Digitalisation of details

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
luckyjim
Resident

Digitalisation of details

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:09 am

Just a reminder for anyone who has not already done the above at your bank. You have until 30th April to get it done or there is a threat of freezing accounts of those who don't. My wife went to do ours 3 mins in one 3/4 hour for the other!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Digitalisation of details

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm

What is this ? I'm wondering if I need to do anything.... :?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Same here, not a clue what "digitalisation of details" is about.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 pm

If you have recently given your passport details and NIE/Green sheet to the bank this may not be necessary, otherwise you need to either take them into your branch or send then as email attachments.

If in doubt ring your bank and ask them if you need to do this.
Let's go Brandon!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:26 pm

If my bank doesn't already have these details and wants them then shouldn't they contact me?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Apparently the banks were flashing up messages if you withdrew money from the cashpoint. Also found out today that if you have recently opened your account that you don't have to do it. If you get the Euro Weekly News the front page this week was all about it.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:52 pm

gerryh wrote:If my bank doesn't already have these details and wants them then shouldn't they contact me?
Cheers
Gerry
Absolutely agree with you Gerry

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 pm

luckyjim wrote:Apparently the banks were flashing up messages if you withdrew money from the cashpoint.
Just got back from cashpoint sadly nobody "flashed" at me let alone the ATM Machine

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info - when did this start ?
Given that I was in & out of the branch a year or so ago, I reckon they should have all they need by now ! And anyway I won't be there until mid May....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm

The original message was to be informative. I would suggest if in doubt just go to your bank.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:59 pm

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks for that post, I was beginning to think it was just me that knew about it!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Just read the newspaper article and the relevant part seems to be:-

"At this point, clients who have not yet been contacted by their bank – the latter has the obligation to do so – can assume that no further action is necessary and that their ID is already in the bank’s possession."

As my bank hasn't contacted me regarding my ID I will assume that they already have all the information they need.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:38 pm

My bank hadn't contacted me but when I went in I was told about it.

alpujarran2
Tourist

Postby alpujarran2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:37 pm

We, or rather my other half, had a letter in our mailbox yesterday saying that we either had to supply details such as last renta, pension, etc by the 30th of April or risk the account being restricted. Or sign the attached section of the letter giving them the authority to check on our behalf. This is from Caja Rural of Granada.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 pm

All we had to do was present our Residencias. They copied and filled in a form. That's all

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:23 pm

I got told about it when I logged on to my Cajamar account. It was the first page that came up. Not doing it now. Included was a link to a form to fill in with my details to take into my branch once completed.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

alpujarran2
Tourist

Postby alpujarran2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:26 pm

This is the letter we got from Caja Rural de Granada:

"Le informamos que la Ley 10/2010, de 28 de Abril, de Prevención del Blanqueo de Capitales y de la Financiación del Terrorismo, establece, entre otras exigencias. que todas las entidades financieras conserven digitalizada y actualizada documentación sobre las actividad profesional o empresarial de sus clientes.

Con la intención de cumplir con las exigencias anteriormente mencionadas, necesitamos que nos aporte cualquiera de las siguientes documentos acreditativos de actividad, adecuados a su situación personal (última declaración anual de IRPF, última declaración de IVA, nómina, pensión, etc) o bien, que cumplimente la parte inferior de la presente carta, consistente en una autorización a la Caja para solicitar/verificar en su nombre sus datos de actividad que constan en la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social (TGSS)

Le rogamos que, antes del próximo 30 de abril de 2015, nos facilite dicha documentación o esta carta cumplimentada, en cualquiera de nuestras sucursales, ya que en el supuesto de no disponer de esta documentación a dicha fecha, y en virtud de lo establecido en la Ley citada nos veríamos obligados a restringir la operativa de sus cuentas.

Sin otra particular les saluda atentamente,

He sido informado por Caja Rural de Granada (3023) que la legislación vigente sobre prevención de blanqueo de capitales obliga a las entidades bancarias a obtener de sus clientes la información de su actividad económica y a realizar una comprobación de la misma.

Con este exclusivo fin de verificación de la información facilitada, presto mi consentimiento expreso a Caja Rural de Granada (3023), para que en mi nombre pueda solicitar ante la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social (TGSS), dicha información.

Los datos obtenidos de la TGSS serán utilizados exclusivamente para la gestión señalada anteriormente. En el caso de incumplimiento de esta obligación por parte de Caja Rural de Granada y/o del personal que en ella presta servicios, se ejecutarán todas las actuaciones previstas en la Ley Orgánica 15/99,de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal y Normativa que la desarrolla.

"

which comes out in Googlish as:

Please note that the Law 10/2010 of April 28, Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism provides, among other requirements. all financial institutions retain digitized and updated documentation of professional or business activity of its customers.

With the intention to comply with the above requirements, we need to provide us with any of the following supporting documents of activity, appropriate to their personal situation (last annual income tax return, last income tax, payroll, pension, etc) or, to fill the bottom of this letter, consisting of an authorization to the Fund to request / verify on behalf activity data contained in the General Treasury of the Social Security (TGSS)

Please, before next April 30, 2015, we provide such documentation or the completed letter in any of our branches, as in the case of not having this documentation to that date, and pursuant to the provisions of Law said we would have to restrict the operation of their accounts.

Without another particular Yours faithfully,

.. the form to complete and sign says:

I have been informed by Caja Rural de Granada (3023) that the law on prevention of money laundering obliges banking institutions to obtain from their customers information on their economic activity and perform a check of it.

With this exclusive purpose of verification of the information provided, I give my consent to Caja Rural de Granada (3023), so that my name may petition the General Treasury of the Social Security (TGSS), that information.

The data obtained from the Social Security Fund will be used exclusively for the management noted above. In the event of breach of this obligation by Caja Rural de Granada and / or staff that it serves, all proceedings under the Organic Law 15/99, of December 13, Protection of Facts run Personal Character and regulations that develops.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Campo Steve wrote:Included was a link to a form to fill in with my details to take into my branch once completed.
No need to join the queues if you have a scanner: simply print it, fill it in, scan it and email as attachment to [email protected].
Obviously banks other than Cajamar will have their own arrangements and/or email address.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Unicaja emailed us 3 or 4 weeks ago. The final date for them was 28 April. The wife took our passports down to the Nerja office last week. They updated their records and all is well. Had we not done so Unicaja said we would not be able to withdraw any cash from an ATM after 28th April. They also said some banks had not contacted clients. We were also told that scanned and emailed documents would have been sufficient. One of our friends who is with another bank had to take in NIE documents and a utility bill as well as passport.

All to do with Money Laundering, all known about years ago, all communicated in the last 2 or 3 weeks. All beyond belief. But you would be wise to check with your bank...