How thinking it is clever to not follow the law can cost you

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Unicorn
Resident

Re: How thinking it is clever to not follow the law can cost

Postby Unicorn » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Olive. Names or stickers are not needed. A UK number plate is a pretty good indicator. And people do not often hold back on telling you about their scamming.
Not registering at the town hall means we get less medical centres, fire engines and other services, which these people are more than happy to use.
I do not want to go on some sort of witch hunt but just personally believe if you are living in another country it is only reasonable to follow the rules. But I would in the UK as well.

I do hear tell of trafico getting sticky about UK driving licences. Some people seem to be unaware that the UK one runs out after 10 years, I think.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:49 pm

olive wrote:No better name yet than illegal parasites? maybe sticking a yellow star or a black cross on them and their illegal possessions would help us and the authorities in eliminating them.

Yes they could be shamed when they went to their local bar, wonder why no one thought of that before...oh hang on :silent:

Some on here would have had their calling in the thirties, also under Franco when there was an informer on every street :wink:

If any of you are young enough this would be an excellent career choice. :wink:

https://careers.mi5.gov.uk/opportunitie ... 1604002024

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Unicorn wrote: the UK one runs out after 10 years, I think.
It is the photo that is only valid for 10 years, but as one cannot renew legally unless resident of UK, that makes the licence invalid even though it may be renewed up to age 70. Of course the scrotes never take a drivers' medical so their licence is not valid anyway!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Olive, yellow stars, I think not.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Yes, rather poor taste, that.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 pm

olive wrote:No better name yet than illegal parasites? maybe sticking a yellow star or a black cross on them and their illegal possessions would help us and the authorities in eliminating them.
What an incredibly offensive statement....utterly repugnent

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Deserves to be withdrawn I think, and an apology.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:39 pm

peteroldracer wrote:
Unicorn wrote: the UK one runs out after 10 years, I think.
It is the photo that is only valid for 10 years, but as one cannot renew legally unless resident of UK, that makes the licence invalid even though it may be renewed up to age 70. Of course the scrotes never take a drivers' medical so their licence is not valid anyway!
Do you know how many Spanish 'scrotes' are driving without a licence? I don't but 265,000 were caught without one in 2014. Go figure!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:41 pm

firsttango wrote:
I find the whole thread aside from the first post repugnant but I don't think it should be whooshed. Let expats see what is the score.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 pm

firsttango wrote:
They were being satrical,ironic going by their previous posts.sometimes that sort of thing isnt as obvious on the net

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:12 pm

elusive wrote:
firsttango wrote:
They were being satrical,ironic going by their previous posts.sometimes that sort of thing isnt as obvious on the net
I really don't give a t**s what you think it was trying to achieve, it is a wholly inappropriate and offensive statement.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 pm

I agree First Tango, remarks like that should never be made on forums like this. Shame on them.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:51 pm

On the contrary I thought it was very appropriate when thinking of people twitching their blinds or noting down reg. Numbers to check up on the Internet in order to report them. I thought of it before Olive mentioned it. I am part Jewish BTW.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 pm

They were being satrical,ironic going by their previous posts.sometimes that sort of thing isnt as obvious on the net[/quote]

I really don't give a t**s what you think it was trying to achieve, it is a wholly inappropriate and offensive statement.[/quote]

And thats why they said it. To prove a point of their distaste of the thread.they didnt post such offerings to say this should be done.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:37 pm

katy wrote:On the contrary I thought it was very appropriate when thinking of people twitching their blinds or noting down reg. Numbers to check up on the Internet in order to report them. I thought of it before Olive mentioned it. I am part Jewish BTW.
i know you like trolling katy but even for you thats a good one. :lol: so we jump from going after ppl who are driving illegal cars,potentially putting themselves and others in danger and not paying car tax etc to equating that to nazi germany and kristallnacht,ghettos and genocide.kinda ironic that you attack olives? post when their statement was made inorder to prove a point that they have the same opinion as you interms of their distaste of this thread.

If you part jewish you should know how embarrassing you comparasion is. BTW what the nazis would call a mischling here. Whatever relevence it has

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:38 pm

elusive wrote:They were being satrical,ironic going by their previous posts.sometimes that sort of thing isnt as obvious on the net
I really don't give a t**s what you think it was trying to achieve, it is a wholly inappropriate and offensive statement.[/quote]

And thats why they said it. To prove a point of their distaste of the thread.they didnt post such offerings to say this should be done.you dont have to be abusive just because you didnt get the point they were trying to make[/quote]

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 pm

elusive wrote:They were being satrical,ironic going by their previous posts.sometimes that sort of thing isnt as obvious on the net

And thats why they said it. To prove a point of their distaste of the thread.they didnt post such offerings to say this should be done.[/quote]

You seem to know the other persons thought process to a degree which I find very weird. I would find it strange if someone explained something on my behalf especially what is in my opinion an offensive/inflammatory statement however you wish to dress it up.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Self righteous brigade up in arms again. Reporting people for minor infractions stinks. You should be ashamed of yourselves. :thumbdown:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Define "minor"....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

chrissyboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrissyboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Miro wrote:
peteroldracer wrote:I report misusers of the NHS, benefit cheats and expats driving here in SORNed cars.
Who do you report SORNed cars to? Reporting it to DVLA wouldn't have much effect surely? And how do you check if a UK reg car is SORNed?
And where would I start? - there's so many of the barstewards! But they are starting to tow a lot of foreign reg cars around here :thumbup:
Really?
Is that how you two 'gurus' fill up your day?