WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE PETITION

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE PETITION

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 pm

:silent: :silent:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:45 pm

lets hope what they save from not paying the wfa they spend on something like potholes and not romanian gypos.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:15 pm

I have added my signature to the petition and hope that the government do reconsider their decision. My eleven years in Spain were really enjoyable, but time spent at home in the winter months were the coldest I have encountered. We heated one room with a wood burner and the rest of the house was 12 -14 celsius on a good day. My husband had his basic state pension which was our main income but as we had moved from UK before reaching retirement age he did not receive the WFA. Why do they think that Spain is always warm? and other countries for that matter. How can France not be cold enough to need the WFA - ever heard of the French Alps?
Anyone that believes they should not receive this payment, or does not need it as they are financially well off, could always return it. If they did this it may help change the situation.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

The will not accept it. Even Alan Sugar receives it and he has tried to stop them from sending it to him without success so he pays into a charity :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Laslomas wrote: How can France not be cold enough to need the WFA - ever heard of the French Alps?
When I lived in South West France the temperature was minus 10 in the winter and often didn't get above zero during the day. We couldn't afford to heat more than a few rooms and the others were around 5 degrees. (It was so cold in the house when we moved in that the fridge wouldn't start up as the room temperature was less than the 6 degrees the fridge was set at :crazy: ) We used to watch the BBC weather forecast for the UK in the winter and invariably it was warmer there (including Scotland) than in France.

According newspaper reports, the average French temperatures used to calculate whether it is officially 'warm' or not apparently include their dependencies in the Indian Ocean. Perhaps the Spanish averages includes the Canaries?

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Manchesteral wrote:I will NOT be signing this petition although I will be a pensioner myself in less than eighteen months.

We're talking about £200 here c'mon if your lifesyle relies on £200 then you're living the wrong kind of life, this "benefit" was designed by the labour loonies who have left us in the broth, to boost votes from expats, we pay enough out, enough is enough !

You get your pension which you may or may not be entitled to (depending on how much you've paid in, but, if you choose to live abroad then you really need to do your sums if you're relying on £200 !!
It isn't the amount but the principle. & it was implemented as a way of 'increasing ' pensions without making them permanent . Nothing to do with vote grabbing by the labour scum.
If you allow the precedent to be set then the next attempt will be for the UK payments to be stopped. Additionally they are talking about removing any non-resident personal tax allowance . Once you allow the scum to start then they won't stop . The amount in total is negligible, some 22 million so it would appear that there is some alternative agenda as they send more to Poland as child benefit.
Additionally That piece of filth, IDS , has really worked the oracle including France . Can't see that it will stand up in court when it all goes to the EU as including " French Polynesia " & all the rest of the independent territories to increase the temperature is hardly an "EU" average ? :lolno:

It just goes to show the contempt in which the voting public is held when that scum thinks he can get away with it. He wants dragging out , along with many others, flogging, torturing, hung up by whatever & set on fire. Maybe then the rest will realise that they work for the public. :thumbup:
Todos somos Lorca.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:08 pm

gus-lopez wrote:
Additionally That piece of filth, IDS , has really worked the oracle including France . Can't see that it will stand up in court when it all goes to the EU as including " French Polynesia " & all the rest of the independent territories to increase the temperature is hardly an "EU" average ? :lolno:
While I totally agree with you about the devious way IDS has handled it, the French situation is unique.

Their Overseas Departments and Territories are not exactly independant and all have representation in both chambers of the French Parliament. As far as the EU involvement is concerned, their citizens are able to vote in EU elections.

It's a bit like Gibraltar which is also represented in the UK Parliament as part of a UK constituency.

Unfortunately all the UK remaining "hot" dependencies in the Caribbean and elsewhere have a different relationship with the UK and the EU.

It's a devious ploy to fudge the results but you have to give credit to the (probably) junior civil servant who spotted the opportunity!

I get the WFA but in contrast my electricity bill for Nov/Dec was €490. The £200 helps but it isn't really significant - but, Hey, there is a principal at stake here!

Sid

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:31 pm

So why isn't Italy included in the exemptions?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Because the winter weather is awful, particularly in the north. Far worse than Spain.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 pm

There you have the crux of the matter.
I've been to Italy a couple of times and both times the weather was scorching hot. So in my experience Italy is a hot country.
The trouble is everybody likes to see things at face value and never use their common sense. Our island mentality has us believe that we are the only country with bad weather.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 am

Can I just ask those people who have signed the petition to check their junk boxes to see if the email to confirm their signature is there. We are getting plenty of people to sign but there are now 200 people who have not confirmed their signature unfortunately the confirmation email often ends up in the junk file and so goes unnoticed. Would people please check. Many thanks

Also if any of you have passed it on or put it onto another site somewhere else would you be kind enough to inform them know also. :thumbup:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Signed AND confirmed :wink: :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:19 pm

I don't know why people are bothering. After all, the government has to save money somewhere. How else are they going to be able to pay for the wind farms who are receiving £1 million a week, to switch off their turbines.

The turbines have to be shut down at certain times because Britain's electricity network is unable to cope with the power they produce. The wind farm owners then receive compensation payments for not producing electricity. On average a wind farm that is paid to switch off, earns about one third more than if it produced electricity and sold it to the national Grid.

And of course a lot of this money goes to our friends north of the border. No wonder they voted to stay in !. Over the past year, one of their wind farms, "Whitelee" received more than £20 million for turning off its turbines.

So there you have it.

Every little bit helps.

anyroads

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:51 pm

anyroads wrote:I don't know why people are bothering. After all, the government has to save money somewhere. How else are they going to be able to pay for the wind farms who are receiving £1 million a week, to switch off their turbines.
anyroads
I can think of a thousand and one sources.
Why should pensioners be at the front of the queue?

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Because they are a soft target with WFA abroad.

They don't vote for a start !

anyroads

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm

chrissiehope wrote:Signed AND confirmed :wink: :D
Good on yer mate :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:30 pm

My electricity bill for Nov/Dec was €490.
I'd better check my electric isn't wired to the street. Our bill for the two months was €159.62.
Dave

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 pm

anyroads wrote:Because they are a soft target with WFA abroad.

They don't vote for a start !

anyroads
We do.
Dave

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 pm

"Whitelee" received more than £20 million for turning off its turbines.
The reason is that Scotland produces more electric than it needs. The cable networks to send the extra power down south aren't completed. It strikes me it would be cheaper to complete the cable network than to chuck away money.
Dave

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 pm

"It strikes me it would be cheaper to complete the cable network than to chuck away money."

That would suggest a joined up plan.A bit liked armed forces procurement. :lol: :lol: