fe de vida

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Laslomas
Resident

fe de vida

Postby Laslomas » Wed May 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Not sure where to post this as I have not lived in Spain for more than 2 years now, but hopefully someone can help.

Last year I qualified for a meagre Spanish pension which I have been receiving monthly in the UK. Today I received a letter from INSS stating my pension has been suspended as from 1st May as I did not provide a Fe de Vida. I believe this is a statement or certificate proving I am still alive. I remember this being something that was asked for by DWP in UK to expat pensioners in Spain. I helped my neighbour in Spain to deal with this once. They sent a form to be completed and witnessed.

I have had no previous correspondence from INSS concerning this, or a form of any kind to complete. Unsure how to proceed I have 'googled' extensively and can find nothing of any help. Does anyone know if INSS have a set form Fe de Vida to complete that maybe was sent to me and has gone astray in the post? I believe that this is an annual requirement so hopefully it is not a hoop that is going to prove impossible to jump through.

Getting annoyed with finding no answer from my online searches I telephoned DWP in the UK to see if there was anything they provide to help with this, surely I am not the only person affected by this requirement. I was passed around a bit and eventually someone offered to send me a letter confirming my UK state pension payments that I could use as proof I am alive. This can take up to 10 days, but is a start. However as it will be written in English I expect it will be ignored by INSS.

Any one have any information on this matter???

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: fe de vida

Postby Beachcomber » Wed May 11, 2016 5:34 pm

You need to fill in this form:

http://postimg.org/image/mv2xrqe01/

and get the police to sign and stamp it. You could also ask your doctor but he would probably charge. If all else fails you will need to go to the Spanish consulate.
Let's go Brandon!

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Wed May 11, 2016 11:52 pm

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Very useful.
I expect INSS should have sent this form to me before sending the the letter telling me they have suspended payment because I have not provided it.
My worry now is that as this is something I need to sort out every year and if it will be costly to do it could end up costing as much as my pension to sort out. Oh well after years living in Spain I should be used to this.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fe de vida

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 am

As far as I know INSS does not send the form as a matter of course. You must take the initiative and submit the form within the first 90 days of each Spanish fiscal year. The only cost should be that of sending the form to Spain as long as you can find someone who will sign it for free. The local UK police did this for a friend with no questions asked.
Let's go Brandon!

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:00 pm

l am waiting with baited breath. I got the form signed in my local Job Centre Plus office. They said they have done this before so hopefully it will be accepted by INSS. I posted it on 17th May. So far my payments have not resumed, but I expect I am too soon to worry the form may have gone astray. I think I will send a letter and a copy of the form on 17th June as a reminder just to chivvy them up.
I know that twice a year I should receive double payments. Can anyone tell me which months this will be? I want to be sure that I do not miss out when I do get something paid into my bank.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello Laslomas,
The double payments are in June and November on the same day as you receive your regular payment.
If you have any suspended payments they will pay them when you have completed your paperwork.

Regards,
Gordon

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Apologies for raising this again but it is that time of year again. I have received a letter from INSS Malaga giving me the wonderful news that I will receive an increase to my pension of the amazing sum of 45 cents per month - yippee. Also they ask for the Fe de Vida.

Last year Beachcomber kindly attached a link to the form (in the second post in this thread) and I submitted the form and all was OK. I have reprinted the form to use for this year, but am concerned that I still cannot find a link to this on the INSS website. I worry I may find that the form has been updated in someway and will be invalid. Has anyone found where to find the original link to this form, and if so let me into the secret of where it is hidden?