Christmas Day Lunch.....

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Christmas Day Lunch.....

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:00 pm

The shops here are already stocking Christmas things and it feels more commercial here now that when we first came. We used to like the fact that it started nearer to the day, but now Dunnes is full of baubles and Casa has Christmas trees (on offer on Friday - 20% off!).

Pamela1 we've had some glorious Christmas days here and have eaten outside in very warm sunshine. I can remember having to move out of the sun as the wine was getting too warm one year! We've had real cold and wet ones too, though, and we've sat in front of the log fire and it's felt like being back in the UK. In past years we have thought about going out for a (Spanish) meal on the day, but when it's really cold and wet I find that the restaurants here are not very cosy and prefer to be at home. OK if it's a lovely sunny warm day and we can sit by the beach somewhere, but that's the problem of not being able to predict the weather on the day.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Christmas Day Lunch.....

Postby Evelyn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 am

Before we came to Spain it was Xmas Lunch for two sittings of 100 people. Never again. But, I still like to cook for the two of us at Xmas. Go out for a pre lunch/dinner drink and then sit down to Fillet en Croute. Afterwards in the armchair in front of the tele in a nice warm cosy home. Bliss!