interesting article

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

interesting article

Postby asiwalkedout » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:46 am

don't turn your dream into reality or it could turn in to your worst nightmare!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: interesting article

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Agreed, interesting - I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but I thought it was well-written and balanced :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 pm

it does seem that spain has shot itself in the foot with this new asset declaration requirement, given the rich will have it all tucked away safely and as always it's just an extra worry for those who have worked hard for what little they have but the UK is just as bad if not worse so not sure these people are going to find any respite there
don't turn your dream into reality or it could turn in to your worst nightmare!

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:27 pm

I assume that you have to declare in the same way in the UK. I don't know as I have not been there for ages. I am sure someone on here knows.
I think the shooting in the foot in Spain was the level of the fines. Rather like the energy certificate.
I had a flat elsewhere, which I always declared, sold it last year and was told I had to pay CGD on it. Just did the return with my Spanish accountant last week and, proving there is a God, I had nothing to pay, all to do with how long you had had etc etc. And he only charges 30 euros for the return. Money well spent. In fact the government owed me 1.45 euro, but I said keep it! :thumbup: