Britain Leaving EEC - discuss!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
rafiki
Resident

Re: Britain Leaving EEC - discuss!

Postby rafiki » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:40 pm

anyroads wrote:"Brussels is a graveyard for failed politicians"

Surely you mean gravy train, katy ?
:clap: :thumbup:
...I despair that Labour could set back the UK for years to come.
Agreed. They always have done and, with present 'policies', will continue to do so in the future should they manage to win another election. :cry:
Brian.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 pm

As a card carrying member of the "blue party", I despair that Labour could set back the UK for years to come.

anyroads
It's both, they move to Brussels when their career in the UK is dead and then join the gravy train...their idea of heaven :D

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

katy wrote:

As a card carrying member of the "blue party", I despair that Labour could set back the UK for years to come.

anyroads
It's both, they move to Brussels when their career in the UK is dead and then join the gravy train...their idea of heaven :D
The Welsh windbag springs to mind.

anyroads

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

I like watching this chap when hes in theses meetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93yjako2j8
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:59 pm

If that prat Milibank gets in......

There may be lots more leaving the country !

anyroads

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm

As a card carrying member and activist for UKIP, I cannot see any difference between Labour, LibDems or Tories. (Apart from sex scandals!)
None want a referendum: none trust the British people.
As far as the EU budget is concerned the UK sends the EU £53 million per day! Yes - some of it returns as EU "grants" i.e. our own money recycled with a whack off the top for expenses.
That is what drives the EU to spend a lot of effort and money (ours!) campaigning to keep the UK in the scam.
They need our dosh!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 am

Yes! I'm voting UKiP as well but not because I want them in power (they won't achieve that, thank goodness) but because I want change and a revolution and a clear message sent to 'the establishment' that they must listen to the electorate. Why did I write 'thank goodness'? UKiP don't have much of a clue outside 'leave the EU' and Farage is not to be trusted. He's a politician. He wants power. Like them all.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am

I think, despite some claims by unrealistic enthusiasts, most UKIP members realise, certainly in the UK with its first past the post voting system, that we won't be IN power.
We will probably do quite well in the EU elections in May. If so, it is hoped that waverers will realise that if you vote UKIP you may well get UKIP. We also hope that with many district council elections on the same day that those will "piggy-back" on the EU votes.
We are seeking to emulate the LibDems (not in every way!) by building local power bases and gain valuable political experience, with a view to targeting specific seats in the General Election in 2015.
We may get a handful of MPs. If so we may be in a position, in Parliament, to influence things somewhat depending on its political make-up.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 pm

It seems to me that if you took Farage out of the picture, UKIP really would be a pretty pathetic lot! A couple of weeks ago there was a UKIP guy on the BBC "Any Questions" panel and what a useless contributor he was. UKIP bangs on about the EU and not much else. Let's face it if they ever got into Parliament they would soon be like the rest there.
I have always wondered why Farage doesn't stand again as a Westminster candidate rather than enjoy the riches of being an MEP. I guess that deep down he knows he stands little chance of being elected.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Every day we get better!

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetory ... eader.html

From Conservative Home

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:13 am

I shall vote UKIP because any party that wants to get out of the EU is the only alternative. Of course there are some nutters in the party....as there are In all the other parties (although they don't get such a bad press) notice since the last poll when UKIP are on 26% that the slander has started. The lefties at the BBC are in full attack mode.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Lavanda wrote:Yes! I'm voting UKiP as well but not because I want them in power (they won't achieve that, thank goodness) but because I want change and a revolution and a clear message sent to 'the establishment' that they must listen to the electorate.
Is this what you want?
http://news.sky.com/story/1197250/ukip- ... y-marriage
A sort of Mid West American view on things.
And somebody called Miliband a prat.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

The man was a TORY councillor when he first made that claim! Where was the outrage then?
He has been suspended from UKIP - not for his PERSONAL views, (odd though they may be) but because he, despite requests to desist, used his status AS A UKIP COUNCILLOR to repeat them.
Faux outrage still lives!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh, so Nigel Farage doesn't just want The UK to exit The EU.
http://www.ibtimes.com/legalize-handgun ... ge-1547679
He isn't a one policy politician after all

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:26 am

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:05 am

pigs-might-fly wrote:The man was a TORY councillor when he first made that claim! Where was the outrage then?
He has been suspended from UKIP - not for his PERSONAL views, (odd though they may be) but because he, despite requests to desist, used his status AS A UKIP COUNCILLOR to repeat them.
Faux outrage still lives!
Yes strange that all the "outrage" has surged since the polls showed UKIP ON 26%. Stranger still that this nutter wasn't noticed until he joined UKIP. There are lots of idiots in all parties but. The media doesn't pick up on it.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:16 am

Of course UKiP is full of nutters. So are the other parties. They are all after 'power' and telling people what to do and when to do it while not doing anything of the sort themselves. They want to live on the back of the hard work of others while screwing every last penny out of the taxpayer to line their own pockets. They want the 'celeb' lifestyle, too, and that's what all the posturing by idiots like Farage is all about. They think they are on the Red Carpet every time they go out. I don't trust ANY of them.

That's why I like living where I do. It is possible to not connect with the 'real' world at all. In our village we have everything we need and want and if we haven't got it someone will source it for us. It should be possible to extrapolate that into the wider world but somehow the 0.01% of the people in the world who are meglomanical nutters end up in power. Why, oh why, do WE do that to ourselves?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:17 am

Lavanda wrote:
That's why I like living where I do. It is possible to not connect with the 'real' world at all.
High percentages of UKIP seem to manage this in the UK.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 am

pigs-might-fly wrote:http://www.thecommentator.com/article/4 ... ess_crisis
If Spain hadn't been in the EU, they could have devalued their currency. This would have helped them get out of recession. As they are in the EU, they can't as rates are set by the central bank.
Dave

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Without membership of the EU, Spain wouldn't have benefitted from all the EU Funding that modernized the Country - new roads, rail links etc.