WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE PETITION

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE PETITION

Postby patricia » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Just wondered if anyone would like to sign this petition in respect of the Winter fuel allowance and the intention of the British Government to stop it for expat Brits!

http://rivoice.net/petitions/expats-to- ... tries.html
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE PETITION

Postby olive » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:46 pm

In the olive press , it was reported that expats in Spain receive(cost?) 8.7 million pounds a year in payments. Absolute chicken feed compared to the billions wasted on none sackable poor military procurement decisions or billions wasted by the inefficiencies of the NHS.

However it does make a good headline because your average daily Fail reader knows a million is a lot but has no concept of how big a billion is.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:56 am

Signed and shared on facebook. :thumbup:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:25 pm

If anybody wants to start a petition then this link is a good place to start http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/check
There is already a "save the WFA2 petition for expats in France" petition.
These petitions, when they have 100,000 signatures, have to be considered by the Government for debate.
Having a look at the OP's link there are some very strange petitions on there, most with very few signatures. Not sure whether the Government would take any of these petitions, on that particular link, seriously.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:02 pm

There is arguments for and against giving expats money for there heating while living in the sun. All I would say to the government is our house in Spain is colder in Jan and Feb than our Uk home.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:07 pm

IreneD wrote:Signed and shared on facebook. :thumbup:
Well done Irene :thumbup:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:46 pm

gerryh wrote:If anybody wants to start a petition then this link is a good place to start http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/check
There is already a "save the WFA2 petition for expats in France" petition.
These petitions, when they have 100,000 signatures, have to be considered by the Government for debate.
Having a look at the OP's link there are some very strange petitions on there, most with very few signatures. Not sure whether the Government would take any of these petitions, on that particular link, seriously.
Cheers
Gerry
Well done delay Gerry get signing :thumbup:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:01 pm

I will NOT be signing this petition although I will be a pensioner myself in less than eighteen months.

We're talking about £200 here c'mon if your lifesyle relies on £200 then you're living the wrong kind of life, this "benefit" was designed by the labour loonies who have left us in the broth, to boost votes from expats, we pay enough out, enough is enough !

You get your pension which you may or may not be entitled to (depending on how much you've paid in, but, if you choose to live abroad then you really need to do your sums if you're relying on £200 !!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:07 pm

How wrong can you be.
The payment is to save lives. Not all pensioners have money to spare for higher electricity bills in winter and will sit in the cold sooner than get into debt. Living abroad is not important.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Markwilding, presumably you are responding to my post, we all know when we're looking in the mirror that this is nothing to do with saving lives, it's just a knee jerk reaction to the loss of a few beers !! this payment didn't exist before 1999.
My point is this, it's nothing to do with saving lives or entitlement through contributions or any other excuse you can come up with, if £200 is the difference between life and death to someone who chose that lifestyle then why move to Spain (or any other country) in the first place ?

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:21 pm

Manchesteral wrote:I will NOT be signing this petition although I will be a pensioner myself in less than eighteen months.

We're talking about £200 here c'mon if your lifesyle relies on £200 then you're living the wrong kind of life, this "benefit" was designed by the labour loonies who have left us in the broth, to boost votes from expats, we pay enough out, enough is enough !

You get your pension which you may or may not be entitled to (depending on how much you've paid in, but, if you choose to live abroad then you really need to do your sums if you're relying on £200 !!
No one is asking you to sign it or to tell us whether we are owed it or not or how to live. If you dont think you are owed it or dont want it dont sign it. It is that simple. :mrgreen:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:24 pm

You are absolutely correct, it's my choice, therefore I am informing any would be lobbyists that I will NOT be signing this pointless petition ! but good luck with your mission !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Manchesteral wrote:Markwilding, presumably you are responding to my post, we all know when we're looking in the mirror that this is nothing to do with saving lives, it's just a knee jerk reaction to the loss of a few beers !! this payment didn't exist before 1999.
My point is this, it's nothing to do with saving lives or entitlement through contributions or any other excuse you can come up with, if £200 is the difference between life and death to someone who chose that lifestyle then why move to Spain (or any other country) in the first place ?
Obviously, you know each and every expat living in Spain and their financial situation.
You are entitled to you opinion but 200 pounds could make them difference between life and death. More people die from the cold in Portugal and Spain than the UK

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Manchesteral wrote:You are absolutely correct, it's my choice, therefore I am informing any would be lobbyists that I will NOT be signing this pointless petition ! but good luck with your mission !
So what is the point of your post! No one has asked you to sign it have they and no one cares too hoots if you dont.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Er Patricia, no offence to you but in your original post YOU were advocating that we sign your petition ! perhaps you should consider cutting back on the skunk a bit, 4 quid a week over a year will balance things out nicely !! good luck with your crusade though !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm

You keep missing the point. For many 200 pounds is indeed a drop in the ocean but for others it's important. A lot of people in the UK believe that Spain is wall to wall sunshine, which as many posters have already pointed out, it isn't and can actually be far colder than some places such as London.

If you have paid taxes all your life and then choose to live abroad, why shouldn't you receive it?
Last edited by markwilding on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Manchesteral wrote:Er Patricia, no offence to you but in your original post YOU were advocating that we sign your petition
No she wasn't. She was wondering if anyone would like to. Don't try to put words into the mouths of other people just to suit your own agenda. If you feel that strongly about it why not start a petition (and, perhaps, another thread) advocating the cessation of the winter fuel allowance.
Let's go Brandon!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:48 pm

Good idea Beach :thumbup: Just trying to help people who struggle a bit in the winter and who could do with a few extra pennies :D

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

I will freely admit that I don't actually need the WFA as I am sure many in Spain and the UK don't actually need it.
Also I am sure many in Spain and the UK really need it.
The reason I signed the petition is because of the assumption that nobody needs it in Spain because Spain is a warm country.
Anybody who lives full time in Spain knows that in some parts of Spain winters are a lot colder than in many parts of the UK.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:21 am

I have signed the petition and will continue to support all challenges to any erosion of pensioners entitlements.
I know many pensioners here in Spain who will find life even more difficult with the loss of the W.F.A, and I think it very sad to read some peoples constant bragging about how wealthy they are and that 200 quid is a drop in the ocean.
What has happened to compassion and caring for people who have less money ?
So many people have worked so hard through their lives to support their families and it is not their fault that they have little left to live in luxury when reaching retirement age.

I do hope that some people will connect their brains to their hearts before opening their mouths with such drivel about how clever and wealthy they are.

Regards,
Gordon...
Ps..Happy New Year to Everyone .... :wave: