Fit to fly

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Fit to fly

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:56 pm

In a months time we, daughtes, grandhildren and my wie are taking a family holiday to Florida. Virgin are aware of my previous surgery and are asking for a fit to fly letter from the doctor. Do local doctors issue these in Spain? Earlierbthis year my surgeon gave me thecOK, verbally to gbto Hong Kong but we nevervthought of askingbforbitnin writing. Has anyone experienced getting a fitbo fly letter? Of course, they want it in English
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Fit to fly

Postby Free at Last » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 am

We got one from the doctor in the Traumatología clinic at the Hospital Comarcal de la Axarquia, for a friend's daughter who had had an accident whilst on holiday. It hadn't been requested by the airline but her mother wanted it for peace of mind in case of any problems when checking in. There were no quibbles about issuing it so it must be a fairly routine request, but it was in Spanish. Perhaps a translation from an officially approved translator would be acceptable if supplied along with the original?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fit to fly

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:54 am

Thaks free at last
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!