prperty deeds

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

prperty deeds

Postby sick and tired » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:00 pm

hi payed off mortgage and received deeds from solicitor does anyone know if similar to uk the paper deeds are not neccesary as everything is logged electronically on the equivelent of the land registry in the uk or should they be kept under lock and key

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: prperty deeds

Postby El Cid » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Your "deeds" ie escrituras are only copies. The originals are stored centrally, probably at the notary.

Sid

sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sick and tired » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Cid
i did not pick these up the wife did and they are the originals, she seems to think she was asked if she wanted the originals or copies and she said the originals, its a booklet type document with escritura at the front and nota simple at the back with the percentage split between us shown, many official stamps and some signatures in blue pen etc definitely not a copy, so should i guard them with my life or is it logged elsewhere electronically.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Guard with your life. Vital in certain circumstances, and extremely difficult to obtain or replace. Some folk allegedly spend years trying to obtain an Escritura which was not handed over at the time of complete purchase. AFAIK, vital when you want to sell.

Copies may be lodged elsewhere, but don't count on it.
Chris

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Get a couple of extra copies ang give to other members of family. If anything should happen you have back up. Pays to do same with keys. Lodge spare sets with members of family.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:14 pm

They may look like the originals, but they are still copies. Why should a copy be any different from the original, unless it is just a bad copy?

The original is held centrally.

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 am

Ours doesn't look like a copy, only because it contains numerous notary stamps and initials in ink, rather than simply being a photocopy. As such, I thinks it's worth looking after carefully.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:54 am

No, it's not a photocopy - those are available if you want them. What you have is a notarised copy. The only difference is that the copy does not have the signatures of the purchaser and vendor on it.

It has been covered before in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34993&p=339921&hil ... ra#p339921

Sid

sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sick and tired » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks Cid
i get it now, it was the non copied blue ink signature which made me think it was the original, our signatures are not on it which seems to be the easiest way to spot it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Yes, it is a pretty impressive copy and does deserve to be carefully looked after. If it does get lost/destroyed, at least you know that the signed original is safe at the notary.

Sid