ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Postby elscouser » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Advice needed if poss. I'm thinking of getting a demountable/above ground type pool (steel sides typical type with a wooden rim around top) it's to go on a lower area of my property so I'll also be able to deck around it. Just a couple of questions if anyone has experience of these.

1) how often does the liner need to be replaced on these IF the water is left in year round?
2) can the water be left in them? It's going to cost a couple of hundred euros a time to fill, talking to other people a good dose of chemicals can do the trick even with a load of algae.

Is this a feasible year on year solution? I just don't have the funds to invest in a concrete pool for the next few years so it seems like a decent solution ( if I'm not emptying/refilling all of the time)

Additionally if anyone is selling a decent wooden or metal one I may be interested!

Thanks in advance

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Postby Enrique » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 am

Hi eiscouser,
First off ignore the pictures of people in pools.......

This is what we have..................

http://www.bestwayswimmingpools.co.uk/p ... -frame-set

A usable 110cm depth set on a tiled covered concrete base...............filled once a year

Easily dismantling/assembled by one person....I'm in process of dismantling ours at the moment.

This one is currently three years old.

Other local people have same model and only use during summer , dismantling once August is through.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:44 am

We had a smaller version of that for years and it lasted really well as it has a very thick liner.

I then went on to buy the rectangular version http://www.bestwayswimmingpools.co.uk/p ... e-pool-set

but after two liners split in four years we have given up on them and now have a reinforced fibreglass pool that sits above ground.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:04 pm

I have one of these.

http://www.gre.es/en/product/15445/kitp ... 32-cm.aspx

Been installed 13 years. water in all year ( if you empty it there is a good possibility it will collapse. ) but black plastic cover over in winter. When restarting in spring/summer crystal clear when cover comes off apart from dust /debris.
Liner is original . So is pump/filter etc. Ideal as no planning of any sort required as it is demountable & that applies even if built in. So no additional ibi ! :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.