Fires

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gruff
Resident

Fires

Postby gruff » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Could someone please explain why if I had a garden fire tonight burning all the "hay" apparently it is acceptable but if I did it tomorrow I would probably get fined because it is too hot, too dry etc?

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Re: Fires

Postby GerryinCajiz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 pm

My understanding is that there is a general ban on fires without the necessary licence. I do not understand your comment that it is OK today and not OK tomorrow.
Gerry

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm sorry Gerry I didn't provide enough information. Where I am there are fires and fireworks. I assumed it was something to do with today's festival where Torre del Mar was heaving and Bricomart was closed.

kerbut
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kerbut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:50 am

Is there a Bricomart in Torre del Mar now ?
kerbut

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:08 am

I would be very wary of having a fire anytime of the year. You would really be for the high jump if it got out of hand and spread to someone else land.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am

Do you sometimes wish you had thought a bit more before starting a topic?
I was frustrated that I had been to Malaga and found all the big DIY shops closed. I've been raking up all the hay from our patch of land but cannot burn it till I come out again by which time it will have disappeared under new growth. And then to see people having bonfires and fireworks at what must be one of the worst times of the year.

There, grump finished.

kerbut
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kerbut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Oh , sorry I read it wrong , I thought Bricomart had opened a new store in Torre del Mar.
kerbut

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:10 pm

You need a licence to burn at any time of the year. However, if your a sensible and wait till the ground is wet after some substantial rain, then a blind eye is turned.

I have a mountain of garden rubbish to burn. When a fair amount to rain is forecast, and we're in October, I cover the heap with a plastic sheet, wait till the ground is totally wet, then whoosh, all gone for another year!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:16 pm

7 September, or the weekend nearest to that date, is candalaria around here which is like Uk's bonfire night. I guess it has something to do with the end of harvest and people tend to go to their campo houses and have a bonfire and fireworks.

I'm glad to say that they tend to have less bonfires (certainly around us) but last year a neighbour's whizz-bang firesworks managed to set fire to land between him and us and the bomberos spent the next 3 hours putting it out. I am hoping this year he will decide against celebrating it as I always dread it!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 pm

It is extremely hazardous right now, the other day I put out a fire caused by the neighbour's disc tiller whatever they are called (wobbling metal discs that you pull behind a tractor to tilt the earth). It struck a stone and wham.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:57 am

The current fire near Archidona can be smelt 30kms away and is taking a lot of putting out.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:04 am

We saw the smoke from the fire near Archidona last night. There was a lot!