Emabesa refund on water leak repair

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Emabesa refund on water leak repair

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 am

Had a burst water pipe under driveway so could not spot it, phone call from Emabesa saying massive water use got out Spanish plumber he did repair gave me the bill on his advice took it to Emabesa office the water bill was for €1063 I got a refund back of €300.

Plumbers bill was €299 including IVA so refund covered that and I also have the bill to set against my Tax this year

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Emabesa refund on water leak repair

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:30 am

Hi

Forum members are going to think whats has Endesa got to do with a Water Leak. I think you need to edit your Heading to "Emabesa"

Thanks

Nigel

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:34 pm

:thumbup: "I think you need to edit your Heading to "Emabesa"" :clap:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Re:Emabesa refund on water leak repair

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Whoops

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:38 am

I have been back to Emabesa office now 4 times because I am still waiting for the boss to ring me and confirm when they will pay me the settlement they owe me, last time the lady in the office said boss would ring me when i asked if she could hurry it up a little she just said the boss is the boss and she could not hurry the guy up. Any suggestions as to what I need to do now otherwise this will go on for ever, is the complaints book the next way forward.
Thank you

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:09 pm

i'm surprised that they even offered to refund anything, normally if its on your land or after the water meter then they are not interested.

but it looks like you are going to struggle getting the money back ... :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:16 pm

I was a bit suprised myself but it was the repairer plumber who told me as it was an official repair IVA included they say because the water has not entered the drains there is a claim against Emabesa ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

is it the pipe from thew street TO your house, and you have a meter on the house ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:29 pm

The leak was on my land in between the meter and my house

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 pm

We have had a similar problem this month, our leak was also on our land between the meter and the house, but our water company AGUA LAURO have been really helpful and kind.
Ours was also an invisible leak and we were made aware of it because they sent an engineer out to warn us of excessive consumption of water.
They next explained in English via email how to sort the problem and give us some help with the bills. They told us to take the repair bill( which was almost the same as yours), photographs of the repairs and take them to the recaudacion patronato and ask for a reclamation form which they filled in for us. With our new efficient offices in Alhaurin de la Torre, were seen in one minute and the whole thing only took 5 minutes. The water rep then told us a site visit would be required to confirm what we had told them. They called within 4 hours and checked the repair on the same day. Our first bill was 200 euros and there is a new one for 360 euros which they are going to help us with a reduction. We are to take the new March bill to them and then she will sort that out. Have to say we were very impressed by it all.
I hope this has been of help to you incase there is a part of the procedure that may have been missed.