house value

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
carrowcrin
Resident

house value

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Not that i have any intention of selling but i am curious as to what the value of my house is and how much profit ??? i have made on my Spanish venture.
When i ask the estate agent all they will say is waffle as to what the market is like and what people are willing to pay, i would just like to know for myself.

any advise?
thanks

ashtondav
Resident

Re: house value

Postby ashtondav » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Find a better estate agent. Afterall they know how much a property sold for. If all they do is waffle ask another one.

You're not going to find an alternative unless you know someone who has recently sold a similar property.

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Try Kyero. You may have to scratch around to find prices in your area, try putting "<your area> property prices" in the search box at the top right.
I would recommend you sit down before you start looking.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:34 pm

"what people are willing to pay,"

Surely you have answered your own question.

anyroads

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:00 pm

anyroads wrote:"what people are willing to pay,"

Surely you have answered your own question.

anyroads
that was not my question if you read again, so i take it you have no idea either....

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Look at rightmove.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:22 pm

:yawn:

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm

barry wrote::yawn:
you should learn to type...

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:53 pm

thanks for replies, i can see now that the whole property thing is a minefield and maybe this is why people are not prepared to put guide prices on properties as is the norm in the UK.
i am glad i did buy when i did as i probably not buy in the current market and therefore not have my Spanish visits.

regards

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Seeing your last post, who needs to learn to type? :crazy:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm

I think it's very, very difficult to assess what your property might be worth from looking at others advertised on websites. Even if you can find a selection of properties in the same location of a very similar size, with similar facilities and in a similar state of decoration to your own, you are likely to find that the asking prices vary hugely. Some, with the higher asking prices, might have been for sale for a very long time.

I'm not planning on selling either, but I try to keep my ear to the ground as to which houses have been sold, for how much, in the immediate vicinity. Other than that, you will never really know until you do put it on the market and discover how much somebody is prepared to offer.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Unfortunately the waffle spouted by the estate agent is probably correct,it's wharever anyone is prepared to pay.
That is if you can find that elusive buyer.
There are 30 identical houses where I am.
Three years ago one sold for 320.000 euros.
There are 6 up for sale now varying between 180 and 350,000 euros and they've been for sale for 2 years without a taker.
So what is the correct price?
The price is whatever the buyer offers and is acceptable to the seller.
I am selling for less euros than I paid,my only saving grace is I bought euros at a very good rate.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 pm

carrowcrin said.......

"Not that i have any intention of selling but i am curious as to what the value of my house is and how much profit ??? i have made on my Spanish venture"

Providing you have not bought in the last seven years, take the price you paid, take off 25%. You could try that for starters !

anyroads

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 pm

anyroads wrote:carrowcrin said.......

"Not that i have any intention of selling but i am curious as to what the value of my house is and how much profit ??? i have made on my Spanish venture"

Providing you have not bought in the last seven years, take the price you paid, take off 25%. You could try that for starters !

anyroads
maybe i should have said this at the outset.
House is new build in an area where most of the houses sold are typical Spanish houses so there is very little to compare with in regard to what is on the open market....

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Value a house when no info on how many rooms of what type, what area it is in, quality of build and legal paper work, all utilitys connected. Your having a laugh! Just get more estate agents opinion and take an average and reduce that by half, then be prepared to take a hit on that.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:47 pm

barry wrote:Value a house when no info on how many rooms of what type, what area it is in, quality of build and legal paper work, all utilitys connected. Your having a laugh! Just get more estate agents opinion and take an average and reduce that by half, then be prepared to take a hit on that.
with your comments, no surprise at the cave house.
no hit no intention of selling, its surprising people decide to use forums for negative silly comments

thanks

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 am

carrowcrin wrote:with your comments, no surprise at the cave house.
What an ignorant comment. There's nothing wrong with caves houses. Cool in the summer without the need for air-con, ecological, spacious (at least mine is) and low-cost.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:49 am

I think the most important thing is to decide what is the lowest you are prepared to sell for and move up from there. I know a few who have withdrawn their properties from the market as they are not prepared to go any lower. Most Agents in Spain don't have a clue as to value right now. They will just quote as low as possible.

The difficulty in Spain is there is not transparent information like Zoopla in the UK where you can check valid prices of what houses are selling/sold for in your area.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:05 am

As katy says,UK is easy.
I know in my London Borough ,which is beside the Thames ,quite affluent,and with good transport links into the city,a simple terraced 2 up 2 down is upwards of 500k,a four bedroom is about a million,and these houses
are nothing special.Using nethouse prices you can trace the selling price back several years.
Spain is a different kettle of fish,what one person is prepared to sell for has no relevance to the house sold last week or next week(if you're lucky)
The supply of property is just too great to get an idea of price and unfortunately if you're a seller,the buyer has the whip hand.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am

and how many sellers have declared the true price they got?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.