The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
detourer
Resident

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Markwilding said............."That's because it's not relevent to staying in or out of the EU any more than the riots in the UK was as a result of us being in the EU.
France will still be there with its industrial unrest whether the UK is in or out..........."

Haha, a classic vote IN answer.........
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 28, 2016 3:31 pm

What does that mean? At least rebuff me.

France has always had a different way of dealing with industrial problems. Explain how the UK leaving the UK will change this?
And....What difference it makes to us?

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Lol.............As the Titanic went down the band played on.....
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Markwilding…….… It’s not just about how France handles their labour problems [that the stay-in’s tell us we should be grateful for], it’s the truly massive unrest emerging. Belgium is regarded by many as a Failed State” already for example. And to repeat my earlier posts………

"When and before you cast your vote on whether to remain in the EU or not take a look what is going on all over Europe. Forget the main media [how many of them transmitted yesterday’s riots and destruction in Calais for example] and check-out Poland, Italy, Gemany, Slovac etc etc……….. What position in Europe do you want to be part of? Why vote to remain in an already “Broken Europe”.

http://silenceisconsent.net/battlefield ... 9Kss7.dpbs

And…………"When or if you vote IN have a think…….. without “Googling” name 6 of the top Non-Elected commissioners. You can have the president Jean-Claude Juncker [there’s an apt name if ever there was one], so you only need 5.

On a lighter note. I have a sister who works for the EU in Brussels and Strasberg ……not a high office/role, just a worker on a little over 45.000e per year. plus that many “extras” it’s a joke………Last month she worked 7 full days and 2 half days and at the moment she has NO days booked for June!!!!!....."

Run by an unelected “Government” that has surpassed massive waste and corruption [they call it lobbying]. Europe falling apart on almost every level. It’s like keeping that clapped out deathtrap of an old banger on the road because …….why?
I have no doubt at all that the Remain will carry the vote because there are those who will not let it happen any other way. I aslo have no doubt that there is 5years max left for Europe as we know it, 20years and the demographics will kick in……. I will look you up, just to say “I told you so”……..lol

By the way…I also think that permanent Ex-Pats [like me] should not have the vote anyway.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 28, 2016 4:40 pm

detourer wrote:
By the way…I also think that permanent Ex-Pats [like me] should not have the vote anyway.

That's hard luck for you then because of UK rules, some of us can.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Went for the easy answer then Mark............lol

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 28, 2016 7:12 pm

I didn't realize you had asked a question. Can you make a point and stop this foolishness?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

markwilding wrote:Can you stop this foolishness?
You mean the whole referendum? Lol
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 28, 2016 7:47 pm

I would like to backtrack a bit. Remember the poll which gave a 13 point lead to remain. Been ripped to pieces on Twitter. Firstly their small 800 polling sample and the fact that this is a company new to the game. Whilst reading it I saw a link to this and I think the conspiracy is quite believable.

http://www.tradersadvocate.com/pages/or ... 0nk__B4WrV

BTW a poll in Wales yesterday came out at 50/50.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 28, 2016 8:30 pm

olive wrote:I'll not spend a lot of time defending what I wrote other than to say Britain is the worlds 5th biggest economy. We aren't there through accident. A Britain having left the EU would thrive. I do not get" UK that hasn't existed for a long, long time" It is still a world leader in many fields. If it is so bad why do so many want to go there to live and work? What no one has mentioned is that trade would continue. If it didn't it would probably plunge the world into recession. In any case Britain and the EU are so closely interlinked trade would have to continue. Think also of all the foreign owned companies in the Uk and Uk owned companies in EU countries. There are 245,000 employees in Uk of German owned companies apparently as an example. The only slight problem might be if post Brexit , the EU and Junckers turned vindictive. The latter has already shown his colours.

I do agree with you about the politicians. Cameron is toast and he recognised that before he called the referendum. I can only assume he is after a job in the EU. We have had a successive shower and the ones waiting in the wings don't inspire. But it is democracy unlike our EU Commissioners.
Yes, there is a propensity amongst expats to run down the UK. Indeed there is a lot wrong with the country, as with almost every other! Let's not forget that the UK came out of recession at least 4 years before the Eurozone. Our debt is about 82% but as with a mortgage it goes on the ability to pay it back and the U.K. can. Whilst doing well it also employs around two million of Europes unemployed, gives 20 billion away on overseas aid. Italy's debt is spiralling out of control. Spain's has reached 101% and it has vastly exceeded it's budget..

As for the history lesson :roll: yes the UK did have support from the USA...eventually. However, it did stand alone for a while, unlike the rest of the Europe countries which fell like dominoes in a matter of weeks.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 28, 2016 8:38 pm

katy wrote:Yes, there is a propensity amongst expats to run down the UK.
Such insight katy! How on earth did you work this out.....folk who have chosen to leave their country of birth to live in a different society - astonishing that they are critical of it... :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 9:49 pm

........."I didn't realize you had asked a question. Can you make a point and stop this foolishness?"

Oh dear Markwilding, such foolishness not to agree with you then…….

Ok, do you agree that the EU is in a social and economic mess?
Do you agree that the non-elected EU “Government” is not just inefficient buts the also corrupt?
Do you think there is a long term future for the EU [or even short term]?
Do you not agree that Demographically whatever you think or wish now will be irrelevant in say 20 years. i.e. your children or grandchildren’s future and/or that the EU will likely collapse in say 4 or 5 years anyway?
Do you think that permanent ex-pats should have the vote in the forthcoming referendum?
I understand that you probably consider these points both irrelevant and foolish, but indulge me this once.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 28, 2016 10:53 pm

detourer wrote:.......
I understand that you probably consider these points both irrelevant and foolish,
Absolutely correct. :thumbup:

Regarding all your other questions, just refer to my previous posts

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat May 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Haha……………. There you go.

If you are in any doubt or have questions as to why you should remain in the EU then ask Mark.

All points regarding OUT are of course both irrelevant and foolish.... :crazy: :lolno:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 28, 2016 11:41 pm

detourer wrote:........."I didn't realize you had asked a question. Can you make a point and stop this foolishness?"

Oh dear Markwilding, such foolishness not to agree with you then…….

Ok, do you agree that the EU is in a social and economic mess?
Do you agree that the non-elected EU “Government” is not just inefficient buts the also corrupt?
Do you think there is a long term future for the EU [or even short term]?
Do you not agree that Demographically whatever you think or wish now will be irrelevant in say 20 years. i.e. your children or grandchildren’s future and/or that the EU will likely collapse in say 4 or 5 years anyway?
Do you think that permanent ex-pats should have the vote in the forthcoming referendum?
I understand that you probably consider these points both irrelevant and foolish, but indulge me this once.
No,that's your opinion
No, that's your opinion
No, that's your opinion
No, that's your opinion
Irrelevent because the rules say we can as long as we haven't lived away for more than 15 years
Correct.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 29, 2016 5:59 am

If the EU is on its last legs and it's days are numbered then why are we spending millions on a referendum? Why not just wait?

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 am

I would think Lavanda that those at the helm of the hugely corrupt, inefficient and unelected EU Government have more self interest in mind rather than that of the population. Everyone will have their own definition as to what point [or if] the EU is on its “last legs” and the reasons for nearly 10 million spent on just the remain leaflet for example.

I believe the remain in argument will win the day because the public are better minded to just wait, like an uncomfortable but inevitable divorce…….. convinced that things will get better and/or not happen. The Brits in particularly are very good at that.

The EU would very likely have worked had it been a “Trading Body” but that was never the true concept.

If the UK votes out the EU will unravel that fast. An out win will not happen because it will not be allowed to happen, not because you have or thought you had a say in the issue.

At the end of June I will just sit back and smile at the self-congratulations and clapping while I unravel my not massive but not insignificant business interests [overdue anyway], then having transferred the proceeds I will like the proverbial rat prepare to jump the sinking ship…… lol

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 29, 2016 8:44 am

The EU would very likely have worked had it been a “Trading Body” but that was never the true concept.
I'm not sure that's correct. As I posted on another thread read "And the Poor Suffer what they Must" by Yanis Varoufakis. The roots of the EU go back much further than you might imagine. It did, indeed, start as a trading association but just between France and Germany — which is why those two countries have such a disproportionate say in things today. Honestly, read the book. You can take or leave some of the left-wing political ideas towards the end but as a History of the EU and the Euro it's very well written and researched and debunks a lot of what is commonly held to be the 'truth' about those things. A real eye-opener!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 29, 2016 10:24 am

Well Yannis is now touring the UK telling us why we should stay in and change the EU :crazy: he shared a platform with Corybyn's mate Mcdonell and Lucas of the Greens this week. No way it can be changed, it will carry on until it runs out of steam. Only have to read the Government report that Irene posted to see the UK will negotiate some useless deal even if Brexit happened. Although I am inclined to agree with Detourer.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 29, 2016 11:23 am

Personally, I think Detourer's outlook is the least likely. However, what annoys me is the glee he feels when describing his scenario. Were it to happen as he predicts, it would be an economic nightmare and there would be immense suffering in some countries.

I've seen someone raise the issue that we wouldn't vote to go in, if given the chance but this isn't the situation. We are leaving something in which our economy is heavily entwined and leaving will cause aftershocks as would a breakup of the entire thing.