Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Postby olive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Bought something off Amazon 10 days ago that we needed fairly quickly for an elderly relative.

Amazon shipped with DPD and their tracking showed it arrive at Barcelona last Wed midnight. Made it to Granada for out for delivery on Thursday. Didn't arrive. Next day shown as incomplete address (it was complete). Rang MRW central in Spain and they gave me the Phone number of Granada office. rang them. Delivery Friday. It wasn't. Nothing happens next due to weekend.

Monday back on the phone to MRW central. Out for delivery Monday. Get them to ring me and I will meet them anywhere. It wasn't delivered.

Tuesday shown out for delivery by SEUR!!!. Rang them and assured Tuesday evening. At 5 p.m. rang just to check. Cannot deliver tonight. I said it was urgent. The call centre put me onto the driver who said if you can meet me halfway after 8p.m. I can get it to you.

Of course everyone concerned will pat themselves on the back and believe they did a great job :clap: :clap: , they didn't.

No point in complaining to anyone.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:04 pm

SEUR seem to have a very poor record. I know quite a few on this Forum like them but most have developed relationships with the local delivery drivers.
I bought a tablet from Amazon Spain and paid for and was promised next day delivery. It never happened. I spoke to the Malaga office on three consecutive days and was promised delivery the next day. stayed in three days. Eventually cancelled the order. Amazon were not interested.
Then my wife ordered a jacket from the UK and was promised DHL delivery direct for an extra charge. She paid this. The jacket got from Nottingham to Malaga in one day, and, you've guessed, it was passed to SEUR. They claimed two failed deliveries before we eventually got it. They took five days to deliver the last 50 kms. On phoning SEUR in Malaga, we were told that they could not afford to phone everyone they could not find.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 pm

In defence of SEUR we regularly buy our dog food from Madrid and it always arrives next day. I have recently bought two items from Amazon ES on their Premium facility. Estimated 2-3 day delivery both delivered next day.

MRW is OK around here too.
Brian.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:30 pm

I've just made an order with amazon.co.uk. I expect it will come with MRW but, as with any delivery we have had from them it will be a non-delivery and I will need to collect from their office, a 40 minute drive away.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Most of these couriers are franchisees I think so I guess we are lucky with both here. I noticed the other day that even the UPS van is owned by a contractor.
Brian.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

The answer is to stop buying things you can't get locally or from The Book Depository. :D :D :D

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 pm

I only buy things I need or want but sometimes I can't get everything locally, or Amazon is a better price.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 pm

I have had three experiences with SEUR, all bad. They totally lost documents which I sent on two separate occasions and wanted me to drive 40km to their depot in Los Boliches to collect some documents which had been send from an office just up the road from theirs.

MRW, on the other hand, has never let me down. The driver delivers to the gate of my fairly isolated finca on a regular basis.
Let's go Brandon!

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 am

Wow, how it varies. I have had 2 deliveries in the last couple of weeks. Both supposedly SEUR but one was delivered by MRW. No problem with either.
I am just waiting for another one. SEUR have emailed last night to say it was coming today but I could change to another day. They texted and emailed at 8.20 am to say it was coming today and they have just 'phoned now 9.20 am or so to say they are in Marbella and will be here soon, and checked the address and directions.He said they would call if they could not find me when they got to Estepona.
I really cannot complain about that service. I had bedded down for the day but it seems they will be here within the hour.
As has been said previously, it depends on the depot/driver. I suppose also that there are probably loads of deliveries from Malaga down the coast so a better service than for those of you inland.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am

And my parcel as described in previous post, has just arrived! Before 10am! I have my day back!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 am

When using any courier services I think that your location does affect deliveries dramatically.
We have had many deliveries and collections with great efficiency and on time , but also a few occasions when service hasn't been great.
I think also that it is important to remember that most of the drivers are self-employed and get paid only small amounts for each delivery, so obviously they may wait to get a few deliveries together to make it viable, not ideal for the customer..but a 'fact of life'.
As I appreciate the hard job and long hours for poor rewards that they get, I always give the driver a small tip, which has always been much appreciated by them.
With regard to deliveries by Correos, I have to say that for many years now we have received excellent service both outgoing and incoming mail and parcels.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 am

Re buying decisions: we recently gave OH's granddaughter in the UK a slow cooker via Amazon.uk brand new Morphy Richards, 6.5 litre, GBP 20 with free delivery. Ordered Monday, arrived Leeds Tuesday.
Price for inferior brand on Amazon.es, €45, free delivery with Amazon Premium membership, via any of the useless (in our area) MRW/SEUR lot.
No contest.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Courier companies who "win the contract" to deliver internationally-ordered goods to the Customer (that's us), have done so by undertaking to deliver the goods to the customer. Sounds good, but, in practice, if you live outside a built-up area (eg in the campo), these companies (and/or their drivers) often completely fail to deliver to the customer's address.

A parcel might be
- dumped with a local business, bar or town hall
- returned to the local depot, marked "Insufficiently/Incorrectly Addressed"
- returned to the local depot, and forgotten
- returned to the sender ("Unable to deliver", "Problem with Address", or some such).

Such 'delivery' tactics have been, and are still, practised by DHL, SEUR, and others. UPS have a slightly better track record (for us). FedEx (here) hands its local parcels to ChronoExpress (the parcel division of Correos) for delivery. CE have an efficient Malaga office, and regular daily local runs.

Such courier companies have a contract with Amazon and the like to deliver - i.e. take the whatever reasonable action is necessary to get the parcel into the Customer's hands. Simply looking at an address and deciding it's rural, so we won't bother, just isn't good enough. It's also in breach of their contract with the Sender.

Reasonable steps would include ringing the Customer, sending an email, advising the Sender, and sub-contracting for local end-delivery.

MRW, for us, works really well. They won't deliver to our campo address, but everything they receive for us is intercepted at their Torre del Mar office, and we get a phone call from there (or Madrid) to say there's something to collect. If only the others would do something similar.

Many senders, it turns out, have no idea that their contracted courier regularly lets so many their customers down in this way. At every opportunity, we should tell them!
Chris

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Yesterday we got a text message from MRW to say they had tried to deliver a package but we were out. Can't say if they had or not because we were out shopping. Text gave a phone number, which was the Torre del Mar office. I rang straight away as I was just down the road. They said it was at the office and it was! Within 5 minutes of getting the text I had my package. Better than the previous occasion when they had said they would keep it at the office, but didn't. Hope it continues.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 am

Good news, Steve. We find the Torre del Mar office very good, especially if you attack the staff with irresistible cheefulness!
Chris

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 am

TorreDelAguila wrote:Good news, Steve. We find the Torre del Mar office very good, especially if you attack the staff with irresistible cheefulness!
They can be OK but they can be terrible. I have posted before about calling them and arranging to collect a parcel from their office, only to find after driving 40 minutes that the parcel had gone out in the van. They have also claimed on their tracking site they they couldn't deliver because I wasn't in but I was in, specifically waiting for them. Three times they have claimed y address was wrong but, on checking, it was correct. But at least they have an office you can go to!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Expected another parcel tomorrow. Courier at the UK end was DPD. They didn't tell me who would deliver at this end but expected delivery tomorrow. Turns out at this end it is SEUR. They phoned metoday so say they had tried to deliver this morning, we were out, but left parcel with neighbour. So, early delivery and I don't have to drive to pick it up. Fortunately my neighbours are trustworthy because the DPD tracking site says I signed for the parcel myself! Why not just put it was left with the neighbour?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 am

Ordered a book from The Book Depository four days ago and it arrived by post yesterday. For books, I never, never go anywhere else - and they are in Glouscestershire so that means local jobs there.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Anyone who has seen my post re carpet shampoo can now put me down as a psychic! MRW due to deliver today, text at 8pm saying they can't find my address, please ring office. Ring office in Torre del Mar, stroppy man repeats unable to deliver, so I guilelessly ask what time tomorrow? Spluttering at end of phone, increase in speed and weight of accent, something about "Comares", I then ring off rather than abuse the imbecile (lol) and make complaint to Amazon UK customer services. If others here took a stand and insisted on parcels being delivered into their hand at their house, we might all get better service?
I have paid Amazon for delivery, and will not give in until I get it!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

All the couriers are as bad as each other claiming they can't find the address.2 weeks ago we saw a MRW delivery man walk past our house,that they claim does not exist,and deliver to a house belonging to a Spanish person.When we got into the square below we noticed his moto with a package of something medical just laid in the footwell.
It seems that it is just us Guiri's they can't find,maybe we should all put Spanish names on our orders. :silent:
I've had my delivery charges refunded 3 times by Amazon after complaining about couriers.