Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby bbobandannie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Thanks Enrique - I will wait out and see what you come up with. I can't find a box to pay by cash to tick, all possibilities want me to put in a bank code of some kind. I have finally managed to get my husbands done, with no (or very litte stress, just holding my breath to see whether the computer would blow up) so I know it's possible and relatively easy, once I was brave enough to push a few buttons to see what would happen!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:52 pm

Hi ,

My take on this year's Form 210............

To Print and take Form to your Bank and pay.

Also to Pay from abroad.

Don't use your Digital Signature........... use the following URL.........

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul

When you have filled in the Form and it Validates without errors...... "Formalise and Deposit" you have two choices

To Deposit .... or ........... Payment by Transfer from abroad ## This bit will be useful for summer_destination

Don't forget to Export your data ready for next year

Some Screenshots........... I prepared earlier.

"Generate preliminary tax return" to finish off.
Attachments
Capture_Transfer_from_Abroad.PNG
Capture.PNG
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:47 pm

Thanks for your help and patience Enrique, much appreciated.

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 pm

This is absolutely hilarious but yes, I think that Enrique partly isolated the issue (THUMBS UP, ENRIQUE!)

I've just completed my husband's form without a digital certificate and BOOM, it comes in 5 pages with all the necessary information. As opposed to mine, done with a digital certificate, which came in 3 pages and without the ANAGRAMA. How ridiculous can this be to have the digital certificate-enabled version to serve at absolutely nothing? (rhetorical question)

Remaining questions (non-rhetorical, I really hope someone can answer)
1. for the 5 pages declaration - it states that a certificate of residence from the country of residence is needed? needed for what? will this form be sent somewhere? my understanding was that after payment this only needs to be saved as a personal record but not sent anywhere
2. for the 3 pages declaration - since it is a saved acknowledgment of a debt, it must be canceled with AEAT. Any idea on how to fulfill this?

I hope all this journey helps others. Enrique, you may want, as our leader, to start socializing the idea of a new chief of digital at the Tax Agency :) This is an absolutely unbearable experience to offer to anyone who loves and invests in Spain.

SV

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:54 pm

Hi summer_destination,

Unfortunately our chosen man who had the ear of AEAT "retired" last December............. :(

" it states that a certificate of residence from the country of residence is needed? needed for what?"........what part of the procedure did this pop up :?:

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:02 pm

Ah! Sorry to hear that we had a bit of an insider help which we lost.

Sorry for not being specific on the instructions I was inquiring in one of my points. They were stated on the first page of the 5 pages document. I paste them here for convenience:

Para la presentación de la declaración, debe:
1. Escribir el NIF en todos los ejemplares del documento de ingreso/o devolución y firmarlos manualmente.
2. Obtener la documentación adicional que debe adjuntarse a la autoliquidación, que para esta declaración es la
marcada con una X en la siguiente lista (si no hay ningún documento marcado, no deberá presentar ninguna
documentación adicional):
 Documentación prevista en la Disposición adicional tercera del Reglamento del Impuesto sobre la Renta de no
residentes (RD 1776/2004, de 30 de julio).
 Certificado previsto en el artículo 18 de la Orden EHA 3316/2010, de 17 de diciembre.
 Documentación prevista en el artículo 17 de la Orden EHA 3316/2010, de 17 de diciembre.
 Certificado de residencia expedido por las autoridades fiscales del país de residencia.
 Declaración formulada por el representante del fondo de pensiones en la que se manifieste el cumplimiento de
los requisitos legales, ajustada al modelo del anexo VI de la Orden de aprobación del modelo 210.
 Certificado emitido por la autoridad competente del Estado miembro de origen de la institución en el que se
manifieste que dicha institución cumple las condiciones establecidas en la Directiva 2009/65/CE del
Parlamento Europeo y del Consejo, de 13 de julio de 2009, por la que se coordinan las disposiciones legales,
reglamentarias y administrativas sobre determinados organismos de inversión colectiva en valores mobiliarios
(OICVM). La autoridad competente será la designada conforme a lo previsto en el artículo 97 de la citada
Directiva .
 Certificado de residencia fiscal expedido por la autoridad fiscal del país de residencia, en el que deberá
constar expresamente que el contribuyente es residente en el sentido definido en el Convenio.
 Certificado de residencia fiscal expedido por la autoridad fiscal del país de residencia, en el que deberá
constar expresamente que el contribuyente es residente en el sentido definido en el Convenio, o el formulario
específico que se haya acordado si el Convenio aplicable está desarrollado mediante una Orden que
establezca su utilización.
 Certificado de residencia expedido por las autoridades fiscales del país de residencia, en caso de
contribuyentes residentes en la Unión Europea, o del Espacio Económico Europeo con efectivo intercambio de
información, que deduzcan gastos conforme al artículo 24.6 de la Ley del Impuesto sobre la Renta de no
Residentes
 Documentos justificativos de las retenciones o ingresos a cuenta.
 Justificante acreditativo de la identificación y titularidad de la cuenta bancaria.
 Documento que acredite la representación, en el que deberá constar una cláusula que faculte al representante
para recibir la devolución a su nombre por cuenta del contribuyente.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi summer_destinations,

When you read through the "instructions" .. have any of the square boxes an X in them........... :?:

There are similar "instructions" when preparing the Form 210 to pay in a local Bank not using Digital Signature....translation by Mr Google

Obtain the additional documentation which must be added to the self-assessment form, which for this tax return is marked
with an X on the following list (if no document is marked, you do not need to submit any additional documentation ):
 Documentation specified in additional provision 3 of the law on Non-Resident Income Tax (RD 1776/2004, of 30
July).
 Certificate provided for in article 18 of Order EHA 3316/2010, of 17 December.
 Documentation provided for in artichel 17 of Order EHA 3316/2010, of 17 December.
 Certificate of residency issued by the tax authorities in the country of residence.
 Tax return formulated by the representative of the pensions fund, declaring compliance with legal requirements,
using the form in appendix VI of the Approval Order of form 210

...etc

None of the "additional documentation" has a X in the Boxes

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 pm

GENIUS! Enrique, not the author of such a form :) My conclusion. The form generated WITHOUT a digital certificate is at the moment the only one that leads anywhere and I would appreciate your confirmation but with the acknowledgment of the X-es, it does not need to be sent anywhere just saved.

Luckily we are now with 50% of our tax sorted out :) Long live the forum and Enrique

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:35 pm

Hi,

"Long live the forum and Enrique"..........The Forum yes.........I'm just a Sysadmin who has a passion for computers....... :D

buckleyda
Tourist

Postby buckleyda » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Hi summer-destination, Just wondering when you tried to complete the 210 online through your digital cert did you get the same as the image below with all the tabs at the bottom
Tax 210 DC.png

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:20 am

buckleyda wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm Hi summer-destination, Just wondering when you tried to complete the 210 online through your digital cert did you get the same as the image below with all the tabs at the bottom
Tax 210 DC.png
Hi Buckleyda, sorry to jump in on your question to Summer-destination but I also used my digital certificate and finally completed my husbands form and paid (with Enriques help). That screen is the same screen that I had as the first screen with all the tabs at the bottom.

buckleyda
Tourist

Postby buckleyda » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:04 am

Hi Buckleyda, sorry to jump in on your question to Summer-destination but I also used my digital certificate and finally completed my husbands form and paid (with Enriques help). That screen is the same screen that I had as the first screen with all the tabs at the bottom.

No problem that's how I completed my 3 returns this year but my first few attempts the bottom bar only showed some of the items and hence where I went wrong.... good learning curve

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:54 am

Hi Buckeyda, yes same screen using the digital certificate. After generating the form though it only has 3 pages and does not contain elements stated as mandatory for payment by AEAT. It would be really useful to understand from the others who report having been able to pay, how did they do it? One thing is to pay and another thing is to pay correctly as AEAT is very careful as includin disclaimers like 'if payment details do not include ALL mandatory information then the payment does not produce any effects' and at the same time presenting this c..p to the tax payer in the year of 2022.

We've called AEAT three times today and every time after explaining the situation and asking for clarification they hung up. Is this even possible?

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:22 am

summer_destination wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:54 am Hi Buckeyda, yes same screen using the digital certificate. After generating the form though it only has 3 pages and does not contain elements stated as mandatory for payment by AEAT. It would be really useful to understand from the others who report having been able to pay, how did they do it? One thing is to pay and another thing is to pay correctly as AEAT is very careful as includin disclaimers like 'if payment details do not include ALL mandatory information then the payment does not produce any effects' and at the same time presenting this c..p to the tax payer in the year of 2022.

We've called AEAT three times today and every time after explaining the situation and asking for clarification they hung up. Is this even possible?
I paid my husbands after using the digital certificate by using our Spanish bank details, as he is the lead name on the account it didn't have a problem with him at all and payment was done within seconds. I was unable to pay my bill using our Spanish bank details as I'm not the lead name (even though I have authority to set up direct debits etc), Sabadell isn't on the list of accepted debit card payments and without the angram code I couldn't transfer from my Spanish bank account - leaving me with no option but to either pay in cash or from my UK account. It does seem to assume that if you have a digi certificate that you have a Spanish bank account and I couldn't see anywhere it mentioned paying from overseas until I looked at the form that Enrique linked us to.

What I'm not sure about is if I complete the form using the link and not by digi certificate, tick to pay by cash and then download the form - whether I will then be able to pay by bank transfer (as I will then have the angram required) as I don't know how to inform AEAT later of the NRI number! I would rather pay from my Spanish bank account in euros than from my UK account and paying in cash is a nightmare as my Spanish bank only allows payment between 9 am and 11 am on certain days!! Who would have thought trying to pay them would be so difficult - and they wonder why people don't!! Luckily we have loads of time to sort this before we are late for payment!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi bbobandannie,
A thought...........going on our Spanish bank Caja Rural Group

There is a "Pay Taxes" option.......Form 210 is one of the options ......going down this route you get a NRC number that can then be used filling in the Form using your Digital Signature . Another option on our Bank you can Select which "Member" of the account can Pay.

Due to Timeout problems in the Past Get the NRC number first then fill in the form 210
............... but first check your bank Has this payment option. :!: :!:

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:38 pm

Hi Enrique

Thanks for the thought, our bank does allow both the Pay Taxes and to change who pays but I've already tried that and without the "angram" I can't complete payment that way either!! It looks like the only way to get the "angram" is to complete a form outside of the Digi Signature. I'm not sure but I may be able to pay at a cash till by scanning the form in - we had to do that before for some other payment as the bank refused to take the money because the cash till could!! It was a long and painful process of trying to find a machine that worked properly, understand what it was trying to do but eventually we were successful. You have answered more than your fair share of my queries - so thank you!!

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:48 pm

'Who would have thought trying to pay them would be so difficult - and they wonder why people don't!! '

The truth has been spoken.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:51 pm

Hi bbobandannie,

Looking at the Form 210 I generated yesterday without Digital Signature the anagram is on it.

This would confirm what Beachcomber Posted in 2020............

"However, it the OP is still with us and he needs the anagram he could complete a non digital certificate form and generate the PDF, make a note of the anagram then delete the form."

"You have answered more than your fair share of my queries".............you have an Unlimited account with me......... :)

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Ahh so the "anagram" is the same each year! I have an old form with it on - so I could potentially use that......

..... skips off into the sunset to give it a go, what could possibly go wrong! Lol.

summer_destination
Tourist

Postby summer_destination » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:18 pm

got a reply from AEAT that for the payment associated with the form generated with a digital certificate the anagram is not needed. no acknowledgment/apology for the fact that the instructions are not updated to reflect this but that was not expected anyway.

SV