Hells, Bells and Smells ...!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Nimrod
Resident

Re: Hells, Bells and Smells ...!!

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 am

Personal insults, tut,tut.
Looks like the grammar police are back again.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:22 am

A Clear case of SMS.....sadly untreatable

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 am

firsttango wrote:A Clear case of SMS.....sadly untreatable
You wouldn't be insulting me in public so why are you hiding behind anonymity and doing so on this forum.
I have a different point of view to you,that's all.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 am

OK, back on topic please before it comes to blows!

Sid

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 am

Thank you Sid,it saved me pm'ing you.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 am

I just thought about another minor irritating point....
It is when expats fall out over minor irritating points..... :lol:

Keep laughing, it keeps the blood pressure down.... :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 am

firsttango wrote:As per my quote I said "The Majority" not "All" and was assuming that you'd exclude the bank as we all know that that is an exception.
With regard to your parking with immunity (whatever you mean by that or did you perhaps mean" impunity") on zebra crossings you quite obviously have never been to Brixton High St, Goldhawk Rd (Shepherds bush in general, St Pauls in Bristol, Toxteth, Salford.... and the list is endless...oh and yes I have lived in all the places mentioned.
Living in one of those places could be termed bad luck but, all of them :shock: was you either a Policeman or an Activist :mrgreen:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Well I'm off to Toxteth in about half an hour for a bit of stuff from a Chinese supermarket there, then over to New Brighton for a go on the waltzer and a walk up the promenade :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Anyone who thinks the items on my list are typical Brit whinges should come to one of the neighbourhood meetings we have in my area with our local Councillors (except they probably wouldn't understand a word of what was being said). The first two on the list are invariably the top ones raised by my Spanish neighbours.

In the last twelve months I've been in the bank, the Endesa office and the Aqualia office when a Spanish customer (and not the same one on all 3 occasions :lol: ) has kicked off in no uncertain terms about the fact that the majority of the staff have gone off on a coffee break leaving just one person to attend to the ever growing queue. Hasn't got them anywhere, of course, but I suppose letting off steam might have made them feel a bit better. Well actually it did work in the bank, she buttonholed the manager and gave him an earful, and he went behind the counter and started serving people. We felt like cheering her!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:Well I'm off to Toxteth in about half an hour for a bit of stuff from a Chinese supermarket there, then over to New Brighton for a go on the waltzer and a walk up the promenade :mrgreen:
Just keep off the candy floss :D

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Living in one of those places could be termed bad luck but, all of them :shock: was you either a Policeman or an Activist :mrgreen:[/quote]

:lolno: No, just a jobbing actor and aspiring cross-dresser....had to go where the work was :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Oh and has anyone tried to renew a passport in the U.K recently?? Apparently theres a bit of a queue there also :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Is this turning into a what about the UK then thread then....how novel :roll: :thumbdown:

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Benidorm... Back to your original post.. I think after 10 years we now go with the flow, but the one thing I can't get used too is the dog barking.. Do you think Spanish are immune to it? I have said several times to neighbours 'that dog kept us awake barking' for them to say 'we didn't hear it'..now I just don't bother!

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Of course there are irritations. We wouldn't be human if we didn't whinge now and again.

The bureaucracy here defies belief sometimes. I am sure that most of us could tell a tale or two about that. It wasn't always straightforward in the UK either.

Litter and the apparent blindness to the rubbish dumped in such beautiful places annoys me so much that I sometimes do a litter-picking run. I did the same in the UK.

Absolutely agree with Gordon though. We are very lucky to be here. I have enough money to live on; smashing neighbours; lots of interesting things to do. I'm getting a bit creaky but I can still climb trees.
Life out here in the sticks is pretty good.

Oh! . . . . . . one irritation . . . . . . . my resident sparrows have been eating my grapes. Little monsters!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:52 pm

There is only one thing in my life that bugs me and that is certain A.com members who insist on quoting in full the post immediately prior to the one they are making. It is pointless, confusing and a total and utter waste of space (and it drives me around the bend).Image (Luckily I have plenty of hair to pull out!)

Thankfully I currently have some control over this but, please, only quote from posts further back in the thread in order to make clear what your current post refers to or, if necessary, just quote selectively from the post immediately prior to yours if it is long and rambling (What??? on A.com?) and you are referring to a certain point within it. :thumbup:
Let's go Brandon!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Beachcomber wrote:There is only one thing in my life that bugs me and that is certain A.com members who insist on quoting in full the post immediately prior to the one they are making. It is pointless, confusing and a total and utter waste of space (and it drives me around the bend).Image (Luckily I have plenty of hair to pull out!)

Thankfully I currently have some control over this but, please, only quote from posts further back in the thread in order to make clear what your current post refers to or, if necessary, just quote selectively from the post immediately prior to yours if it is long and rambling (What??? on A.com?) and you are referring to a certain point within it. :thumbup:
I totally agree with you.
Sorry couldn't resist it. :angel:
Gerry Harris

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 pm

How sad, Live and let live. The Spanish have lots of annoying practices but so do the Brits. Live and let live and get on with your lives and make the most of this lovely country with its brilliant weather. I have better things to do than whinge.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Beachcomber wrote:There is only one thing in my life that bugs me and that is certain A.com members who insist on quoting in full the post immediately prior to the one they are making. It is pointless, confusing and a total and utter waste of space (and it drives me around the bend).Image (Luckily I have plenty of hair to pull out!)

Can you point out where actually anyone has done this in this thread....I don,t see any that linked immediately :?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Well Said Luckyjim and Mariacrisina :thumbup: