White Goods Alcaucin

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

White Goods Alcaucin

Postby PavAmber » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi
We are moving near to Alcaucin in the next couple of months. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for upright fridge/freezers; washer/tumble driers, dishwashers etc. Preferably with a website. How do prices compare with the UK?

Guessing nearest town of significance would be Velez-Malaga?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: White Goods Alcaucin

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:36 pm

difficult to beat Worten in El Ingenio, Velez-Malaga for range and showroom if you like to see before you buy. Most goods are free delivery from central warehouses but we have found this service good.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Comercial Gonzalez in the centre of velez have a decent range, but if you know what you want they will source it for you and their prices are very good. For people who remember when they only took cash, they take cards now. They deliver for free. A couple of the staff speak English
AlisonB

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:15 pm

If you are prepared to order online, try www.redcoon.es or Amazon.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm

alisonb wrote:Comercial Gonzalez in the centre of velez have a decent range, but if you know what you want they will source it for you and their prices are very good. For people who remember when they only took cash, they take cards now. They deliver for free. A couple of the staff speak English
Comercial Gonzalez are my preferred supplier if they have it, but as Alisonb stated they will source it for you. My OH wanted a specific model of the Samsung variety which they sourced, but it did take about a month, apparently it was in a container en route from Japan! They do compare favourably with on line retailers and with large appliances they deliver to the connection point and not just to the front entrance of the house, which we have recently experienced with an on line supplier. One man, one washing machine and no sack trolley. Our 141 years of joint experience sorted it though. For removal of old appliances they do charge €10, which is the charge levied to commercial businesses using the recycling centre. It is free to domestic users if you can get the item in your car.
Gerry

PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby PavAmber » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Great advice all. Many thanks.

We will take a look at Comercial Gonzalez in Velez-Malaga when we arrive.

Peteroldracer. Is Worten actually inside El Ingenio? It also sounds worth a look despite not fond memories of El Ingenio (robbed on one visit!).

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Worten's are in the El Ingenio complex reachable from the outside on the Dunnes end of the complex.
They are a much smaller store, and have less on display, now that halve of it is a pet food outlet.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Worten do not have a good reputation for after sales service.

I say that not from personal experience but from other's posts on various forums.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 am

That is contrary to my personal experience with Worten.
Let's go Brandon!