Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Beachcomber,
Many thanks for info posted so far.
My question.............
If you have two people (married) on the Escritura and the Lawyer has set up only one to pay the Non-Resident Tax in full , how do you split the amount in half so each can pay. The other person has
Etiquetas (self-adhesive labels) . Attempting this last year on the "old" Form 210 didn't work.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 pm

In what way didn't it work? As long as both owners have etiquetas (which are not required on the new forms) you just halve the amount you put in Box 4 (Base imponible) for each of you.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
The Bank pulled up the primary payer and it wasn't linked to the secondary payer so they would only process the full amount on the primary payer.
Having a Digital signature for both parties would the software tie up with the same address :?:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Where weren't the two payers linked? Were you trying to pay through your bank account or in cash? As long as both parties are registered with AEAT there should be no problem paying half each. Which bank was it?

I don't think the digital signature is tied up with an address.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
The bank is Caja Rual, was paying in cash, the Etiquetas (self-adhesive labels) have a slightly different address so maybe that was the problem. Will go for Digital Signatures this year and see how things pan out.
The bank says it doesn't get many of the Form 210, not surprising as if the subject comes up in conversations...............Non-Resident Tax.........."what's that" is the stock answer.
Guess if your Lawyer didn't set it up, and you don't do the Forums then you're not going to hear about it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Enrique wrote:...Guess if your Lawyer didn't set it up, and you don't do the Forums then you're not going to hear about it.
Unless you are a member of andalucia.com. :D

Why did the lawyer only set it up for one payer. The rules are quite clear. He/she was obviously unfamiliar with them as are the majority of banks.
Let's go Brandon!

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Without one you can complete and print out the forms whilst at home in the UK and bring them with you for payment when you next come to Spain provided that it is before the end of the year.
I post mine to my bank with a covering letter explaining the situation and authorising them to debit my account.

The only problem is that sometimes they don't post back my copy with all the lovely stamps and computer code.

I would however make sure your bank understands how to process the form. Because only one or two UK based owners bother to pay the tax even expat branches are unfamiliar with the process.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 pm

No you do not need a digital signature to submit the new style form 210.
Many thanks for the clarification Beachcomber. :wave:

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I would however make sure your bank understands how to process the form. Because only one or two UK based owners bother to pay the tax even expat branches are unfamiliar with the process.
Hi ashtondav
We used the old form 210 last year for the first time (gestor had done it previously), and Banco de Andalucia (as was) in Torre del Mar had no problems with the 7 pages(?) each so 14 sheets in total. The queue of folks behind me weren't madly impressed though.
Fingers crossed that by the time I get there in May, one or two other expats will have been to the bank before me!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 pm

There are now some instructions in English for completing the form 210:

Instructions in English

You should also be aware that the tax rate for 2012 and 2013 is 24,75% not 24%. This will apply in respect of notional tax returns to be completed in 2013 for 2012 and in 2014 for 2013. For those who pay tax on their actual rental income this will apply to the quarterly returns being submitted this year.
Let's go Brandon!

alecd

Postby alecd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Many thanks to Beachcomber for the most comprehensive guide and links to the new 210 tax form.
Even the Firefox ‘FIX’ on the iMac has worked fine. Works on the CHROME browser as well!

I just have two questions……

The 210 form and their PDFs can be generated in Spanish or English.
Do the Spanish Tax Authority accept the English version or is that purely for our guidance purposes and we then need to fill in the Spanish version to present at the bank?

Also, surely the bank take photocopies of the ‘taxpayers copy’ as that information is not filled in on the administration copy?

Thanks again, alecd

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:58 pm

The English version is available directly from the web site and generates a 'número de justificante' so I am sure that it will be accepted in the same way as a Spanish one. I will try to find out for sure.

I don't know how the distribution of the forms works. The bank either reads the bar code or, if the bar code doesn't work, enters the information with the anagram which sends details directly to AEAT. In any case it is important to retain the bank endorsed copies of the returns so that they may be produced in the event of any query.
Let's go Brandon!

alecd

Postby alecd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks again Beachcomber,
I’ll be looking out for your further reply re: English copy of 210 being acceptable

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:51 am

I have successfully obtained and validated my Electronic Signature and is now sitting pretty within my browser’s “certificates”.

My question is: once within the AEAT website, what is the sequence of events in using my Electronic Signature?
Am I “prompted” in using it when filling-in the details on the Modelo 210 electronic form? or, do I use it after I have pressed the “Validar y generar PDF” button?
Also, is there "electronic" confirmation and proof that I have successfully paid the Tax Authorities the monies from my Spanish Bank account?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 pm

You will only be prompted to use the certificate if you use the option 'Presentación Electrónica' then 'Presentación de declaraciones'.

Once you have completed the procedure successfully you will have a validation number and an electronic copy of the completed tax return which you can print out, copy to your computer or access on the AEAT web site at any time.
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm

alecd wrote:
The 210 form and their PDFs can be generated in Spanish or English.
I've just been doing a trial completion and noticed that on the English version the alignment of the data that have been entered within the fields on the generated document is a bit off and the bar code actually obscures the place where the NIE number has to be entered at the top of the "payment" pages. Seeing this I also tried the Spanish version and found that the entered data seems to be better aligned on the generated form.

A couple of other items that I noticed are:-

The first two pages of instructions generated by the English version are in English and so might not be of much help in the case of difficulties when paying in person at a Spanish Bank (if my previous experiences are anything to go by).

In the Spanish version to find the "Codigo Pais" you need to look for Reino Unido rather than United Kingdom.

If these are obvious to everyone then please accept my apologies

One question that maybe Beachcomber could help me with is - where do I find my Property Register Reference? On my Escritura there is a label that I think refers to the Property Register but I don't see an obvious reference no.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Stoker wrote:... where do I find my Property Register Reference? On my Escritura there is a label that I think refers to the Property Register but I don't see an obvious reference no.
This is a mistranslation. What they want is the referencia catastral from your IBI receipt. They seem to have difficulty in comprehending the difference between the Property Registry and Catastro, just like many foreigners!
Let's go Brandon!

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:47 am

Beachcomber wrote: What they want is the referencia catastral from your IBI receipt.
Many thanks Beachcomber.

I can't find a referencia on my IBI bill but there is an Identificativo (20 digits) or a Matricula (8 digits). Is it one of these?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am

Hi stoker,
The referencia catastral is the 20 one