Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Epic fail MRW and SEUR

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 pm

eazbak wrote:If they know where you are but day they are unable to locate your address Peter then there can only be one reason why they do not want to come to your house.
Go on then, tell us your theory...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 pm

You always offer them a drink and then press your hospitality further and offer 'one for the road'. Single-handedly you have got most of the drivers a ticket for tipsy driving. Word's got out. You're just too nice. :D

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Many couriers over the years have found your place.......but none have ever returned? :mrgreen:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 am

Mowser wrote: EDIT: Quick change of mind. They're rubbish! I did another check on my email from SEUR and it said it had been delivered. I phoned them and was told it was left in the shop at the bottom of the street yesterday! I asked why I hadn't been told where the packet was. If it were possible, I'm sure I detected a shrug of the shoulders.
I bet their tracking site said YOU had signed for it! That's happened to me more than once.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Had to deliveries from SEUR this week deliered to my front door. Today expected another one which it turned out MRW were bringng. Driver phoned, askinh where I was.I tol him I was a h petrol station but my wife was in the house to acceptdlivry. He didn't turn up. Turned out he was looking forirctions o the house. We are in our village house so hecould have aske anyone in the village. Don't they have satnav? Seems not
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:18 pm

They don't even have a map or any sort of 'nav', just lots of excuses why they fail to deliver...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 am

I ordered an item from Amazon last night at 7pm. It arrived at 9.30 this morning via MRW. They call me and leave it at the garage 2 minutes away.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:26 am

I get the same excellent service from MRW but the driver is a neighbour who lives just down the lane.
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 am

I can't wait for everyone to start using drones to deliver orders. With the drones creating massive unemployment we will all be sitting at home, ordering on-line and having our orders dropped from the heavens. The roads should be clear, completely clear, by 2020. In the meanwhile I am creating my Drone Drop District on one of my hills so the drones can easily see where my orders should be dropped. It will beat MRW, SEUR and and all the rest of them and serve them right — in my opinion.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:36 pm

The courier companies who routinely fail to deliver to campo addresses are, it seems, all operating in breach of their contracts with their suppliers.

If conversations with Amazon are anything to go by (and we've had a couple, at managerial level), then these companies have won their contracts on the basis of delivering to the customer. Amazon said that anything else would simply not be possible, and that, if they chose to sub-contract the end delivery, then this end deliverer would be bound by the requirement too.

The ONLY sensible course of action is for us - the customers - to raise a complaint of non-delivery each time something does not appear, particularly in the case of SEUR's much over-used excuse of "incorrectly or incompletely addressed".

Amazon and others will finally realise the need to police their delivery arrangements properly, if for no other purpose than to avoid hugely expensive follow-ups and replacement deliveries.

It really is down to us to complain, and not to simply drive to someone's distant depot or office (140km for us in the case of SEUR, their local copy-shop offices being useless) every time something doesn't happen.

One workaround is to have your goods delivered to an urban address, but this shouldn't be necessary, and simply perpetuates the couriers' lazy and dishonest practices.
Chris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 pm

I have tried and tried to point this out to fellow sufferers, but all I get is "well they don't get much for doing it" or "I don't want to cause trouble".......
wimps!

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Interesting Reading, we have epic fails everytime with SEUR, same as above but MRW for us is the best thing sice sliced bread, if we are out he takes to the Registro de Propiadad and we collect there, never a fail, I sigh deeply when I see anything coming with SEUR, Classic last week was unknown phone number(they said) so tell me why did we have 3 automated calls from them lol

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:34 pm

After years of being lumbered with SEUR-routed packages, I can honestly say they are absolutely the worst of the bunch, and by a vast margin. All the excuses - address incomplete, address unknown, incorrectly addressed, etc etc - are trotted out. No attempt to deliver beyond the limits of a village or town, even where the road is tarmac'd.

Everyone else (DHL, ChronoExpress, UPS) does better, with MRW coming a clear top for us. Just a shame that Amazon started to explore alternatives to MRW, but have obviously recently had second thoughts.

SEUR seem to typify the "couldn't care less" attitude of the very worst of certain Spanish service companies. In that, they are in the delightful company of Endesa and Telefonica.

Complain we must, but not to SEUR, but to the companies that engage them, like Amazon. And complain politely but firmly, and often. Insist on a replacement despatch. There's nothing so effective as making a complaint that costs the supplier money. And if enough of us do it, and often, they WILL get the message.

Unless it's a matter of life or death, DO NOT trek over to SEUR (or whoever's) distant warehouse. They are contracted to deliver to your door. Insist on it, or give them an alternative delivery address.

However, it might be most practical to use a local address (friendly shop, garage, business) where any courier can drop goods without problem. Lots of businesses are now offering this, and it can work well.
Chris

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:45 pm

I must put in a word in support of Seur. It obviously depends very much on location. I get an email the evening before to expect a delivery; then, by 9.30 am on the day, another advising the time of delivery window (1 hour) which is almost always accurate. I needed to courier a package to UK recently and chose Seur without hesitation. MRW used to be tops for me but slid way down when the franchise moved.
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm

I now feel I must do the same with SEUR.

The last time I had a delivery by SEUR the driver called me and I met him near my home. As we were not far away I showed him where I live.

The day before yesterday I received an email from SEUR telling me a parcel was going to be delivered the next day. I replied confirming my landline and mobile telephone numbers and yesterday I had a call from the driver. I described where I live and said that I had shown him my house on a previous occasion. He said that he remembered and was at the gate about five minutes later.
Let's go Brandon!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 pm

I agree. I have never had a problem with SEUR and they always keep me advised. MRW are just as good, but they don't offer the option to change the delivery date.

I understand it that the local offices/depots are franchises which is why it can be so variable, so the best way of complaining will be to SEUR head office with a copy to Amazon.

Sid

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Seur point blank refuse to deliver to my village because it is too far. Twice now they have refused and Amazon have resent using Correous. I was promised a delivery on Tuesday to my local restaurant. They have texted me twice to say they need more details of my address. They have everything including route number. They refuse to phone me as this is not their policy. They will deliver to a village 16 km away and 400 m lower and leave it at the Ferreteria. Dreadful service.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Some of us are obviously getting a good service from SEUR, which is good to know.
Looks, though, that they are unwilling - literally - to go the extra mile / few km to rural addresses like Los Ventorros (only 3km from Comares, down full tarmac) and the populated campo outside Sayalonga (in our case).

If they aren"t making enough margin from their deliveries to urban addresses to support the occasional run to rural locations (fully postcoded and addressed, I might add), then they only have themselves to blame. In all likelihood, it's a deliberate business decision.

Of course they will do a good job in taking our parcels for onward despatch: we turn up at their offices, and give them the money. Tried a collection from home?

Just wonder how much of very rural Spain they don't deliver to...

Anyway, good to know there are some happy customers. Just that we, and almost all of our neighbours, aren't among them.
Chris

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:24 am

MRW do not deliver in Extremadura unless you live in a large population centre. SEUR does deliver but leaves packages at various restaurants or a builder's suppliers on the main road, rings up to let you know what they have done and people collect from these places. Of course that is not what they are paid to do but, to be honest, no one should come down our lane and we even pick visitors up so they don't trash their vehicles on the last kilometre. SEUR, at least comes close. MRW do not.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm

I get deveries from both Seur and MRW. After a while, they have got to know what time I'm at home or at work. In the afternoon they deliver to my workplace.
I couldn't ask for more.