No English breakfasts !

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
scotty
Resident

No English breakfasts !

Postby scotty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:09 am

I'm looking forward to England leaving the EU. Firstly all the places that have "all day English breakfast" will be gone. Secondly the que at passport control will be better as they will all be in the "Alien" line :clap: . Thirdly as the sterling falls (even for a short while) I will buy myself another motorcycle in the uk and enjoy the saving. So there is a silver lining to the cloud. :lol:

detourer
Resident

Re: No English breakfasts !

Postby detourer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:29 am

[quote="scotty"]I'm looking forward to England leaving the EU. Firstly all the places that have "all day English breakfast" will be gone.

I think the only thing "English" about it is the "All Day" bit. I read recently that the "Full English" term originated in Spanish/Mediterranean holiday resorts in the Sixties. Before that, each region of the UK had its own version of the meal and that it was known only as a 'fry-up'.

Not sure if there is a valid reason to vote either way in the referendum..........Probably voting OUT would cover it........ :lol:
Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:19 am

An alternative view.
Since eating a All day English breakfast isn't enshrined in EU law, it isn't necessary to eat them. I certainly hope you haven't been eating the full Monty without wanting to for lunch and dinner because you felt it was an obligation. I would also suspect they will continue after no matter who wins. Another scare story from the remain side I'm afraid.

With regard to queues. Although you will gain time entering the UK, this will be offset by the extra time it will take to enter a country as we will now have to go through the aliens section when abroad. We will be the ones having to fill out the alien form on board the plane.

The cost of your shiny new Bike will be offset by import duties that you will need to pay plus you will need to pay the VAT there then claim it back later while at the same time pay the VAT here so good luck with the frustration of the extra bureaucracy that you will have to suffer.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Mark, I'm Irish so or the moment we are staying in the EU. I'm old enough to remember being treated as a terrorist by the police anytime I flew into the uk so a delay in an English airport is normal for us. As for vat . . . . There was never vat on used vehicles. It's only on new ones. What's really funny are my nephews and nieces living in the UK that are now getting Irish passports as well as their English ones.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi Scotty

I'm surprised you call it English breakfast. I often go to Ireland, in fact I'll be there in July and it is called Irish breakfast there.

My post was actually tongue in cheek.It actually seems that the queue for non EU nationals is non existent in Bilbao so it might be we would get through quicker here.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I eat a full Spanish most days. Bread, oil, tomato, and pepper. Buenissimo

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Put a bit of haggis on and you have a Scottish one haha. This is so funny

maureenscot
Resident