The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby katy » Sun May 29, 2016 11:33 am

Mark, did you actually read Detourers post? He predicts a win for remain.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby markwilding » Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 pm

Katy,
It seems that you don't
His general view, not just over the last couple of days but over the last few months is the EU will not last.
detourer wrote: I have no doubt at all that the Remain will carry the vote because there are those who will not let it happen any other way. I aslo have no doubt that there is 5years max left for Europe as we know it, 20years and the demographics will kick in……. I will look you up, just to say “I told you so”……..lol

By the way…I also think that permanent Ex-Pats [like me] should not have the vote anyway.

.

detourer
Resident
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Alhaurin el Grande

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby detourer » Sun May 29, 2016 1:28 pm

She did Markwilding........ but your view is, in your own words.....irrelevant, just an opinion....... lol
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

detourer
Resident
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Alhaurin el Grande

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby detourer » Sun May 29, 2016 1:47 pm

markwilding wrote:Personally, I think Detourer's outlook is the least likely. However, what annoys me is the glee he feels when describing his scenario. Were it to happen as he predicts, it would be an economic nightmare and there would be immense suffering in some countries.

I've seen someone raise the issue that we wouldn't vote to go in, if given the chance but this isn't the situation. We are leaving something in which our economy is heavily entwined and leaving will cause aftershocks as would a breakup of the entire thing.
Where is the glee Mark? Or is it as you say foolish because it does not agree with your scenario?

Some of us, a great number as it happens, think that your scenario will result in "economic nightmare and there would be immense suffering in some countries."

Do you think [yes a question and we know you don't like questions] that the EU is not already entwined in an economic nightmare. And, are you happy and willing for the present situation of scandal and corruption to continue unchecked?

You say "We are leaving something in which our economy is heavily entwined and leaving will cause aftershocks as would a breakup of the entire thing." So at least we agree on that then.

I sincerely believe that a safe and secure future of Europe is in serious doubt.

No glee Mark.....maybe a touch of sadness as I sail away, win or lose.......But Hey-Ho
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby markwilding » Sun May 29, 2016 3:10 pm

:think:
detourer wrote:
I sincerely believe that a safe and secure future of Europe is in serious doubt.

Ho
And that's your opinion
We go back to what we were saying in another thread. This clouded view of the past that did not exist.
Just over 15 years before the advent of the EU, Europe was at war with each other.
45 years before not all men over the age of 18 could vote and hardly any woman, not only that there was another war. Poverty was rife.
As far as I can see it Europe is a much safer place than pre EU days. Sure our politicians could create laws but not to the benefit of the majority. Sure we have new security problems now but the they are nowhere near as dangerous by the wars of the prevous hundred years.
So no I don't agree with you .

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4605
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Cáceres Province, Extremadura

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 29, 2016 3:12 pm

I know it's boring but can I just reiterate that no one knows what will happen if we leave the EU although we have some idea of what will happen if we stay inside the EU. A great deal of what has been posted on here is subjective and comes from our own standpoint be that political or financial; i.e. how well-off we are and whether or not we are in recipe of pensions and do or do not get health cover from the UK. There are even such vast gulfs between the polls with the Remain camp leagues in front and the Leave camp even further in front. (Not a typo.) I think I've almost made up my mind to vote for ... but I'm still not sure!

flyeogh
Resident
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Puerto de Santa Maria (and Asturias)
Contact:

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby flyeogh » Sun May 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Detourer you certainly come across as rather smug if not gleeful. I'm all right Jack, doesn't worry me, made more than enough money and I don't care about anyone left behind. Just my opinion of course :D
El raton de watford

User avatar
firsttango
Resident
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: Velez-Malaga

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby firsttango » Sun May 29, 2016 3:27 pm

flyeogh wrote:Detourer you certainly come across as rather smug if not gleeful. I'm all right Jack, doesn't worry me, made more than enough money and I don't care about anyone left behind. Just my opinion of course :D
Not just your opinion :) Smug, perfectly sums it up.

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby katy » Sun May 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Lavanda wrote:I know it's boring but can I just reiterate that no one knows what will happen if we leave the EU although we have some idea of what will happen if we stay inside the EU. A great deal of what has been posted on here is subjective and comes from our own standpoint be that political or financial; i.e. how well-off we are and whether or not we are in recipe of pensions and do or do not get health cover from the UK. There are even such vast gulfs between the polls with the Remain camp leagues in front and the Leave camp even further in front. (Not a typo.) I think I've almost made up my mind to vote for ... but I'm still not sure!
Very typical of a remainer post :mrgreen: no one knows what will happen if the UK stays in. More money sucked out for Brussels, EU army, changes to VAT rules being worked on right now. Budget on ice until after we vote. There is no idea what Europe will look like in a year, they just respond to the crisis. Of course the certainty of being able to stay in Spain is assured, that's what it's all about really. Although a few interviewed in Fuengirola on SKY news wanted out but they could have been holidaymakers :D

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby markwilding » Sun May 29, 2016 3:37 pm

detourer wrote:She did Markwilding........ but your view is, in your own words.....irrelevant, just an opinion....... lol
Your opinion that ex-pats shouldn't vote is irrelevant basically because it makes no difference to me what you think, I've exercised my right to vote, which is not opinion but fact.

You could start a new thread regarding your view and then it could discussed on its merits.

detourer
Resident
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Alhaurin el Grande

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby detourer » Sun May 29, 2016 3:48 pm

No not smug or gleeful, just honest with ones self and belief more like.

I didn't move to Spain because it was warmer and I will move-on not just because of the shambolic EU. What I did do was, against the odds, work my [email protected] off, paid a huge amount of taxes and employed a large number of people. I look around and I listen and now think No Thank You!

I respect your choice of both habitation location and your future hopes and plans...........However I do not need approval of mine.

In 4/5 years or so I will check and see how its all going.........Hopefully no reason to say "I told you so"........lol
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby markwilding » Sun May 29, 2016 3:49 pm

katy wrote:. Of course the certainty of being able to stay in Spain is assured, that's what it's all about really. :D
You keep coming back to that and as already discussed, in or out makes no difference to existing resident both here and in the UK .

Expats would also enjoy significant legal protections that would apply after Brexit. Many lawyers argue that British expats living elsewhere in the EU at the time of Brexit would have individual "acquired rights" under international law.

This is based on the Vienna Convention of 1969, which says that the termination of a treaty "does not affect any right, obligation or legal situation of the parties created through the execution of the treaty prior to its termination.” The House of Commons Library says that "withdrawing from a treaty releases the parties from any future obligations to each other, but does not affect any rights or obligations acquired under it before withdrawal."

In other words, Brits who have already exercised their right to live in EU states would keep that right after Brexit.

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby katy » Sun May 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Agree but a lot of expats are worried, particularly about health care.

If the UK votes in and if I were younger I would be out of Europe pronto.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:53 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK, Lebrija

Re: The process for withdrawal from the E.U.

Postby anyroads » Mon May 30, 2016 8:08 pm

I guess a vote either in or out, won't stop the Albanians lining up on the other side of the Channel.

It will be interesting to see how the two latest "people smugglers" got on in court.

anyroads


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests