Movistar Answer Phone

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Movistar Answer Phone

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Got this from citizens advice bureau, Spain for those that aren't aware of the change. From tomorrow, if you have a Movistar landline and call the appropriate number to see if you have any messages you will be charged 5 cents each time. At the moment it is free. Don't know about mobiles but You normally get a text to tell you so may not apply.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

curatokid
Resident

Re: Movistar Answer Phone

Postby curatokid » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I understand there is also a two euro a month standing charge, plus IVA of course, just cancelled ours.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

I've always been amazed that it was free. We use it a lot and I am happy to pay a pittance every month for such a useful service.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I have never been a fan of answerphones either landline or mobile. If people want to speak to me and I don't answer they just have to call again.

In the rare event that I see from the CLI that it was someone I actually want to speak to I call them back but answerphones and voicemail are turned off on all of my telephones.

If you want an answering service but don't want to pay Movistar for the privilege just buy an answering machine or a telephone with its own answering facility.
Let's go Brandon!

Simon&Julie

Postby Simon&Julie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Sorry to bother you on this, but do you know how to turn voicemail off on Movistar?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:18 pm

On a landline press #10#

On a mobile call 22537 and select option 5 or if you have a Mi Movistar online account you can do it from there under 'Servicios de mi linea'. There is no charge to access voicemail on a mobile.

Other instructions regarding the Movistar mobile voicemail can be found here:

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/mov ... n-movistar

I have just noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum, but please do not quote an immediately previous post in its entirety when you reply. You will see that I have deleted the quote from your post.
Let's go Brandon!