Electricity bills online.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Electricity bills online.

Postby Torrox_campo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello everyone!
Greeting from Northumberland :D
I am a newbie and having visited the forum in the last couple years via searching with google. This is a great forum with so much useful information and as we have just bought a house near Torrox that I thought I would get better help if I become a member.
Anyway the other day I looked in my bank a/c online, it's Unicaja, and I noticed there was a direct debit, DD, from Endesa. The DD was set up by a friend on our behalf but as we don't have a post box so it isn't possible to receive paper bills. I thought we could see the bills online and my friend said that I can use the paperwork he apparently gave it to us to login. We can't find any Electricity paperwork so we can't do anything.
Is there a way to register and login to see your electricity account online? Of course we have NIE number and the printout from Unicaja for this DD which may contain the a/c number and house address.
Thanks!

flyeogh
Resident

Re: Electricity bills online.

Postby flyeogh » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:17 am

Welcome. Bet you find Torrox warmer than Northumberland (as beautiful as that part of the world is) in the next few months :D

For your query you just need to go to the ENDESA website. They offer full online access. Even offer a chat online. The website is available in English. It will also allow you to enter readings should you find invoices based on estimates that are above reality. And there are apps if you have a smart phone.

Enjoy
El raton de watford

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:21 am

Here is the Endesa Website for you

https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/home.html

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:57 am

You will need certain details from a recent bill to be able to register for an online account. Without this registration will not be possible. Try visiting an Endesa outlet and asking for copies of recent bills. You will need to prove your identity and ownership of the property concerned.
Let's go Brandon!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 am

Welcome to the forum, Enough bars etc in torrox for you to have a beer everyday in a different bar.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:24 am

Thank you very much for all comments :clap:
Yes Northumberland is getting cold and I have started lighting fire for a couple of hours every night. Can't wait to get there in Mid October. This time we booked Postmouth - Santander then stop at Palencia for a night, next day all the way down. Yesterday I was looking at 13 C here and 27 C in Torrox, what is average temp in Torrox_campo in late December?
Thank you all for the Endesa link and helpful guide! I will try to register online.
@Beachcomer: If fail, where would be the nearest Endesa outlet for Torrox? Possibly in Nerja?
@costakid: you mean these bars in the main square near the church? We know Torrox Pueblo very well having visited often in the last few years while searching for a house.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:31 pm

The nearest Endesa is in Nerja at the top end of Castilla Perez, near to where it divides from Calle Chaperil.

Welcome to Torrox from a Torroxeña :wave: . Difficult to say what the weather will be like in mid winter as it varies so much. Next week here for instance it is forecast to be a high of 19, a low of 15 and raining ..... from our point of view after about 5 months with only one drop of rain, we welcome any chance of cooler and wetter weather.

We've had lovely some warm and sunny Decembers, but then we've had winter days that have been freezing cold (literally, with some frost and down to 2 degrees overnight) or with storms and tempest. So I think you would describe it as variable :lol:

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:56 am

Thank you for your comment Wicksey.
I tried to register yesterday but failed on the Identification page. After putting your username and password, the next page is proof of who you are, it asks for Document and document number, but under the document box, the pull down menu didn't give any option (could be passport or NIE etc.) I couldn't enter or choose any here but I could with the Document number box. Without filling the document I couldn't go any further.
I will have to come to Endesa shop in Nerja for help.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Torrox_campo wrote:... it asks for Document and document number, but under the document box, the pull down menu didn't give any option (could be passport or NIE etc.) I couldn't enter or choose any here but I could with the Document number box. ....
It appears to be a bug in the English version of the website. When you get to that page switch to Espanol and you will get all the options, NIE, Pasaporte, NIF etc in the drop down box.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Tried several times today, as the username has been logged but not activate the website kept saying:

Ups! Parece que algo no ha funcionado. Por favor, inténtalo más tarde.
So I have given up and will go to see Endesa in Nerja when we are there. Thank you for all comments.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Good luck at endesa nerja. My advice? Go early, book your place in the queue, take a nice sarnie and a good book to read. Oh, and when you are seen be prepared for the Stasi behind the counter to mutter "computer says no". They plumb new depths in customer service!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:19 pm

When I needed to go to an Endesa office I went to the one in Velez Malaga. I looked in there early and there where a lot of people waiting so I went back about 30 mins before closing time, got a ticket and was immediately seen by a very helpful lady. :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:27 pm

I can empathise with all of the above. For two weeks I kept trying to change my bank details on line. Absolutely no joy. Thorough frustration on my part. I knew that the information I was entering on the form was correct, but "the computer say NO". A whole week of emails trying to get the necessary form sent by post I decided to go to the office in Velez. I got there at 10.00 by half past I had completed all my business. When I asked the girl told me the problems I had encountered so they were aware of it. Any way the moral of my story is pen, paper, stamp and envelope all the time!

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 am

Updated.
I wrote an email with attachment of the Direct debit from my bank to Endesa customer service, explain the problem of registration. To my surprise with the information provided they registered me and I was able to login my account to see the bill + potencia etc. Did have a chat with a guy online and he was very helpful explaining about on/off peak tarifa.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Update.
Mid August while in UK when I could log in and looked at options. I changed the contract from One Luz to Tempo Siempre Ganas after having a chat online with one of their helper. From time to time I logged in to see the progress but I have almost given up as nothing happened. To my surprise last week a bloke from Endesa came and changed the meter outside of the house, he said it's for dos tarifas and when I logged in a day later, my contract is now Tempo Siempre Ganas which I hope to run the pool pump and heat the water during the tempo of cheap tarif. I am quite pleased with Endesa, it seems that their customer service are quite good, they answered all my emails and their online help were very patient with good command of English.
Finally thank you all for your contributions in this thread.