Proposed "Offenses Against Spain" bill.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
knowal
Resident

Re: Proposed "Offenses Against Spain" bill.

Postby knowal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Heads, sadly... :thumbdown:

Should I add "allegedly"

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 am

White Horse wrote:Heads, sadly... :thumbdown:

Should I add "allegedly"
Heads they win then !

anyroads

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 pm

It is worrying, those kind of laws existed under Franco when even many fiestas were banned because of citizens meeting together. However, it could be just as Lavanda's "friend" views it. Not sure about Rajoy he certainly seems to be moving further to the right. Also saw this "The Spanish Government has included Gibraltar in a list of potential ‘risks or threats’ to its national maritime security.". Maybe just all in the plan of distraction from his corrupt party.

Interesting thread, nearly degenerated to a WAUKT one but pulled back :D

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:05 am

Well apart from the many dozens of official complaints which have been made to the EU about this proposed new law, none of which have been investigated yet, the EU has independently informed Spain that the law must be modified/dropped as it breaches various articles on EU citizens freedom/rights.
Todos somos Lorca.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:10 am

..............and here, in the freedom loving, free speech country of the UK we have this:-
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/36 ... -c-w-cooke

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Maybe the government have a eye towards the Arab 'spring' which was a product of a massive number of well educated young people armed with social media. With all the recent reportings of alleged scandal and fraud the young must see a vast financial gap and have the impression that nothing is being done for them or their futures. I know a young Spanish man of 30, an engineer, who was made redundant 2 years ago. He has to live with his family, has no girlfriend, no prospects and has seemingly given up. The kids do not even look in Gibraltar now for obvious reasons.
During the 'good' years many gave up studies for well paid work on building sites and the like. And many young had only known the so called 'good' years during which general aspiration grew. Also many got mortgages way too high guaranteed by parents and grandparents.
I think there is almost no way out.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm

The new law has attracted some demonstrations. RTV showed demonstrators being hit by Police with batons. A result of this the Government has ordered some water canon trucks.

El anuncio se publica en el BOE unas horas después de los incidentes de la concentración Rodea el Congreso, que el pasado sábado reunió en Madrid a entre 2.000 y 5.000 personas (1.500 manifestantes, según la policía). El acto, convocado la tarde del sábado por la plataforma Coordinadora 25S para rodear el Congreso de los Diputados para rechazar la nueva Ley de Seguridad Ciudadana, que limitará las protestas sociales, terminó con cargas policiales y enfrentamientos entre parte de los concentrados y los antidisturbios. En los incidentes hubo 23 heridos (14 de ellos policías nacionales) y siete detenidos

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Yes I saw it on this morning news, it looks pretty violent to me :(
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:52 pm

I watch the Spanish news at least once a day on TVE1 but have not seen any mention of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ptS-NqAyag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... tsS1K7uSl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... iGdCIYcctY

The convoy of police vans driving slowly along the street in the third video is disturbingly reminiscent of the tanks and other army vehicles on the streets of Valencia doing the same thing in the early hours of the attempted coup in 1981.

It looks as though we may have to stock up the food cupboard and batten down the hatches!
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Like my friend here said on finding out how many rows of potatoes my OH was planting, "Grow more potatoes. We have to feed the village!" :shock: