IBI: Dip. de Malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
country boy
Andalucia Guru

IBI: Dip. de Malaga

Postby country boy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:35 pm

We have been concerned that no money has been taken for our IBI this year.
We went to see the nice man today and he told us that they haven't sent out the bills yet and that we will get one by post within the next month and we will then have to pay at the office, not by direct debit as per normal. Anyone else experienced this please?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: IBI: Dip. de Malaga

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Mine was taken by direct debit in August as normal.
I live in the Velez Malaga area.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Rincon always take it by direct debit in August. Regular as clockwork.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 am

I live in the Pizarra and mine was taken by direct debit a couple of months ago. Agree he is a nice man in the office in Pizarra.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 am

No,I always pay by Direct Debit in Estepona and I pay 3 times a year as I am on a pre-payment plan(Payment debited,April,July & October each year.) If you go into the Pizarra Office again,why don't you ask the Man to print you off the Bills for Car Tax (if applicable),Basura (if applicable) and the IBI. Then you can take them to the Bank and just pay them over the Counter. Don't know why you are not paying by Direct Debit this year as they already have your Banking Details on record. Hope you get this matter sorted soon.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks all; we do pay everything by DD where applicable. The IBI has come out for the last two years but not this year. The nice man punched the numbers into his computer when we saw him yesterday and sucked his teeth (as they do!), sighed and then said that we should get a bill within one month, specifically mentioning that it would come by post and that we should have to pay it manually at the bank. Being a bit paranoiac, I visualise Registered letters and something amis....time will tell!

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:26 pm

All sounds very irregular. Local government offices do not handle payments or cash, but simply issue paperwork to be paid at a bank.
Our IBI paid by DD.
Chris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm

I do not wait for the bill to arrive. I just go with the old bill to the Town Hall in Torrox costa (or you can go to the office anywhere and get the bill printed out) and then I take it to the bank to pay it. I always have to pay in cash, dont ask me why but I do and that is the way I do it. Obviously you need to do it before a certain date otherwise you incur a fine, but it is not very much if you are late a few euros.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 pm

When paying a bill at the bank, you can either pay cash, or have the amount paid from your account (if you are at a branch of your own bank, that is).
Chris

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:35 am

I didn't realise you could pay at the town hall. I thought you had to pay at the patronato(?) office.. Anyway ours has always been taken by dd.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 am

No you do not pay at the town hall, (I am talking about the one in Torrox Costa where the librbary is) they can print out your bill for you if you take in your old one and then you just go to the nearest bank and pay for it. If you take it to your own bank as someone as said you just hand them your card and the money is taken out of your account or you can pay cash at another bank. For future payments - when you do receive or obtain your bill - you can pay also at the cash machine and run the bar code over and then it asks you if you would like to pay "Domiciliado" which means that they will take it automatically out of your account each year so no need to go throgh the hassle of waiting for or receiving your bill although they will always send you a copy stamped "Domiciliado" or words to that affect!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 pm

You won't get one sent if you don't live in Spain :wink:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:26 pm

True but I would have thought they would send it to the address which corresponds with the IBI bill! :wave:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Ah, but we're in the campo & don't have a buzon... :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:27 pm

You can have then sent electronically I think, but as long as it is paid. I always go and get my bill before they send it out anyway.

Are you saying you do not pay, no address, no buzon, do not live in Spain :thumbup:

I fancy an address like that :P

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 am

Oh I pay :angel: - I can download the basic bill from the internet, and I have a direct debit to make the payment.
If we lived there full time, we would naturally have a PO box or similar, but for the relatively short times we visited it wasn't worth it. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, as the house is to be sold :thumbdown:

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:44 pm

UPDATE: It appears that the property has been IBI valuation Re-assessed by whomsoever does that sort of thing ( not evidently the Diputation). The standard charge for this non voluntary service is €60 plus IVA. We have had an embargo for this amount (€72) appear in our bank account but no invoice or letter received (We do only have an Apartado no.). The nice man tells me that the original IBI invoice from Malaga has been torn up (his words) and a new one will be issued in due course to reflect the re-valuation of our property. Can't wait!
As the IBI was only €84 before and we have a three bed Farmhouse on 7.5 hectares one could say it was a tad overdue.
We wait in fascination!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Goodness that is cheap. But I suppose it depends on facilitates I suppose like street lighting, road sweepers etc! Anyway that is very affordable I must say :thumbup:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:41 pm

If it depends on facilities, then I'm being robbed :lolno:

Our casa is in the campo and no services whatsoever apart from a roughly annual grading of the track - this year's IBI bill was €292 :thumbdown: which was in fact slightly less than the previous year.

How much you pay depends on your catastral value - if it han't been updated you will get a small bill. When we first bought, our bill was in the region of €20 pa, which was lovely, but then it was re-assessed and went up by about 15x - still cheaper than UK tho' - here I'm paying about the same per month as I do p.a in Spain :shock: