EX-18 Completed form example

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: EX-18 Completed form example

Postby IreneD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

White Horse, we were able to do that with the link I found - they look very neat and tidy :thumbup:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Gerry (or anyone else who might know) if by some miracle everything goes smoothly tomorrow, will we be able to go straight to the INSS office and sort out health care entitlement?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes, assuming that the police accept that you have health cover.

It's a catch 22 situation.

You have to have health cover to get the certificate of registration and you also need the certificate to process your S1 forms to get the health cover.

I wish you luck.

Sid

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I thought that was the whole point of getting the S 1 forms - to prove to the police we are pensioners and entitled to health cover so that they would issue our residencia cards and we could take them and the S1 forms to the INSS office....now I'm really confused :crazy:

Oh well, better try and get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings :(

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:26 pm

To answer your question Enrique, we did first of all get the forms from the government site but they are not the same format as the one Fyfin filled in so have finally found them........it would be ironic if we have to scrap them and use the one on the gobierno site (which one would expect to be the correct ones, after all)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 am

IreneD wrote: ..now I'm really confused :crazy:
:(
You are right to be confused. You will just have to see what happens at the police station.

Nothing would surprise me now that they have changed the rules about proof of income etc.

Each office seems to interpret the rules differently. I remember when they brought in the new registration procedure. Some offices insisted that you had to produce evidence of being on the Padron and at the town hall they would not allow you on the Padron without the registration certificate!

Don't forget to take some photos - I know you don't need them but I had to produce them - I have no idea what they did with them!

At least the Torre office seems to have a reputation for having some people who know what they are doing!

Sid

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, we didn't manage to get seen! We left the house about 10 past 9 but what's normally about a half hour run took well over an hour, loads of traffic, very busy around the police station area so we had to park quite a way away. By the time we got there, getting on for 10.30 all the tickets had been issued so we have to go back manana! Much earlier which doesn't suit me as I don't like getting up early :(

However, we did manage to find the INSS office after a trip right into Velez and vist to the Town Hall to get some maps, so at least we know where to go WHEN (she says optimistically) we are accepted on the registro and get our card.

I have also bought a file with different compartments so can organise all the paperwork more easily instead of the big pile. Funnily enough I am less stressed today.........or maybe I'm just really tired, feel quite zombied out :)

Thanks for all your help yesterday, guys. Sid, we don't have photos so I hope that isn't the stumbling block. I have asked people on my local facebook group and no-one has mentioned photos so fingers crossed we don't need them.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:49 pm

IreneD wrote: I have asked people on my local facebook group and no-one has mentioned photos so fingers crossed we don't need them.
When my wife and I got our new green forms they asked for photos.
I said we didn't have any so they photocopied the ones on our passports.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 pm

You can never be sure. Just before I got mine I asked on the forum if anyone had used the Motril office and did they need photos.

A member had been there a few days before and confirmed that they didn't need them. Needless to say when I went a few days later they wanted them! I always go prepared for the unexpected so I had an envelope full of various sized photos.

As you know, the form asks for names of parents . On the certificate in the relevant box it says "ignored".

Bureaucracy in Spain is such fun!!

Sid

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 pm

I'll get OH to photocopy some of our passport photos then, Gerry, just in case. Thanks!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:28 pm

IreneD wrote:I'll get OH to photocopy some of our passport photos then, Gerry, just in case. Thanks!
Don't forget you will need to take your passports with you.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:36 pm

:D oh yes, they are top of the list! I really think we've got everything they could possibly need and then some!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:21 pm

And IreneD.....when you arrive keep all your paper work close to your chest and only hand over what is asked for.........otherwise if you place it all on the guys desk.........he will thumb through it and see you've not got your Great Grandmothers birth certificate......... :evil:

Watch the video on youtube on how to deal with Spanish Bureaucracy............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXWZ3uAEKsw

PS. Don't forget your stapler........... 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Love that video, Enrique, showed it to OH yesterday - hope we're still laughing tomorrow! It's no wonder a lot of people don't bother, isn't it? I was surprised today at such an early hour (well, ish) to be told we were too late! There was a guy stood by the policeman on the door looking so worried - he said he needed to see someone urgently but didn't speak any Spanish, I told him it was a ticket system and when all the tickets were distributed, that was it. I hope he did manage to get in, poor chap.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

IreneD wrote: I told him it was a ticket system and when all the tickets were distributed, that was it. I hope he did manage to get in, poor chap.
Perhaps the system has changed, again, since we last visited the place.
When we went there we saw the policeman on the door, said we wanted to sign onto the register of foreigners and was told to go in and get a ticket from the lady behind the desk.
These tickets were just for people like us wanting to sign on.
There were people waiting outside to go to other parts of the office.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Bad time of the year to do anything official and there will be thousands of Spanish on holiday with various problems.

75% of the staff will be on holiday.

Sid

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:45 pm

I've just been reading this http://www.surinenglish.com/20120810/ne ... 01124.html and we are now wondering if we should hold fire until we can properly establish what proof of income the police will accept. The only thing is.........heaven forbid, if either of us need hospital treatment are we still OK to use our EHIC forms? I think I'm going to phone Newcastle again tomorrow, actually. Or talk to our gestor. :(

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Don't give in Irene, keep at it. That is a very old report. See how far you can get, you might be lucky and get an unobstructive funcionario.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

We've bottled out, WH and I've written to our gestor for advice. It's all such a minefield, not as straightforward these days, it would seem :thumbdown: Ah well, at least I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, we'll wait and see what she has to say.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

IreneD wrote:I've just been reading this http://www.surinenglish.com/20120810/ne ... 01124.html and we are now wondering if we should hold fire until we can properly establish what proof of income the police will accept. The only thing is.........heaven forbid, if either of us need hospital treatment are we still OK to use our EHIC forms? I think I'm going to phone Newcastle again tomorrow, actually. Or talk to our gestor. :(
How will you ever know if you don't go along and find out :think: If they say you are lacking something then go back with what they want. You are not entitled to use the EHIC unless you lie, which a lot of people do.