Fuente de Piedra

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Trooperman
Resident

Fuente de Piedra

Postby Trooperman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Does anyone on this forum live In F de P...or somewhere nearby?

I ask, because for various reasons, I am attracted to the area as a place to live after I've sold my "mountain" home near Ronda.....(all those bl**dy views!).

This forum shows very old threads about urbanisations being illegal and developers going bust but nothing newer about the friendliness of the locals and the ayuntamiento, the levels of the ex-pat population (and IYHO whether that's good or bad!), and any ongoing problems with illegal properties.

...and is there a local abogado I can trust! :roll:
nil illegitimum carborundum

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Fuente de Piedra

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi

Here are a few forum posts for you as well as a Facebook page. Can't find much about the area for you.

Re: Public transport to and from Fuente de Piedra.
by filboy Mar 3, 2004 at 3:23 AM
If you bought a house that's being built, just be aware of the additional costs that you have to pay to close the deal. One of my friends had to pay an additional30,000, to close his retirement house he had purchased in the Almeria area. A lot of the cities and towns in Spain are tacking all kind of taxes, permits, extra charges that your realtors do not dare tell you. Beware !!!

Re: Re: Public transport to and from Fuente de Piedra.
by Beach_dog Mar 2, 2004 at 2:51 PM
The only option I can find is bus, train or taxi from the airport to Malaga city center. Services are quite regular. From Malaga bus station catch a bus to Antequera they run at 7.00, 9.30, 11.00, 12.00, 12.30, 13.00, 13.45, 15.15, 17.00, 18.00, 19.45, 20.00, 20.45. Times for this route may not be accurate, as I´m not sure how often the website below is updated. (www.andalucia.com/travel/bus/malaga.htm) From Antequera you can catch a bus to Fuente de Piedra, they leave at 04:10, 08:45, 11:45, 16:00 and 19:10, the journey takes 35 minutes. Times for this section should be accurate and are from the website below. (www.movelia.es) I hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

10/06/2016
If it's a good few years since you have been you might see a difference now.If you are looking to integrate with the English as well as Spanish I would say Mollina might be better for you as you have English bars,English supermarket if that's what you are looking for.Other places to look at in the area El Saucejo,Martin de le Jara,Roda de Andalucìa,Sierra de Yeguas.All of these have their own individual lifestyle.At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice and the lifestyle you want to live.I agree with you 100% that renting at first is your best option then if you find it's not for you you are not stuck with a property.I know a couple of people who have bought in that area and absolutely loved it but sadly their partners passed away and they are now stuck on their own until they can sell. Sincerely wish you the best of luck in your search

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492840701019217/

Good Luck

Nigel

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Not sure I would live there but its a nice place to visit.

janieb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby janieb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 am

Hola, we live in Fuente de piedra & we love it! It has a fairly large ex pat community who gather frequently in the bars in the square! There are a handful of restaurants including an Indian, a reasonable supermarket, small indoor market & an outdoor market twice a week. There's also a medical centre a couple of banks etc, everything you need really! The local estate agent is English with a Spanish wife ( I can get you his number if you like ) The locals are friendly & welcoming. The village of Mollina is 10 minutes away & as well as it's Spanish bars has a couple of English ones too! The beautiful town of Antequera is 20 minutes away. Please feel free to ask if you want anymore info.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks janieb and other helpful replies. I've pm'd you janieb with some more asks (!)

janieb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby janieb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I have answered you pm but don't know if it sent properly! Let me know on here if you received it, lol

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi janib,
The Way PM's work.........
Your PM will site in your.......... OutBox (1)........... until Trooperman Reads it.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Janieb wrote:
don't know if it sent properly!
Sorry - nothing coming thru' yet!

If you click on my user name, a new page/box will open and you'll see (somewhere) an option to send a pm. Click on that and yet another page will open and just fill in the message box.....

janieb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby janieb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:11 pm

I tried but couldn't get it to work! Pm me your email instead

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:07 am

Hi

Just came across this website,very informative.

http://www.antequera-inland.com/helpful ... ful-links/

Nigel