pdf file does result in the file being entered on the AEAT database but unless it is validated with payment it is expunged subsequently from the system.

Some branches of some banks will make the payment from your account if, by prior arrangement, you send them the pdf by email but this is more of a personal service which the bank is not obliged to follow.

The only other alternative is to send the form and the cash to a friend in Spain and ask them to go to a bank to make the payment. It does not have to be your bank or theirs but it may be necessary to make the payment via an ATM by scanning the bar code and putting the money into the machine. This produces a receipt which you retain as proof of payment.

I'm sorry I cannot give you a definitive answer but there maybe a member of the forum who uses Bankia and has made their payment in this way and can tell you exactly what to do.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:43 am

Good Morning,
There is some info supplied by our Member adamski about paying on-line without a Digital Signature............it's on page 58

viewtopic.php?t=31081&start=1140
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:17 pm

For the past 3 years, I have made online payment thro my bank, Unicaja, and then sent a copy of my 210, together with the bank receipt & a covering letter in Spanish, to the Hacienda office in my area (Antequera). So far, I have not had any problems...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi, I have been paying my non resident Tax each year through an agency. However their fees are quite high and I was thinking of completing it myself and taking it to the bank to pay when we are next over in Spain in December. I have been looking online for the right form but I cannot find the type Modelo 210 which is like the previous copies I have had from the agency. They were brown forms? Can anyone throw a link to the correct form I need to complete for 2019 please? Thanks in advance.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:24 pm

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

It only becomes orange and white when you generate the pdf.

Please read the FAQ then ask again if you have any further query:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

mackle47
Tourist

Postby mackle47 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks Beachcomber, so had a quick look and they are quite different from previous years. Can I just print off when finished and take to bank or do I need to pay online now?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:05 pm

No, you have to fill in the formula then generate a pdf which will then look exactly like the forms from previous years. It is all in the step-by-step instructions as shown in the FAQ to which I gave the link in my last post.

You can pay in cash at a bank but you may have to use the ATM to do so. You can pay online but it can be a bit hit and miss unless you have a digital certificate and bank account details which match those held by AEAT.

Try to follow these instructions then ask again if you have any further query.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:09 pm

mackle47 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 pm Hi, I have been paying my non resident Tax each year through an agency. However their fees are quite high and I was thinking of completing it myself and taking it to the bank to pay when we are next over in Spain in December. I have been looking online for the right form but I cannot find the type Modelo 210 which is like the previous copies I have had from the agency. They were brown forms? Can anyone throw a link to the correct form I need to complete for 2019 please? Thanks in advance.
I have been using Spanish Tax Forms for years. This year for the first time ( as I cant get to Spain ), I am getting them to make the payment for me. Usually they just send the forms to me, and I present them at my bank in Spain.

If all else fails, you could try them. From memory ( different this year as they are making the payment for me ) it was about £35 last year in total, for forms in my and my wife's name

anyroads

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Can I please clarify something? Apologies if this has been covered earlier. My property was built in 2008 and the catastral value (CV) has not been updated since. Do I need to pay 2% of the 19% of the CV for 2019 or 1.1%? I have seen many references to the fact that 1.1% is due if the CV has not been updated since 1994 and a similar number of references to 2% applying if the CV has not been updated within the past 10 years.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Apologies. I should have looked slightly further up the thread. It is 2% if the CV has not been updated within the past 10 years. There is a calculator for this adjacent to Box 04 on the 210 form with an explanation.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Yes, this is also covered in the FAQ and on the AEAT instruction leaflet itself.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:44 am

Bearaboy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:32 am Hmmmm ....can't really tell without going through the payment process, doesn't seem obvious.

Can I put my Spanish bank details in the 210 and have them taken automatically? Or can I fill in my details and then send the amount to their bank account ?
Does creating the PDF file also file that submission on the AEAT database?

Questions questions !!

Thanks again
J
I'm with Bankia, I've just completed the 210 form for my wife and I. We both have digital certificates however her form appears to have been lodged as an online submission (I have a PDF copy) whereas my form is merely the normal PDF form with multiple copies.

I plan to pay via the Bankia online system however currently my account is in Enquiry mode, the reason I am not yet sure.

The anagram you mention is a 4 letter code designed to match the AEAT record to your name. It will appear in capitals underneath the barcode on your form (on my form it is at the top of page 2 - ignoring the 2 instruction pages.

I think that the Bankia system provides the NRC number to enter into the AEAT system to complete the tie up between the submission and the payment but I won't be able to confirm this until I'm able to try it. I will update in due course.

Last year I submitted mine successfully and then got into a complete mess by completing my wife's by amending mine (only I had a digital certificate). This should have been rejected but seemed to go through. I wasn't at all sure whether the payment would be linked to the submission so visited the tax office in Alicante and they confirmed everything was OK. As you say - Questions....Questions...

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi bearaboy,
Tip for paying on-line

Using the NRC from your bank "paying Taxes" sections is the way to go.

Probably best to get the NRC first then fire up the Form 210............I had a timeout when I did it the other way round last year as the bank procedure was a bit long time wise.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.