Moving in: Gas; Concrete and Sheds!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving in: Gas; Concrete and Sheds!

Postby PavAmber » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi All

Should complete on our house in just over a week. The advice from this forum thus far has been really useful so I will start with a "gracias".

A couple of other areas we could do with some pointers in. The house is Alcaucin, not far from Cruce de Periana.

1. Gas: I am keen to get the gas boiler serviced (possibly replaced) as it appears very old and not sure of service history. Is this done via Repsol/Cepsa or can anyone recommend a gas engineer in the area.

2. Concrete: We have a fair amount of work to do externally in the concreting area. Levelling and then probably what I would call imprinted concrete. Does anyone know whether the attached photo is imprinted concrete or something else? Again, if anyone knows of any suppliers in the area we would be most grateful.

3. Sheds / Outbuildings: We have been to numerous Viveros in the area but can't find a shed/outbuilding. Where do you go for these? Looking for a plastic / metal construction that is fairly substantial.

Thanks in anticipation.

PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Moving in: Gas; Concrete and Sheds!

Postby PavAmber » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Forget the photo, getting an error message when I try to add a photo as an attachment.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi PavAmber,

From the Admin Post.........
"The facility to Upload photos has been added for a trial period. This can be done via an "Attachment" tab below the post creation box. There is a maximum file size of photo set to 400kB. Please do no upload photos of widths greater than 800 pixels."

Or you can use post image.................

https://postimage.org/

As for printed concrete..........charcoal grey seems the best colour as it doesn't show the dust....we have a reddy/orange finish under the sandy dust colour...........ok if you have a Spanish wife to keep it swept and mopped daily............. :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Sheds...rather than a plant nursery/garden centre you need a DiY supermarket. Google and look at Bauhaus Malaga and Leroy Merlin (both mean a trip to the big city but you can research on line first). Old viewers may remember a bit of a saga involving a shed but I don't want to put you off!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

bigal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bigal » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Suggest you look at www.keter.com for sheds. I bought a timber shed several years ago but it did not survive the extremes of weather (probably due to me not looking after it properly!). Subsequently, I purchased a Keter shed which is showing no problems at all after three years. 8" x 6" and about €1000.00. Well worth it seeing as no maintenance required.

Regards, Alan
Alan - aka the anorexic grasshopper

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:31 am

Is that a shed for a dolls house? :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:59 am

We bought a metal shed which came in small panels so was easy to transport and then you put it together yourself. Trouble is in strong wind if you are in an exposed spot it can blow away, so ours is on a flooring of pallets with wood boarded floor, then screwed down to that. It hasn't needed any maintenance but does get very hot inside in the summer so we don't store our electric tools or paint in there. They're not cheap here and, depending on your building skills, you may want to consider building a small shed which would be more robust. We have an integral one built onto the back of the house which is much cooler for storing anything that may deteriorate in the heat and is more secure.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Might be a silly question, but do you have permission from the town hall to put up a shed ? We were refused as we didn't have enough land (but we went ahead anyway ;-) )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

bigal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bigal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Whoops - 8' x 6' :oops:
Alan - aka the anorexic grasshopper

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 am

chrissiehope wrote:Might be a silly question, but do you have permission from the town hall to put up a shed ? We were refused as we didn't have enough land (but we went ahead anyway ;-) )
That's what most Spanish do...and people in Uk :wink: :lol: